SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

Miami is a cupcake anyways. They have a good goaltender and maybe one scorer who may make UND's second line if he was here... Miami is nothing special.

Michigan is the only team in the CCHA that is remotely competitive.

True that, just a matter of time before reality set in for Miami. Michigan and maybe Mich St are the only CCHA teams worth mentioning this year.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, it's time for my Cary Eades story. Way back in the day (Summer of 1987 to be exact), I'm working as a Camp Assistant (glorified babysitter) for UND and it's summer hockey camp time at UND. Kids move into the dorms and stay there while they attend the camp. Everyone is told upfront that if they do something like drink alcohol they'll be immediately removed from the dorms. Of course, it's the coaches that get the call if one of their campers screws up. So, as is predictable with high school kids, a few decide to test the rules and do a little drinking. Well, a little would be an understatement actually. A couple of them get so drunk that they're making a scene and puking all over the place. And you guessed it, who gets the call to come and pick up the little drunks? -- none other than Cary Eades. He was pissed. He pulls up in his vehicle, reads his campers the riot act, orders them into his car and speeds off -- presumably to his home and family where the house had some unexpected extra guests that evening. It really was quite amusing. When the kids are from Canada, there was no other place to exhile the campers to except to a coach's house. Apparently Gino Gasporini wasn't aswering his phone that night. :lol:

So, now that Cary Eades has a couple of Sioux victories under his belt, I can now say that I've had a brush with greatness.

Okay, it's time for my Cary Eades story. Way back in the day (Summer of 1987 to be exact), I'm working as a Camp Assistant (glorified babysitter) for UND and it's summer hockey camp time at UND. Kids move into the dorms and stay there while they attend the camp. Everyone is told upfront that if they do something like drink alcohol they'll be immediately removed from the dorms. Of course, it's the coaches that get the call if one of their campers screws up. So, as is predictable with high school kids, a few decide to test the rules and do a little drinking. Well, a little would be an understatement actually. A couple of them get so drunk that they're making a scene and puking all over the place. And you guessed it, who gets the call to come and pick up the little drunks? -- none other than Cary Eades. He was pissed. He pulls up in his vehicle, reads his campers the riot act, orders them into his car and speeds off -- presumably to his home and family where the house had some unexpected extra guests that evening. It really was quite amusing. When the kids are from Canada, there was no other place to exhile the campers to except to a coach's house. Apparently Gino Gasporini wasn't aswering his phone that night. :lol:

So, now that Cary Eades has a couple of Sioux victories under his belt, I can now say that I've had a brush with greatness.

Highest winning percentage in UND history... ;)

Oshie wins the faceoff forward, shovels it left and Aaron Marvin puts it in.

I was wondering if anyone else saw the remarkable resemblance to a certain high school hockey game. Nice catch jk.

I forget, was that the championship game? This looked exactly like that. And if I recall correctly, wasn't the game against Brian Lee and Chris VandeVelde's Moorhead Spuds?

did a quick glance and didn't see if it was posted (and haven't read the whole thread yet). On the post game show Hennesey was talking about a Denver player requiring stitches. I'm guessing that's who Radke fought? Was that the same player he tried fighting before when the linesman broke it up?

I had a chat with Mr. Eades in the Antique in the summer of1986. He said they had a goalie coming in the next year who should be really good. Seriously.

Now that I like. Eades: "Yeah, he might even be good enough to play in the NHL some day." :lol: "Oh, and did I mention, we have this Hrkac guy coming back from the Olympic team. I'm told he's improved a lot. Who knows, maybe we could make some noise next year." ;)

did a quick glance and didn't see if it was posted (and haven't read the whole thread yet). On the post game show Hennesey was talking about a Denver player requiring stitches. I'm guessing that's who Radke fought? Was that the same player he tried fighting before when the linesman broke it up?

yeah, i think he ended up with 5 stitches

i think that was testwuide before. it may have been a different player and yes he busted his eye area up with some blood

UAA/SCSU LIVE STATS

Radke fought two players.

The first was JP Testuide, which was broken up before anything could happen.

The second was Vossberg. Radke got him with three big punches (at least). I'm thinking this was the guy who got stitches.

I'm also going to guess that Radke will get more than 1 game. I don't know how I know, just a hunch.

yeah, i think he ended up with 5 stitches

Not the same guy he was going at it with origionally. Vossberg (sp?) was the guy Radke pummeled at the end of the 2nd, Testweed was the guy he dropped the gloves with earlier before the linesmen prematurely jumped in.

Radke fought two players.

The first was JP Testuide, which was broken up before anything could happen.

The second was Vossberg. Radke got him with three big punches (at least). I'm thinking this was the guy who got stitches.

I'm also going to guess that Radke will get more than 1 game. I don't know how I know, just a hunch.

why more than a game? the first fight never happened and if the refs would have let it happen the 2nd one would have never happened. the period was over and it was a fight but i understand they didnt want it to go on for some reason. theres no way he should get more than a game suspension as its his first fight of the year. i know you arent saying he should get 2......but i guess ya never know

why more than a game? the first fight never happened and if the refs would have let it happen the 2nd one would have never happened. the period was over and it was a fight but i understand they didnt want it to go on for some reason. theres no way he should get more than a game suspension as its his first fight of the year.

My reasoning is two fold:

1. This is the second series in a row in which the Sioux have gotten into an altercation such as this. Shepherd and McLeod (TweedleDeeDum and TweedleDum respectively) may wish to send a message to the Sioux.

2. I didn't see the fight, but the radio guys were commenting on how Radke was still punching Vossberg while Vossberg was on the ice and defenseless. If that's the case, then the league could penalize Radke more.