SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final 5

siouxguyinstpaul

A friend and I are going to our first Final Five this year. We purchased our tickets yesterday but are having a hard time finding a decent hotel within walking distance of the arena. Does everyone who's going already have a room booked or do some of you wait until the Final Five teams are 'finalized' and hope that fans of other teams cancel their reservations? Also, should we have to stay farther away, does anyone know if there are shuttles or buses running to and from the arena from area hotels? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend and I are going to our first Final Five this year. We purchased our tickets yesterday but are having a hard time finding a decent hotel within walking distance of the arena. Does everyone who's going already have a room booked or do some of you wait until the Final Five teams are 'finalized' and hope that fans of other teams cancel their reservations? Also, should we have to stay farther away, does anyone know if there are shuttles or buses running to and from the arena from area hotels? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go to Hotels.com you're going to have a hard time finding something close but the airport hotels and the suburbs will have good

hotels within driving distance. We stayed in Roseville last year and it wasn't too bad.

Metro Transit buses work well - but then again I'm alittle biased as I work there. I know some folks from GF that stay in one of the hotels by the MOA and catch the route 54 to the X. Seems to work OK for them.

The Crowne Plaza still has rooms. It's walking distance to the X. They're around $180/night, pricey but if two of you are splitting the cost, not bad.

I live about 20 minutes south of St. Paul and drive to the games so if you want to go somewhere else after the games you dont have to rely on the buses. We always have a sober driver so we dont get DUI. You should come out and party with us!

Go Sioux!

The Crowne Plaza still has rooms. It's walking distance to the X. They're around $180/night, pricey but if two of you are splitting the cost, not bad.

Where is that one at? Is that down by the Science Museum? I stayed in one of them in West Palm beach not too bad.

For before and after/between games:

You will see Sioux fans everywhere, but the best bets for the most fun are:

McGoverns or Tom Reid's for drinks

Cassetta's for pizza

The UND Alumni Association always has a big gathering and pep rally, has been at Great Waters in years past.

Great time, as someone said before, it is "College Hockey Mardi Gras"

We stay at the Hilton and walk, but always end up going to a house party between games one of the days. We pile 5-6 of us into a cab. I thought the cabs were really reasonable in the cities. Much better/cheaper than a DUI. And hotels away from downtown always seem to be less expensive, so it might be a wash if you have to go that way. It IS fun to be downtown though.

We stay at the Hilton and walk, but always end up going to a house party between games one of the days. We pile 5-6 of us into a cab. I thought the cabs were really reasonable in the cities. Much better/cheaper than a DUI. And hotels away from downtown always seem to be less expensive, so it might be a wash if you have to go that way. It IS fun to be downtown though.

We've stayed at the Hilton most years but this year they were already booked by the time we looked for rooms. I like it. I like staying downtown, the atmosphere is great and you can go hang out in your room between games if you want, or go drop off those dozens of t-shirts you bought for the reli's back home or have a snack and a few drinks at 'packed it up and brought it with' prices. :D

I, for one, am not counting the Gophers out of the F5 (or their regional) quite yet.

Last year they finished in 7th and still made it to the F5 (and made the NCAA's). Still time left this season for them to right the ship and make it to both.

And then all it takes is for them to win two games on home ice...

It's looking more and more like the Sioux will get either UAA or MTU for the 1st round. While those two teams are in 9th/10th place for a reason, they both have beaten the Sioux this year and play a style that tends to frustrate the Sioux offensively. I wouldn't be surprised if either of those opponents pushed the Sioux to three games...

Much as I would love to not have the Goofs in the F5, there's still the chance they could make it.

all anyone has to do is win their playoff series best 2 of 3. all depends on matchups i guess. i bet they end up on the road at cc for 1st round. just a hunch looking at standings

I, for one, am not counting the Gophers out of the F5 (or their regional) quite yet.

Last year they finished in 7th and still made it to the F5 (and made the NCAA's). Still time left this season for them to right the ship and make it to both.

And then all it takes is for them to win two games on home ice...

It's looking more and more like the Sioux will get either UAA or MTU for the 1st round. While those two teams are in 9th/10th place for a reason, they both have beaten the Sioux this year and play a style that tends to frustrate the Sioux offensively. I wouldn't be surprised if either of those opponents pushed the Sioux to three games...

I am thinking its not going to happen this year though. I think this team is clicking right now.

my feeling is the top team 1 and 2 always will get through in a 3 game series, they just will in a playoff atmosphere and talent ect.... the middle match ups can go either way as we all know. lets get that 1 seed and work tech at the ralph in 2 nights.

Does everyone who's going already have a room booked or do some of you wait until the Final Five teams are 'finalized' and hope that fans of other teams cancel their reservations?

I just make sure the woman who picks me up at the bar afterwards has a nice place! :D

I don't have tickets yet and was planning on getting single game tickets. Am I going to be able to pick up 2 tickets for each of the sioux games. I used to live in Minneapolis and was able to just walk up and buy tickets. What do you suggest?

They never sell out, so shouldn't be a problem if you are ok sitting upstairs, but let's get past the first round first :D .

I don't have tickets yet and was planning on getting single game tickets. Am I going to be able to pick up 2 tickets for each of the sioux games. I used to live in Minneapolis and was able to just walk up and buy tickets. What do you suggest?

The only times its been impossible to get tickets is if its Sioux-Gophers on Saturday night. Any other time - even if its a sellout - getting a scalped ticket is not hard.

I just got my tickets for the Final Five yesterday. I was in the same situation as some of you that had friends that couldn't decide if they would make it or not. So I thought we lost our package deal. I called up the ticket manager and told her my situation. She looked up my information and said my seats were still available. I had 4 seats, but 2 of my friends cant make it so now my other friend and I are going to be there!! It is going to be sweet. I would give her a call if you still want to get your package.

Go Sioux!!!

Is there a certain phone number I need to call?