SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is becoming painfully obvious to the other teams in the WCHA that not only is UND the most talanted team in the league but they are also the most intimidating. It pains the other coaches in this league to know that they can't compete with us on the ice and to top it off their team cannot match us physically and are in fact are intimidated by our boys. They know they can't stop us on the ice so the only alternative is to wine to the league office in hopes of disrupting what the Sioux have going. It is there only chance and they know it. It reminds me of the early 80's when the Sioux could beat you any way you want. Buckle up its going to be a great ride to the Frozen Four championship!

This whole thing makes me very tired.

I am tired of the WCHA using video review to assess penalties.

I am tired of the clutch-and-grab play that has been adopted by so many teams to defend skilled teams like UND.

I'm tired of all of us whining about the (lack of) quality of WCHA officiating.

I'm tired of Nancy Gwozdecky (and others like Mazzocco) constantly whining about the Sioux gooning up college hockey.

I hereby propose that

du_gwozdecky.jpg

GWOZ'S 3 CODE OF CONDUCT RULES - get it free now because this special offer wont last long. call now and recieve a FREE dasher dancing video and not only that, if you call in the next 30 seconds you will also get a FREE pink replica tie like the ones gwoz wears!

call now - 1-800-CON-DUCT

#1 CODE OF CONDUCT - DO NOT HIT A PLAYER WHILE HES ON THE GROUND DURING A FIGHT, IN NO FORM OR FASHION EVER!

CLICK HERE FOR EXAMPLE FOLKS

#2 CODE OF CONDUCT - DO NOT EVER BE THE THIRD MAN IN DURING A FIGHT, EVER!

during 2nd intermission interview gwoz expresses how hes upset his team didnt stick up or help other players - vosberg im guessing :lol:

#3 CODE OF CONDUCT - NEVER FIGHT WITH YOUR HELMET ON ESPECIALLY WITH A FULL CAGE

first half of fight vosberg is throwing punches with a full cage then radkes gets it off. radkes got taken off and bottom line it was off. he proved earlier he understood what happens in a fight as he dropped his helmet right away vs testwuide.

HURRY FOLKS, GET YOURS NOW BEFORE I CALL THE WCHA OFFICE AND MAKE YOU GET A COPY

my respect for you is now renewed mike (i know you have been anxiously waiting :lol: ) i'm with you 100%. if the officiating crews are going to let this s@#t go, then it gets settled by the teams. the rest of the wcha is just pissed because not only do the sioux beat you on the scoreboard, we stick up for teammates and beat you physically if it comes to it. i couldn't care less if nancy gwozdecky or the rest of the wcha call us goons, we play to win, and right now, this is how it is done. im all for a more free flowing game where the skilled players can show their skill, it sucks we have to wait until the nhl to really see what parise, toews, osh, etc. can do... thanks again wcha officiating!

my respect for you is now renewed mike (i know you have been anxiously waiting :lol: ) i'm with you 100%. if the officiating crews are going to let this s@#t go, then it gets settled by the teams. the rest of the wcha is just pissed because not only do the sioux beat you on the scoreboard, we stick up for teammates and beat you physically if it comes to it. i couldn't care less if nancy gwozdecky or the rest of the wcha call us goons, we play to win, and right now, this is how it is done. im all for a more free flowing game where the skilled players can show their skill, it sucks we have to wait until the nhl to really see what parise, toews, osh, etc. can do... thanks again wcha officiating!

exactly, if the refs are gona let it get to these points then thats their problem. fix it or shut up about it

Something special is building for the Sioux this year. I can't tell if they are going to go out and win the NC their way, or if they are going to go out like the '92 Badgers.

Either way it's going to be pretty entertaining.

Whats the story on the '92 Badgers?, I would have been 8 years old. More into playing with trucks and tractors than college hockey at the time. :lol:

It is becoming painfully obvious to the other teams in the WCHA that not only is UND the most talanted team in the league but they are also the most intimidating. It pains the other coaches in this league to know that they can't compete with us on the ice and to top it off their team cannot match us physically and are in fact are intimidated by our boys. They know they can't stop us on the ice so the only alternative is to wine to the league office in hopes of disrupting what the Sioux have going. It is there only chance and they know it. It reminds me of the early 80's when the Sioux could beat you any way you want. Buckle up its going to be a great ride to the Frozen Four championship!

I think you are half right - the Sioux are the most talented team in the league (ironically, this year's squad is one of the least intimidating in years). Because the rest of the league is so talent-less, they are forced to hook/hold/slash to try to stop us. Because the league officials won't crack down on the above, at some point in the game/series the monkey business starts. We don't start it - we know how to finish it.

This is how fignting actually makes the game better - players would think twice about the extra slash/jab if they knew they might have to back it up with a fight. They might not be so brave - it's easy to hide behind the facemask now, right Gophers/Badgers/Pioneers/Mavericks.

