SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

NHL rookie of the year Patrick Kane insists he didn't win $500 in a bet with Blackhawks teammate Jonathan Toews along with the Calder Trophy.

Kane beat Toews and Washington's Niklas Backstrom for the award, which was announced Thursday night.

“I knew better,” Toews said. “I knew what was going to happen. I wouldn't take the bet.”

Zach Parise has some great things to say about his time at UND in an article published in the Minot Daily News.

Another draw for Parise was his ties to North Dakota, stemming from his time playing for UND. A time that he admitted to enjoying almost more than being drafting [sic] and playing in the NHL.

"I loved it, it was awesome," he said of playing for the Sioux. "I sometimes wish I would have stayed there for a little longer. I really enjoyed playing up there."

Toews meet and greet up for auction:

Auction

Went for $4,550.00.

That's all? I don't really know where I'm going with this comment, but . . . at the Devils Draft Party they auctioned off something uhh, "very personal" of Zach Parise's that was game worn and it brought in almost $3,000. That doesn't seem like as great a disparity in prices as it should be considering someone's gonna get to fly out for the day to meet Toews while the only thing the other person has is something that ummm, touched Zach.

I came across this link on another hockey forum.

Photos from the St. Louis Blues Development Camp

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk272/bluesdevel08/

http://stltoday.mycapture.com/mycapture/fo...ategoryID=38581---Great shots of TJ.

EDIT: Also, Jordan Parise only RFA not to be qualified

That's too bad for Jordan. Hopefully things work out for him.

EDIT: Also, Jordan Parise only RFA not to be qualified

That's too bad for Jordan. Hopefully things work out for him.

Just because they didn't qualify him doesn't mean he won't be back with the Devils. Lou says as much in the link. Lowell's number 1 goalie (Frank Doyle) already said he wouldn't be back with the Devils and is expected to sign overseas, so there is room for Jordan but it means he won't get the automatic 10% salary increase which comes with the qualifying offer and thus may be signed for less money by the Devils if he doesn't get an offer from someone else.

Just because they didn't qualify him doesn't mean he won't be back with the Devils. Lou says as much in the link. Lowell's number 1 goalie (Frank Doyle) already said he wouldn't be back with the Devils and is expected to sign overseas, so there is room for Jordan but it means he won't get the automatic 10% salary increase which comes with the qualifying offer and thus may be signed for less money by the Devils if he doesn't get an offer from someone else.

Oh, I see. This is unfamiliar territory for me, but I understand now. Thank you for the clarification.

I am reading fantastic things about Lamoureux from the St Louis fans. It seems like the fans are very interested in and hopeful that the Blues will sign him. Although apparently they have a number of goalies in Peoria, their AHL team (including Ben Bishop) so he would potentially have to play some in Alaska, their ECHL team before being able to play in Peoria. Should be an interesting summer for J.P. which I'm sure he is very excited about.