SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Toews have any tread left on the tires?  I know he had the mystery illness; did that ever get figured out?

Both he and Kane averaged about .28 goals per game last year, but truly it is hard to know because of how bad Chicago was last year.  I wouldn’t expect huge numbers, but if a team is looking for someone to demonstrate how to be the consummate professional, then he would have a lot to offer in the way of being a mentor.

Is Toews healthy? Only Jon knows.

Toews would be a "role" pick-up: 3rd line center; responsible defensively; draws; maybe PP2 unit in front; and that intangible of a guy with three Cups when nerves start to appear on the bench. Any scoring he chips in is gravy. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Not saying what he did was right but for pete sake it was like 7 years ago! We've all done dumb crap when we were young kids and I am sure everyone last one of us are embarrassed over it but that's life, you learn from your mistakes and make sure they don't happen again. To me the victim's mother is worse at her age than Mitchell was when he tormented that kid.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I hope Miller took BOS to the fiscal cleaners. 

I'm not pro Miller as much as "are you that dumb and didn't you learn anything from Arizona's draft renege". 

he'd be a media darling and on his way to the nhl if he transitioned and changed her name to michelle miller...at this point what does he have to lose?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

he'd be a media darling and on his way to the nhl if he transitioned and changed her name to michelle miller...at this point what does he have to lose?

This is the foundation of a reality series on E.

Get yourself an agent.

Probably not Millers tho

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frozen4sioux said:

This is the foundation of a reality series on E.

Get yourself an agent.

Probably not Millers tho

sitting down with ellen for his first interview after signing with the Wild...

"when I was a man i was always so full of hate and anger...now that I'm a woman all i feel is love and every 30 days menstrual cramps...HELLO!" (snaps his fingers above his head)....ellen's studio audience goes wild with applause. tears flow.

HardtofindPettyItaliangreyhound-size_res

kotex calls his agent after the show.

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, Kevin G said:

I wonder if Miller will play in Europe. 

I would assume he will try and get on with some team in Europe. Might not be the top tier leagues right away but a league that will keep is skills sharp and hopefully one day find his way back to the states.

On 7/24/2023 at 8:18 AM, siouxkid12 said:

Not saying what he did was right but for pete sake it was like 7 years ago! We've all done dumb crap when we were young kids and I am sure everyone last one of us are embarrassed over it but that's life, you learn from your mistakes and make sure they don't happen again. To me the victim's mother is worse at her age than Mitchell was when he tormented that kid.

Agree 100%. This mother needs to let it go. If she keeps targeting him and keeps harassing teams not to sign him, she could end up as a target of a harassment lawsuit. The line between victim and perpetrator can be thinner than we sometimes think.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Agree 100%. This mother needs to let it go. If she keeps targeting him and keeps harassing teams not to sign him, she could end up as a target of a harassment lawsuit. The line between victim and perpetrator can be thinner than we sometimes think.

Maybe if he'd apologized that would have helped.  Or shown an ounce of remorse or contrition.  Sorry but Miller is no victim.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

Maybe if he'd apologized that would have helped.  Or shown an ounce of remorse or contrition.  Sorry but Miller is no victim.

He did apologize and the mother rejected it. The mother will never accept any apology, whether sincere or otherwise. Miller has suffered major consequences for his abhorrent behavior. At what point does it become beating a dead horse? What does the mother really want, Miller to live on the streets the rest of his life? At some point, everyone has to move on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

He has apologized for it many times but the court has also forbid him having any contact with the victim (and I believe his family). So basically Miller is just doing what the court ordered him to do. I know this has to be hard on everyone and no matter what the punishment was going to be, the mother was/is never satisfied. 

• Like 3

On a brighter note, it’s cool when you meet someone who knew a former player really well and he says, “That guy is one of the nicest people I’ve ever known.” That happened to me today. I truly believe that most of those who play for UND are genuinely decent individuals. It’s why I continue to cheer.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The mother's actions are causing further harm to her son by not letting anyone move on. Thanks to her, everyone he ever meets will know what happened to him as a middle schooler, and that he was raised by two vengeful lunatics (recalling the story about his dad being banned from coaching sports).

What did the father do?