SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final 5

siouxguyinstpaul

there have been many many threads and posts on this issue. oh well. it makes a difference because the top seed should usually get the afternoon game to get more rest for saturday title game rewarding you for beig the top seed but if the gophers make it to the final 5. then if they happen to win the play in game that thursday and all other seeds win like they are suppose to then the sioux and gophers would play friday night to ensure sold out arena blah blah blah, its a money thing.

Its always about money.. Does anyone know who will be were for F4 regionals? I supose they will make sure no all WCHA tourny again.

VBL

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its always about money.. Does anyone know who will be were for F4 regionals? I supose they will make sure no all WCHA tourny again.

VBL

We won't know for sure until Sunday, March 22 when the Selection Show airs. The only sure thing is that if the Gophers make the tournament they will play at Mariucci Arena as the host.

We won't know for sure until Sunday, March 22 when the Selection Show airs. The only sure thing is that if the Gophers make the tournament they will play at Mariucci Arena as the host.

You said "if" the Goofs make they tourney...they will be the first #22 seed in the PRW to make it in... :silly:

I plan to be at the Friday game at the X and in Phoenix for the championship game. Where does the Phoenix contingent of Fighting Sioux fans plan to get together to watch the Sioux hoist the Broadmoor trophy? AZSIOUX? anyone?

RTO Sullivan's in Mesa tends to be the main gathering in the valley.

RTO Sullivan's in Mesa tends to be the main gathering in the valley.

oh for sure and has been for 10 years now. lots of fun and always great being around many sioux hockey fans

you will be able to pick that title game up at any sports bar through fox sports but the majority of sioux fans will be at osullivans in mesa, az

1010 West Southern Ave

Mesa, AZ 85210

480-844-1290

http://www.rtosullivans.com/

For before and after/between games:

You will see Sioux fans everywhere, but the best bets for the most fun are:

McGoverns or Tom Reid's for drinks

Cassetta's for pizza

The UND Alumni Association always has a big gathering and pep rally, has been at Great Waters in years past.

Great time, as someone said before, it is "College Hockey Mardi Gras"

Josephs in West St. Paul is a great place to go before the game, lots of Sioux fans and great food with a shuttle to the game!!!

We are looking for 1 to 2 rooms in St Paul for the final 5 but are having trouble finding rooms. Anyone know of any reasonably priced hotels close that still have rooms available?

If St. Paul is full, there are some hotels in Eagan that are about 10 or so minutes away.

oh for sure and has been for 10 years now. lots of fun and always great being around many sioux hockey fans

you will be able to pick that title game up at any sports bar through fox sports but the majority of sioux fans will be at osullivans in mesa, az

1010 West Southern Ave

Mesa, AZ 85210

480-844-1290

http://www.rtosullivans.com/

Thank you very much.

Squirt is playing in a college baseball tourney and Mrs. Squirt coach and I are following the team. Hope to meet a lot of Sioux Fans Saturday.

Go Sioux!

there have been many many threads and posts on this issue. oh well. it makes a difference because the top seed should usually get the afternoon game to get more rest for saturday title game rewarding you for beig the top seed but if the gophers make it to the final 5. then if they happen to win the play in game that thursday and all other seeds win like they are suppose to then the sioux and gophers would play friday night to ensure sold out arena blah blah blah, its a money thing.

actually - the #1 seed is supposed to play the Friday night game - but that can be changed by the "minny rule" and (if seeded 2 or 3) they get to bump the #1 seed to the afternoon game. If not seeded 2 or 3 - the minny rule does not matter as they would play Friday night anyway as either #1 or playing #1.

St. Paul Skyway system pretty much closes after 7p and weekends though. But, it looks like the weather will be very nice here in tropical metropolitan minnesota - may hit 50 on St. Patty's Day

While the businesses are closed, the skyway system is open. We have stayed at the St. Paul Hilton Garden Inn and used the skyway just last year for the games. The skyway is open and usable. There were many people using the skyway system.

While the businesses are closed, the skyway system is open. We have stayed at the St. Paul Hilton Garden Inn and used the skyway just last year for the games. The skyway is open and usable. There were many people using the skyway system.

ya know - your right about that - I think the only trouble is getting in and/or out - but if your in your OK

Hotel availability in St. Paul is pretty tough during the Final Five. There is a poultry convention going on in town. We are at the Radisson by the MOA.

That is why I booked my room at the Holiday INN River center in December.

Paul Allen is on a Holy Cross kick on KFAN this morning. He mentions the Kansas Jayhawk basketball loss yesterday and then says here's the call of the game. It then cuts to the Holy Cross ending. He has done it three times, and you know - it is hilarious every time!

St. Paul Skyway system pretty much closes after 7p and weekends though. But, it looks like the weather will be very nice here in tropical metropolitan minnesota - may hit 50 on St. Patty's Day

We've been to the F5 the past 5 years and have never been locked out of the skyway.

I was able to purchase five tickets online in section 102 row 5 last weekend...pretty awesome I'd say. Except one person can't go. If someone wants it, right now it's face value, roughly $51 (after fees and such). Let me know. roben.anderson@gmail.com

that's for the Championship game Saturday night.