Watkins - Trupp - Frattin

Miller - Zajac - Martens

Malone - Toews - Davidson

Gregoire, Hextall, Lamoureux

Genoway - Finley

Marto - Lapointe

Jones - Blood

Fienhage or MacWilliam

I like the first line with VandeVelde and Kozek because they did play on the same line alot last year and of course Duncan. The second line I like the two Soph. playing with the senior Watkins, if Watkins doesn't produce early I think he could get bumped down a line or two. The third line I like Zajac and Martens, not to sure about Miller. I wasn't to impressed with his play last year. The 4th line I do like Malone, I could see him moving up a line. The freshman Toews, Gregoire, Hextall, Lamoureux I could see them getting starts as the season progress and as they develop.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my possible starting roster:

Duncan - VandeVelde - Kozek

Miller - Zajac - Martens

Genoway - Finley

Marto - Lapointe

Jones - Blood

Fienhage or MacWilliam

I like the first line with VandeVelde and Kozek because they did play on the same line alot last year and of course Duncan. The second line I like the two Soph. playing with the senior Watkins, if Watkins doesn't produce early I think he could get bumped down a line or two. The third line I like Zajac and Martens, not to sure about Miller. I wasn't to impressed with his play last year. The 4th line I do like Malone, I could see him moving up a line. The freshman Toews, Gregoire, Hextall, Lamoureux I could see them getting starts as the season progress and as they develop.

I'm guessing there is no way gregoire sits-martens or davidson sits.

Miller - Zajac - Martens

Genoway - Finley

Marto - Lapointe

Jones - Blood

Fienhage or MacWilliam

Gregoire will be on one of the top two lines next year, mark it down. Kid is a stud. The other two freshmen forwards should push any one of the forwards on your 3rd and 4th lines on any given week. Might be some good competition to crack the line up which makes your team better as the year goes on. I don't know if we've had that since the days of Dean Blais where it didn't matter who you were, if you didn't work during the week, you sat on the weekend.

I'm guessing there is no way gregoire sits-martens or davidson sits.

I'm guessing I'll win the lottery 5 times straight before Davidson plays over Gregoire (unless, of course, Gregoire is injured/benched by Hak/suspended/off at the WJC/etc.). Playing a recruited walk on over a scholarshipped player that has accolades up the ying yang is one thing if the schollie'd player isn't performing. Doing so when he's done nothing to warrant it is downright retarded.

Gregoire plays. Period. Davidson may play if Miller or Martens doesn't perform up to snuff.

I think of the aforementioned list, Miller and Davidson will sit with Lamoureaux and Hextall platooning for the slot Miller vacates and Gregoire takes the spot Davidson vacates.

Miller has the most to lose right now as far as playing time is concerned. Martens would normally be the first to be sat, but last season's performance cannot be ignored. Right now, unless Martens takes a step back and Miller takes a step forward, Miller's playing time is in jeopardy.

Miller - Zajac - Martens

Genoway - Finley

Marto - Lapointe

Jones - Blood

Fienhage or MacWilliam

Not to be rude but there is no chance in hell Gregoire is scratched over Davidson or Miller or Martens or Zajac for that matter. I don't know how much you follow hockey but Gregoire is a very good player and college ready. You are wrong on Toews as well he is not a 4th liner. He will likely man a spot on the 2nd line. This team is fine at forward, no problem there at all.

Not to be rude but there is no chance in hell Gregoire is scratched over Davidson or Miller or Martens or Zajac for that matter. I don't know how much you follow hockey but Gregoire is a very good player and college ready. You are wrong on Toews as well he is not a 4th liner. He will likely man a spot on the 2nd line. This team is fine at forward, no problem there at all.

I have to agree with you when I saw those lines I got a chuckle, Davidson, Miller and Martens are not going to be playing over Gregoier and Toews, Personally I don't hink Hextall is going to be sitting in the stands instead of Davidson either. Toews isn't going to be a fourth liner probably a first or second liner in MHO.

I have to agree with you when I saw those lines I got a chuckle, Davidson, Miller and Martens are not going to be playing over Gregoier and Toews, Personally I don't hink Hextall is going to be sitting in the stands instead of Davidson either. Toews isn't going to be a fourth liner probably a first or second liner in MHO.

The "problem" I see is where to put them?

Frattin would do better, imo, on a scoring line. Watkins could go back to a checking line but he's spent a good deal of time on the 2nd line. Gregoire and Toews are 1st or 2nd line players. Kozek needs to be on a scoring line. Duncan and VV are locks for 1st and 2nd line. So.. The two slots that seem the most fluid are Watkins and Frattin. If you do take Frattin out, where do you put him? He's not a checker really. He's a scoring forward.

We also have a "problem" at grinder/checker. Zajac is a lock. I would also argue that Malone, if he shows ANY improvement at all, will be a lock as well. Hextall is a project, but he's got skills otherwise he wouldn't have gotten drafted at all. Mario has skills too and he has leadership abilities (He wore a letter in juniors).

Playing time is going to be at a premium. We are deep at forward even if we may not be deep in blue chippers at forward.

