SiouxSports.com Forum

2008-2009 Sioux Hockey Roster

Chuck Schwartz

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone must know Malone's status in GF by now. Halifax released that practice roster over two weeks ago.

Nothing has come up either as far as rumors go or as news in the Grand Forks Area.

I haven't heard anything this summer, ussually you hear bits and pieces of stuff but nothing?

This has been one of the slowest summers as far as new goes. Hoever, it has gotten more busy

as of late. I find it funny that if this list has been out for two years why hasn't anything come out.

Then you have Cichy internview that stated he was definately going the college route.

Nothing has come up either as far as rumors go or as news in the Grand Forks Area.

I haven't heard anything this summer, ussually you hear bits and pieces of stuff but nothing?

This has been one of the slowest summers as far as new goes. Hoever, it has gotten more busy

as of late. I find it funny that if this list has been out for two weeks why hasn't anything come out.

Then you have Cichy internview that stated he was definately going the college route.

The coaching staff certainly must know that Malone is gone by now and this is probably the explanation for Fienhage coming in as well this coming season. I guess this means that Genoway will pretty much be a winger this coming season. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

They are both listed on the Mooseheads training camp roster. Be another big hit for Sioux and I hope it doesn't continue.

UND will continue to get top recruits I wouldn't look into to far. Can't get them all and the MJ has been in competition for the top recruits with the NCAA for a long time.

UND will continue to get top recruits I wouldn't look into to far. Can't get them all and the MJ has been in competition for the top recruits with the NCAA for a long time.

That is very true. Just hate when they commit and filling up a spot to just turn around and say Major's here we come. Have you heard of any other kids that are hot on the radar.

I'm guessing that Malone isn't going anywhere. Per Schlossman's Q&A with Cichy, it sounds like Halifax likes to put rookies on their training camp roster even if they have no intention of being at the camp (or going to the team).

Plus, that roster has been available for a couple weeks already. If Malone had left the team for the QMJHL, I'm guessing that we would have heard about it "officially" by now.

:silly:

http://ckdr.net/sports/index.php#0000012674

Former Dryden Ice Dog goalie Graheme Harrington has accepted a scholarship with the University of North Dakota and will play for the Fighting Sioux.

Dogs Coach Randy Lulashnick says Harrington deserves the opportunity given his work ethic on and off the ice.

Dryden's Darcy Mitani, who has made it big playing Pro and International hockey in Japan is a graduate of UND.

Jason Blake and Jonathen Toews are two high profile NHL stars who graduated from the program.

A couple of things. Walski isn't so young any more, though most of us expect Eidsness will be the primary goalie. You never know, though. Hard to argue with Walski's stat line...

As for Eidsness, I have high hopes like many others. However, I hope we are realistic. There have been many comments on this board about "if" Eidsness can come in and play like Bachman or Kangas. I don't know how often that happens as a freshman. It would be great but hopefully we're not expecting too much of the young man in his first year.

As for Harrington, I'm guessing he's been made pretty clear that his chances are not great of playing all that much, but at the same time like any position on the team, you can practice your way into the lineup.

I think you are in the wrong league, is that the Saskatewan Junior Hockey League?

Easy confusion. From Schlossman's blog:

Graeme Harrington, a Saskatchewan native who played in the SIJHL, is a strong candidate to be added to the roster, but it's not a done deal yet.

He is from Saskatchewan, but played in the SIJHL (not the SJHL) so the above link is correct.

I know the Sioux have lost some big-time scorers from previous years, but I really like the forwards we have coming this year. If Gregoire and Toews master the learing curve by the second half, it could be an exciting team to watch. It will be nice to have Trupp back.

I know the Sioux have lost some big-time scorers from previous years, but I really like the forwards we have coming this year. If Gregoire and Toews master the learing curve by the second half, it could be an exciting team to watch. It will be nice to have Trupp back.

I like the forwards we have coming in and returning plus a very nice mixture of upperclassmen vs. underclassmen

The SIJHL is the Superior International Junior Hockey League and is comprised of the following teams: Dryden, Fort Frances, Fort William, Marathon, Schreiber, and the Thunder Bay Bearcats as well as the Thunder Bay Bulldogs.

Interesting. I missed the "I." In any case, this only raises the question further: How good is this league? I go from citing a league I know a little but not much about to a league I've never heard of.

It's like saying the AtJHL is an exciting league full of great players. Or perhaps the MnJHL? or the MWJHL?

Or the GLJHL (or whatever it is).

Maybe this guy is good. Maybe this guy was good in his league. Who knows.