I think the intimidation factor is a big part of UND's game, it starts with three coaches that definitely were enforcers....THE ONLY thing i dont like to see and UND is as guilty as every team is the after the whistle stuff. Fights and scruffs happen all the time in the NHL but what you dont see is the after whistle CONSISTENT stuff. it wastes energy for everyone, skate and hit hard during the play and rest up once you hear the whistle

Whats the story on the '92 Badgers?, I would have been 8 years old. More into playing with trucks and tractors than college hockey at the time. :lol:

Biggest meltdown ever. I believe their position in the tourney was vacated. They too kicked a lot of @$$. It was all the refs fault.

So we've got MN and Denver fans/coaches/players complaining about the behavior of the Sioux and here they were last year involved in a pretty good fight themselves. I don' think the Sioux were even in the state at the time...

Hmmm....seems like everybody gets involved in this stuff after all.

I'm not complaining about your boys this weekend. I was just worried about that Denver kid and wondering why his buddies let Radke continue to hit him. :lol:

They Sioux are exciting to watch (which is nice given the team I cheer) and you can pretty much bet that someone is going to go off at least once a weekend.

It will be interesting the weekend of the 1st round WCHA playoffs if Hakstol can keep the boys in check. Whoever travels to Grand Forks is going to be losing and willing to start **** all night Saturday. Will the Sioux have the discipline to walk away? Or will it be on?

I'm not complaining about your boys this weekend. I was just worried about that Denver kid and wondering why his buddies let Radke continue to hit him. :lol:

They Sioux are exciting to watch (which is nice given the team I cheer) and you can pretty much bet that someone is going to go off at least once a weekend.

It will be interesting the weekend of the 1st round WCHA playoffs if Hakstol can keep the boys in check. Whoever travels to Grand Forks is going to be losing and willing to start **** all night Saturday. Will the Sioux have the discipline to walk away? Or will it be on?

I'm not sure that will be the case.

The big time scrappers are Radke, Kaip, and Malone (is turning into one anyways). All three have had DQs assessed against them. So, unless Jones (whose mean streak has REALLY cooled off), Finley (whom I'm one of a few who think losing Finley for a game would be detrimental), or someone else (Davidson?) drops the gloves, I don't think there will be much fighting anymore.

We all know how much discipline Hakstol has after the Bina hit. Greene was out on the ice when it happened and Hak had Greene so under control that Paukovich wasn't touched the remainder of the game. We all know how much discipline Kaip has after last season where he allowed himself to get mauled by another player because Hak wouldn't allow him to go after fighting a UAA player.

The only wild card is Radke because he plays with so much emotion. I am optimistic though. He has been playing a LOT better as of late.

it's all fun and games until march 14th and then the boys will put the restraints on.

Well this weekend wasn't too bad the good news was the FIGHTING SIOUX SWEEP DENVER the bad news was Jimmie Johnson in the number 48 car stunk up Daytona. Oh well that's life no need to worry ole Jimmie hopefully will win the NASCAR championship at the end of the year. GO SIOUX SWEEP BSU.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

To me, the bottom line in all of this is that the WCHA has to get control of all of the chippy stuff that takes place before the whistle blows. If I'm the Sioux coaches, and my skill guys are getting hacked, hooked, poked and mauled the entire game without a call, I'm going to tell my other team member to back them up. If you want to call that intimidation, go ahead, but to me it's the best alternative available if my best players are getting beat up behind the play and out of the view of the officials. Clean up the game before the whistle and there is no reason to retaliate. There is a reason that NHL teams have goons -- to put that doubt in the back of the minds of opposing players who are going to take cheap shots and think they're going to get away with it. It goes both ways, and you have to be prepared to bring it if you think you're going to get away with the dirty stuff during play.

I think it is laughable that everyone thinks this team is so physical. They may outphysical many teams, but this team is a shadow of the Mean Greene machine three years ago that went to the east regional and beat up BU and BC. That was a physical team.

Plain and simple, Oshie is an animal out there (in a good sense) with his hustle and tenacity. There isn't a team in the WCHA that can handle it. I don't know if I can recall Oshie coming out on the short end of a check, no matter which side threw it. Now you throw in a few other guys who play hard and physical, with skill and tenacity, and the other teams get frustrated. Things get started and escalate. But lets be clear about this. This team is smaller than the one three years ago and doesn't come close to clearing out the front of the net like Greene, Smaby, Jones, Chorney, et al did.

This issue is plain and simple that other teams cannot match up to the Sioux when the Sioux play their game cleanly, and thus it degrades as the other team needs to resort to other means to be able to compete. Yes, there are Sioux players at times who have taken things too far initially and been the cause. Early in the season Radke was a prime example. But many many times it is the other team that starts it, the refs don't call it, and eventually someone has to take "corrective" action.

I just wish the WCHA and everyone else that is beefing about the Sioux would take time to see the games in their entirety and see what is taking place that is leading up to these "incidents."