SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

I would have said the same thing about David Toews last year, so you never know. If you look at the players coming back and the ones that are coming in not including Knight or Mattson, and you still have good players who will have to watch from the pressbox. I have a feeling practices will be pretty intense.

Are practices open to the public? It would be fun to watch a few of these.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have said the same thing about David Toews last year, so you never know. If you look at the players coming back and the ones that are coming in not including Knight or Mattson, and you still have good players who will have to watch from the pressbox. I have a feeling practices will be pretty intense.

exactly, you never know at all. injuries got david from the very beginning and then again later on. he was p[roductive when he played and i expect him to be in every night next year along with mattson, knight, cichy and kristo if all 4 come in. i see davidson and bruneteau as 2 guys that will fight for a spot along with 1 other if thats how the numbers do stack up

he was productive when he played and i expect him to be in every night next year along with mattson, knight, cichy and kristo if all 4 come in. i see davidson and bruneteau as 2 guys that will fight for a spot along with 1 other if thats how the numbers do stack up

I get excited thinking about those guys playing for the Sioux. Holy Cow we could be pretty damn good.

If Knight and Mattson both come in another forward would have to be out other than Davidson and Bruneteau. With Frattin, Malone, V, Gregoire, Toews, Hextall, Trupp, Kristo, Cichy Knight, Mattson, Zajac and Lamoureux you have 13 forwards, so another one would have to sit. There is a lot of skill and speed there, so I like keeping Lamoureux's grit in the lineup. I would bet a lot of splitting of time early in the year for a few players. Great problem to have.

If Knight and Mattson both come in another forward would have to be out other than Davidson and Bruneteau. With Frattin, Malone, V, Gregoire, Toews, Hextall, Trupp, Kristo, Cichy Knight, Mattson, Zajac and Lamoureux you have 13 forwards, so another one would have to sit. There is a lot of skill and speed there, so I like keeping Lamoureux's grit in the lineup. I would bet a lot of splitting of time early in the year for a few players. Great problem to have.

great problem to have if you have the right players who understand and for sure good problem as there is a injury or 2 per season. like you said as i stated that would leave 1 other player sitting per night that probably is a every night player but somethng will have to give. it woiuld be nice to have just the 2 extra forwards but it seems the sioux will have 3 the ways things are shaking out.

i would look for knight to be back in AJHL next season and if so that leaves mattson,kristo,brunuteau,cichy and forney if he chooses to as the forward crop coming in this fall

Did some research... Knight is staying in the AJHL according to this...

http://www.discoverfoothills.com/index.php...&Itemid=258

The Okotoks Oilers will have sniper Corban Knight back for another year.

The talented forward has been offered a scholarship to the University of North Dakota but they want him to stay here for another year. That's music to the ears of Oilers Coach Dan MacDonald. He says it's really big for the Oilers because Knight's such a great offensive player and brings solid leadership to the team. He says they should do very well with Knight back in the line-up for another year. MacDonald says he talked to the coaches with the Fighting Sioux and they indicated it's better for Knight to stay here and be a star versus being a 3rd or 4th line player with them.

Did some research... Knight is staying in the AJHL according to this...

http://www.discoverfoothills.com/index.php...&Itemid=258

The Okotoks Oilers will have sniper Corban Knight back for another year.

The talented forward has been offered a scholarship to the University of North Dakota but they want him to stay here for another year. That's music to the ears of Oilers Coach Dan MacDonald. He says it's really big for the Oilers because Knight's such a great offensive player and brings solid leadership to the team. He says they should do very well with Knight back in the line-up for another year. MacDonald says he talked to the coaches with the Fighting Sioux and they indicated it's better for Knight to stay here and be a star versus being a 3rd or 4th line player with them.

yup

leaves

mattson, brunuteau, krosto, cichy and forney if he comes back

macwilliam, gleason

dell

Interesting that Mattson is coming in and Knight is coming in next year. I would have thought it would be the other way around.

But that's why the coaching staff gets paid the big bucks...they know much better than us! :D

Maybe they know something we don't about the long run of the situation.

We all want the team to win every single year, but think about it like this. You bring in Mattson now (theoretically giving him an extra year of playing time with us that he would have used in the USHL), and Knight next year. Knight might be more NCAA ready, so give Mattson a year to catch up and put them together in 2010-11 both as forces along with all our other good players coming in.

Maybe they know something we don't about the long run of the situation.

We all want the team to win every single year, but think about it like this. You bring in Mattson now (theoretically giving him an extra year of playing time with us that he would have used in the USHL), and Knight next year. Knight might be more NCAA ready, so give Mattson a year to catch up and put them together in 2010-11 both as forces along with all our other good players coming in.

I dunno I just can't wait till the season begins, no matter how comes in. I am ready.

No, as in I don't know and apparently nobody else does either.....except maybe Forney and the coaches, and they're not talking......yet.

the ball is in forneys court. its his decision from what ive heard and he should be making that decision sometime soon. knight will be back in AJHL next year and mattson will be at UND so forney is the last piece to the puzzle as of now

the ball is in forneys court. its his decision from what ive heard and he should be making that decision sometime soon. knight will be back in AJHL next year and mattson will be at UND so forney is the last piece to the puzzle as of now

So if Forney isn't coming to UND it will be Corbin Knight?

So if Forney isn't coming to UND it will be Corbin Knight?

I don't think so. According to this post from last night he will be going back to Juniors for 1 more year. My guess is that Forney will be coming back to UND. If he doesn't the coaches must have something else in mind or they wouldn't have recommended that Knight stay for another year.

If Mattson will be at UND, why is he participating in Omaha's tryout camp?

I know I speculated otherwise elsewhere, but if both "Knight back to AJHL for 2009-10" and "Mattson trying out in Omaha" are true ... and Hakstol needs five forwards to replace the seniors ...

Cichy, Kristo, Bruneteau, ... Forney? , ... Rowney? ...

Forney is a unique case (1988 DOB).

Bruneteau and Rowney are 1989 DOBs.

This would essentially have the five oldest forward recruits in the pipeline coming this fall.*

* Yes, Mike Fink is one day older than Cichy and Cichy and Rodwell were born on the same day.

I know I speculated otherwise elsewhere, but if both "Knight back to AJHL for 2009-10" and "Mattson trying out in Omaha" are true ... and Hakstol needs five forwards to replace the seniors ...

Cichy, Kristo, Bruneteau, ... Forney? , ... Rowney? ...

Forney is a unique case (1988 DOB).

Bruneteau and Rowney are 1989 DOBs.

This would essentially have the five oldest forward recruits in the pipeline coming this fall.*

* Yes, Mike Fink is one day older than Cichy and Cichy and Rodwell were born on the same day.

As of a month ago (a while ago, i know) it was still up in the air if Rowney is coming in the fall. According to this....

http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/ArticleD....aspx?e=1547585

The list of players who won

I think he was just on the roster because the camp was last weekend and Mattson should've been at the NHL Combine.

I was wondering about that as well... it sounded like it hadn't happened yet, but i did my own research and found out it was last weekend, so it seemed odd to me as well.