The "problem" I see is where to put them?

Frattin would do better, imo, on a scoring line. Watkins could go back to a checking line but he's spent a good deal of time on the 2nd line. Gregoire and Toews are 1st or 2nd line players. Kozek needs to be on a scoring line. Duncan and VV are locks for 1st and 2nd line. So.. The two slots that seem the most fluid are Watkins and Frattin. If you do take Frattin out, where do you put him? He's not a checker really. He's a scoring forward.

We also have a "problem" at grinder/checker. Zajac is a lock. I would also argue that Malone, if he shows ANY improvement at all, will be a lock as well. Hextall is a project, but he's got skills otherwise he wouldn't have gotten drafted at all. Mario has skills too and he has leadership abilities (He wore a letter in juniors).

Playing time is going to be at a premium. We are deep at forward even if we may not be deep in blue chippers at forward.

Where do you have Trupp at?

Where do you have Trupp at?

Sitting in the stands with Davidson? ;)

The Sioux are going to be really deep at forward this year. Not alot of huge goal scorers (outside of Duncs and Kozek), but many players that are capable of putting up 10 goals each or so. It is a good "problem" to have.

We shouldn't have any problem putting out three solid scoring lines and one checking line that can also put in some goals.

Sitting in the stands with Davidson? ;)

The Sioux are going to be really deep at forward this year. Not alot of huge goal scorers (outside of Duncs and Kozek), but many players that are capable of putting up 10 goals each or so. It is a good "problem" to have.

We shouldn't have any problem putting out three solid scoring lines and one checking line that can also put in some goals.

U don't think Trupp could put up 10 goals in a season, who put up 8 goals in 32 games. mmmm....

Update starting line up.

Gregoire - Toews - Miller

Malone - Zajac - Martens

Hextall, Lamourex, Davidson

I have never seen any of rookies play before. I know the stat sheet looks pretty impressive for them, but so does everyone elses before they make it here, usually. I'm not sure what's the difference in quality of play from the USHL to the canadian leagues. If any one could let me know I would appreciate the info?

This year will be pretty competitive for some of these players to get starts, which is a good thing. It's going to be fun to watch.

Duncan - VV - Kozek

Gregoire - Trupp - Frattin

Watkins - Toews - Miller

Malone - Zajac - Martens

If Gregoire meets expectations early, I can see him playing up on 1. There will not be much of a fall-off this year from line 1 to line 2.

I still miss Spirko.

U don't think Trupp could put up 10 goals in a season, who put up 8 goals in 32 games. mmmm....

I think Trupp could put up 10 goals in a season. He could put up 15 or maybe more.

I forgot about Trupp.

The fact that Trupp was being shuffled around at times and injured probably affected last season's totals. Did it mention somewhere that he was a freshman? Hmmm....

In any case, I don't know where I'd put Trupp. He's not afraid to grind it out. He has a definite offensive upside. The problem is, he might not have a spot in the first two lines because there may not be room for him there.

It would be interesting to see a 3rd scoring line of Toews, Trupp, and Frattin.

I don't envy Hak right now. Line combos are going to be tricky next season.

putting Duncan on a line with VV and Kozak would be a mistake.

Kozak is a shoot first, shoot second, shoot third and vv is not far behind. The problem with the team last year is there was no skill at setting up guys like Duncan.

Lets's see if Gregoire or Trupp or Toews can move the puck in close with some touch before we sell out Duncan to a line of blasters!

a line with Freshmen and a hobey senior is unorthodox but given the lack of touch playmaking prowless on our team last year outside of Dunc and Oshie I would say it is the best move.

putting Duncan on a line with VV and Kozak would be a mistake.

Kozak is a shoot first, shoot second, shoot third and vv is not far behind. The problem with the team last year is there was no skill at setting up guys like Duncan.

Lets's see if Gregoire or Trupp or Toews can move the puck in close with some touch before we sell out Duncan to a line of blasters!

a line with Freshmen and a hobey senior is unorthodox but given the lack of touch playmaking prowless on our team last year outside of Dunc and Oshie I would say it is the best move.

I think you're right that Kozek will not get many assists. But VV can be a very good setup man, I think. There are certainly plenty of options on this team, particularly if Gregoire and Toews prove to be as good as we hope.

Trupp better not be in the stands.

I was joking. :)

I see Trupp having a big year for the Sioux next year. I think this is going to be a fun team to watch. They certainly have loads of offensive talent.

Miller - Zajac - Martens

Genoway - Finley

Marto - Lapointe

Jones - Blood

Fienhage or MacWilliam

1. It's official - Feinhage is coming, not MW

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=28803

2. Frattin needs to earn his top 6 position - he was brought in as a scorer and he needs more than 4 next year to keep himself in the lineup.

1. It's official - Feinhage is coming, not MW

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=28803

2. Frattin needs to earn his top 6 position - he was brought in as a scorer and he needs more than 4 next year to keep himself in the lineup.

Just to say, that link has been up since page 2 of the thread. Brad posted that on the 17th of this month. Frattin does need to earn his spot next year, though i think he is up to the challenge.