SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Looking at two former players who could have stayed their senior yrs but decided to go play in the pros. Gregs and Hexy. I am wondering if they are both wishing they would have stayed the last year at UND. We all know Gregs hurt his knee and was sidelined for a while but I must say both players have not exactly been having stellar seasons.

Gregs has played in 24 games and has 3 goals and 5 assists for 8pts and Hexy has played in 38 games and has 4 goals and 6 assists for 10pts. I can't speak for personal situations but I can't believe both jumped for the money. In my opinion they both would have been better served staying their senior yr. Oh well..

Gregs would have been a Hobey candidate this year IMO. Just an excellent 2-way player with a scoring touch.

I think "scoring touch" is a little understated. Gregoire would have had 30+ goals and 50+ points if he wouldn't have gotten hurt last year. He honestly could have been a Hobey candidate last year if he was healthy.

Didn't Greg's basically have to g to be able to sign as a free agent, as opposed to being stuck in the islands organization. I'm not positive on how that works if he says his senior year.

I'd saw both would have been better served by staying. All things being equal.

If a player isn't signed by August after his senior year he automatically becomes a Free Agent. That's how Chris Porter signed with the Blues instead of the Blackhawks (wonder if he's regretting that move now).

If a player isn't signed by August after his senior year he automatically becomes a Free Agent. That's how Chris Porter signed with the Blues instead of the Blackhawks (wonder if he's regretting that move now).

Probably not, do you really think he could crack the Blackhawk's lineup when he is a healthy scratch pretty frequently with the Blues'?

My bad. I still think Hexy and Gregs should of stayed though. :)

I think Hexy should have stayed, but to be honest, Gregoire really didn't have anything left to prove in college. It still is disappointing though thinking that instead of fighting for our NCAA lives this team could be top-5 in the country with those two.

I think Hexy should have stayed, but to be honest, Gregoire really didn't have anything left to prove in college. It still is disappointing though thinking that instead of fighting for our NCAA lives this team could be top-5 in the country with those two.

The way this season has gone, they both probably would have been injured.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like Hexy is/was in town. Was listening to Tim H on the radio this morning. Sounds like Mr. Hextall wishes now he would have stayed his senior year. Apparently he was telling guys in the locker room to not leave early. If true that is interesting.

I was always surprised that he jumped early.

Hopefully Kristo, Nelson, Knight, and MacWilliam listen to his advice! :)

Sounds like Hexy is/was in town. Was listening to Tim H on the radio this morning. Sounds like Mr. Hextall wishes now he would have stayed his senior year. Apparently he was telling guys in the locker room to not leave early. If true that is interesting.

Money always talks louder, unfortunately.

Could you imagine this years team with Hexy and Gregs on the team... They would have probably been leading the WCHA. Or as someone mentioned earlier, injuried. :) Edited by Goon

Could you imagine this years team with Hexy and Gregs on the team... They would have probably been leading the WCHA. Or as someone mentioned earlier, injuried. :)

I believe Gregs is hurt again and really hasn't played anywhere near his level of play at UND. Sometimes things don't pan out like we hope and I think this may be the case for Gregs.