SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over there the Halos are back to calling UND a bunch of hacks and goons. The WCHA blogger leading the way.

I thought we were the Halos?

I don't let GPL-ers bother me that much. Good or bad season, the Gophers play a finesse game. Finesse games can be fun to watch, especially if they are playing another finesse team. UND has finessers, but they are mainly a physical team that employs somewhat of a run and gun offense. The best way to beat a finesse team is to simply not allow them to use finesse. We beat the Gophers by beating them up. When you are used to a finesse style of play and you end up playing a mucker and grinder game style, it can get frustrating to watch.

I figure watching UND and UMN play for Gopher fans is a lot like how we feel watching UND play UW....but at least we do more than the trap.

I thought we were the Halos?

I don't let GPL-ers bother me that much. Good or bad season, the Gophers play a finesse game. Finesse games can be fun to watch, especially if they are playing another finesse team. UND has finessers, but they are mainly a physical team that employs somewhat of a run and gun offense. The best way to beat a finesse team is to simply not allow them to use finesse. We beat the Gophers by beating them up. When you are used to a finesse style of play and you end up playing a mucker and grinder game style, it can get frustrating to watch.

I figure watching UND and UMN play for Gopher fans is a lot like how we feel watching UND play UW....but at least we do more than the trap.

Rube cred, what I like is that the FSN RM annoucers were fun to listen to last night, they didn't pile on the Sioux like the boobs from FSN-N in MPLS.

Rube cred, what I like is that the FSN RM annoucers were fun to listen to last night, they didn't pile on the Sioux like the boobs from FSN-N in MPLS.

Very true! I was pleasantly surprised by the way the Sioux came out and controlled game 2 last night from start to finish. Its been fun reading everyones posts.

Well they just fired up the engines for the 500 so im out for now.

Mannino is constantly being heralded as one of the top goalies in the WCHA and nation. He looked horrible this weekend.

Is all of that stretching during stoppages his normal routine? He almost seemed slow or "off". I got the feeling watching him that he was battling a cold or flu. He didn't seem "right".

I aplogize if this has been discussed already but anyone know why mannino wasn't tossed for fighting after he threw a puch at finley?

It's called the "Peltier rule". You can take a full-fledged punch at anyone in a Sioux jersey, and more than one if he's smaller than you, without penalty.

McLeod and Shepherd can justify ... uh, I mean explain it.

Funny Moment #2 - In the post game wrap up on 96.1, they were talking about the weekend that Kozek had. And they topped it off by saying it would be a complete weekend if he had a girl to take home tonight.

Careful, I think I might know her and her parents ....

It's called the "Peltier rule". You can take a full-fledged punch at anyone in a Sioux jersey, and more than one if he's smaller than you, without penalty.

McLeod and Shepherd can justify ... uh, I mean explain it.

Strict enforcement of the no punches thrown rule would have meant that we would have missed out on a real good fight last night.

Is all of that stretching during stoppages his normal routine? He almost seemed slow or "off". I got the feeling watching him that he was battling a cold or flu. He didn't seem "right".

I would agree with you. He also was constantly drinking out of the water bottle (way more than any other goalie I have seen). It did seem that he was always stretching, drinking, or clearing his head at every opportunity.

I would agree with you. He also was constantly drinking out of the water bottle (way more than any other goalie I have seen). It did seem that he was always stretching, drinking, or clearing his head at every opportunity.

I still think it was me yelling hateful sayings to Mr. Peter before each game. :lol:

He was way out of position on so many occassions, if it wasn't for some unlucky bounces and decent defense by DU at times, we could have run of the score pretty big. A goalie like Peter is still a really good goalie. You have to think that after he STONED us in 2005.

I have 1 observation I wanted to comment on and see others views was the fact that on Saturday, Duncan looked totally un-inspired. Watching Oshie and Kozek hustling around digging for pucks, then seeing Duncan just basically standing in 1 place, not really even moving to get into a position to score.

One of the guys behind me during the game made a statement that Duncan has had a few to many beers and seems to be showing the effects. He compared Duncan to Trupp and that the way Trupp is playing was how Duncan "used" to play. He just doesn't seem to have the speed and killer instinct at this point in the season that he had in the last 2 years.

Just wondering if I'm reading too much into it, or maybe he has an injury that we are unaware of?

I have 1 observation I wanted to comment on and see others views was the fact that on Saturday, Duncan looked totally un-inspired. Watching Oshie and Kozek hustling around digging for pucks, then seeing Duncan just basically standing in 1 place, not really even moving to get into a position to score.

One of the guys behind me during the game made a statement that Duncan has had a few to many beers and seems to be showing the effects. He compared Duncan to Trupp and that the way Trupp is playing was how Duncan "used" to play. He just doesn't seem to have the speed and killer instinct at this point in the season that he had in the last 2 years.

Just wondering if I'm reading too much into it, or maybe he has an injury that we are unaware of?

i think its reading too much into a non situation. duncan is doing just fine, hes our top scoring player on the team and this line with he, osh and kozek are great together. oshie and kozek play a pretty crazy game out there the way they hit and finish every check and thats not duncans game and has never been his game so it may look that way when comparing his style to the bash brothers out there :lol:

Just for the record Duncan had 4 points this weekend.

That isn't too bad...

For one thing, Duncan took a pounding in the last minute of Friday nights game when he took the puck into the wall in the Denver zone and kept it away from three or four of their players. He went down on his knees and was being viciously cross-checked while Marco "Freeman" Hunt stood there and watched. I would be very surprised if he wasn't black and blue and very sore on Saturday night.