SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

David Hale playing solid D for Calgary so far against the Sharks. He played well all year and seemed to have found a home and then had a bad East Coast swing late in the year and found himself on the bench. He's back in the lineup and has looked good. Nice to see him make it through the entire year without his kidney acting up.

Hale had Calgary's #9 Best Hit of the Year for 2007/08

Commie was interviewed at the 1st intermission of the Sens/Pens game....

And Parise tried to get the puck outta the zone, but ended up passing it to a Ranger who then went on to score right after that... Although he was on the ice for both of the Devils' goals...

Oh and I believe it was Zajac who got a 4 min high sticking penalty...

Brian let in a Penguins goal...

Commie was interviewed at the 1st intermission of the Sens/Pens game....

And Parise tried to get the puck outta the zone, but ended up passing it to a Ranger who then went on to score right after that... Although he was on the ice for both of the Devils' goals...

Oh and I believe it was Zajac who got a 4 min high sticking penalty...

Brian let in a Penguins goal...

He "let in the Penguins goal"? I don't think he plays goalie and that goal was not at all his fault.

I'm too lazy to look back to see if anyone mentioned this, but I was reading a running blog from the last Calgary game and the writer commented that the Flames fans yell out "Hale" when they get to the "what so proudly we hailed" part of the Star Spangled Banner.

That's pretty awesome.

He "let in the Penguins goal"? I don't think he plays goalie and that goal was not at all his fault.

Mark this on the calendar. I agree with riders06!

I actually thought Lee made a nice play to prevent a clean breakaway, or even a 2 on 0. He kept Ruutu to the outside, didn't let him cut to the net and forced him to turn his back to the goal. All while coming from behind and without committing a penalty. Ruutu ended up just throwing the puck blindly towards the net along the ice with his back to the goal, and Gerber let it in. Brian Lee made a great effort on the play, he stayed with the man, kept his skates wide and forced him to stay outside. That's really all he can do in that situation.

The fact Ottawa kept Brian Lee up for the Playoffs speaks volumes for what they think of his future, especially since they will not likely resign either Redden or Commodore. And he's only 20/21, very young for an NHL defenseman.

Mark this on the calendar. I agree with riders06!

I actually thought Lee made a nice play to prevent a clean breakaway, or even a 2 on 0. He kept Ruutu to the outside, didn't let him cut to the net and forced him to turn his back to the goal. All while coming from behind and without committing a penalty. Ruutu ended up just throwing the puck blindly towards the net along the ice with his back to the goal, and Gerber let it in. Brian Lee made a great effort on the play, he stayed with the man, kept his skates wide and forced him to stay outside. That's really all he can do in that situation.

The fact Ottawa kept Brian Lee up for the Playoffs speaks volumes for what they think of his future, especially since they will not likely resign either Redden or Commodore. And he's only 20/21, very young for an NHL defenseman.

in the post game, murray talked about lee making a few mistakes, and needing a little time to learn the nhl game at full speed, but he talked very highly of him and the organization obviously thinks the same. he is a smooth skating, puck moving defenseman, which is a rare commodity in todays nhl. brian will be up with the big club for the long haul i have a feeling. we sure could have used another puck moving defenseman this season :lol: but we all hated lee :D

Lee would have had an impact this year no doubt. Chorney and him would have had a monster year IMHO and took pressure off the other D, he would have QB the 2nd PP unit also with Genoway.

Yeah. PP Unit 1 has Chorney and Bina while PP Unit 2 has Lee and Genoway.... WOW.

Too bad Lee sucks. :D

He's a former Sioux D-man.......early or mid 90s, I believe.

Year GP G A Pts Pim

1990-91 U. of North Dakota NCAA 33 3 6 9 18

1991-92 U. of North Dakota NCAA 35 3 14 17 54

1992-93 U. of North Dakota NCAA 38 8 15 23 34

1993-94 U. of North Dakota NCAA 38 5 17 22 38

Not a very optimistic article about the Peoria Rivermen (St Louis Blues) however, props to Chris Porter:

Rivermen Have Questions, Few Answers

"We didn't have the committment from the guys in the locker room to buy into the team," said Whitfield, a veteran of more than 700 pro games. "It wasn't a coaching problem, it was really a player problem. It doesn't matter what system is in place. We won a lot of games with the system we had. But you can't win any games if you don't buy in.

Rookies Nicholas Drazenovic and Chris Porter were impact players as well, the latter close to NHL-ready by season's end.

"We had too many of the same type of player I think," Trudel said. "If we had a couple more guys like Chris Porter, it would have made a difference.

Devils lost to the RAGS, even thought I brought out my Scott Stevens jersey for last night.....so that means that Zajac and Parise join Lee and Commodore as former Sioux knocked out of the playoffs. I believe Bochenski is the only former Sioux still playing.