SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After checking out Radke's fight, I checked out his stats on the UND site. He's a big boy. 6 feet, 212 lbs. Very solid. Can't say that I'd want to get anywhere close to tangling with him. This is just a guess, but something tells me DU leaves him feeling a little cranky.

How did that fight between periods start? I just caught it when Radke was fighting the Denver player who still had his helmet on. Did Kyle go dog him or did the guy just punk it keeping the lid on?

According to the radio guys, the fight started really when Manino punched Finley but I actually think the altercation started a lot like the way the Zajac altercation at Minnesota started.

Finley "bumped" into Rakshani and Manino took exception, left hooked Finley and then all hell broke loose.

My reasoning is two fold:

1. This is the second series in a row in which the Sioux have gotten into an altercation such as this. Shepherd and McLeod (TweedleDeeDum and TweedleDum respectively) may wish to send a message to the Sioux.

2. I didn't see the fight, but the radio guys were commenting on how Radke was still punching Vossberg while Vossberg was on the ice and defenseless. If that's the case, then the league could penalize Radke more.

he wasnt defenseless, he was being manhandled by radke. he sholdnt have dropped them in that case. i dont see 2 games. it would be a joke if so. he fought, he kicked his butt and thats a 1 game suspension by the books. same for the du player, 1 game

I was wondering if anyone else saw the remarkable resemblance to a certain high school hockey game. Nice catch jk.

I forget, was that the championship game? This looked exactly like that. And if I recall correctly, wasn't the game against Brian Lee and Chris VandeVelde's Moorhead Spuds?

It was in the second OT in the Class A state title game, against Totino Grace.

Radke fought two players.

The first was JP Testuide, which was broken up before anything could happen.

The second was Vossberg. Radke got him with three big punches (at least). I'm thinking this was the guy who got stitches.

I'm also going to guess that Radke will get more than 1 game. I don't know how I know, just a hunch.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the Sioux coaches saw who was on the schedule next and Radke had a "get out of jail free" card issued before the game. He wasn't going to pass that up.

why more than a game? the first fight never happened and if the refs would have let it happen the 2nd one would have never happened. the period was over and it was a fight but i understand they didnt want it to go on for some reason. theres no way he should get more than a game suspension as its his first fight of the year. i know you arent saying he should get 2......but i guess ya never know

It will be intersting to see what comes of this since Radke was currently serving his 14 minutes in penaltys from earlier in the period. However there sure seemed to be alot of Denver players on the ice for this! or is it just me

he wasnt defenseless, he was being manhandled by radke. he sholdnt have dropped them in that case. i dont see 2 games. it would be a joke if so. he fought, he kicked his butt and thats a 1 game suspension by the books. same for the du player, 1 game

I just went with what the radio guys said. Radke was on top of Vossberg and there wasn't an AR or Hunt stopping the pummelling. The radio guys felt that Radke should have backed down.

I agree with you, AZSioux, but TweedleDum and TweedleDeDum may do something about it.

According to the radio guys, the fight started really when Manino punched Finley but I actually think the altercation started a lot like the way the Zajac altercation at Minnesota started.

Finley "bumped" into Rakshani and Manino took exception, left hooked Finley and then all hell broke loose.

Earlier you said you didn't even see the game, that you heard it on the radio, but now you are trying to tell us how the fight really happened......nice

Earlier you said you didn't even see the game, that you heard it on the radio, but now you are trying to tell us how the fight really happened......nice

Did you read my post before you got all excited because you got to jump all over me?

Let me repeat myself: ACCORDING TO THE RADIO GUYS...

I don't know what happened before Finley bumped into Rakshani but that's where it all started.

Please, I'm not always right but at least read what I say before jumping on me for part of it. :lol:

As for the game, this has to be their best effort of the season. It was men against boys pretty much all night long. I was a little worried with five minutes left when DU started getting a little energy. It would have been a shame to have this game slip away after the tremendous effort they put into it. Lost in all the glory passed around this weekend was Kaip with a pipe each night. His move tonight might have been second only to Oshie's Friday wrap as the top play of the weekend.

As for the game, this has to be their best effort of the season. It was men against boys pretty much all night long. I was a little worried with five minutes left when DU started getting a little energy. It would have been a shame to have this game slip away after the tremendous effort they put into it. Lost in all the glory passed around this weekend was Kaip with a pipe each night. His move tonight might have been second only to Oshie's Friday wrap as the top play of the weekend.

I thought the same thing about Kapier tonite, his whole line worked there butts off this weekend.

WCHA currenty has 7 teams in the top 14. And we're a weaker conference than the CCHA?

That's for sure, we're no Cup Cake Hockey Association by any stretch of the imagination.

I liked that Freeman guy from last night. This Hunt tonight was reffing for two things, a split and a brawl. I hope that Mrs. Vossberg beats up Marco for the damage to her sons face.

Did you read my post before you got all excited because you got to jump all over me?

Let me repeat myself: ACCORDING TO THE RADIO GUYS...

I don't know what happened before Finley bumped into Rakshani but that's where it all started.

Please, I'm not always right but at least read what I say before jumping on me for part of it. :lol:

I didn't see it at the game, and it's not on the Rocky Mountain broadcast. To add to Redwing's account Tim Hennesey said Kyle Radke asked him because he was already walking off into the locker room.

I have a sneaky suspicion that the Sioux coaches saw who was on the schedule next and Radke had a "get out of jail free" card issued before the game. He wasn't going to pass that up.

I'm kinda thinking that Radke had the green light for this weekend if things needed to be settled down. Who's up next? Malone, Davidson or Jones?

I didn't see it at the game, and it's not on the Rocky Mountain broadcast. To add to Redwing's account Tim Hennesey said Kyle Radke asked him because he was already walking off into the locker room.

Watched the replay, and I agree with Redwing that Radke could very well get an extra game, because he was already enterring the locker room and then raced back onto the ice to fight.

That's for sure, we're no Cup Cake Hockey Association by any stretch of the imagination.

I liked that Freeman guy from last night. This Hunt tonight was reffing for two things, a split and a brawl. I hope that Mrs. Vossberg beats up Marco for the damage to her sons face.

Um, it was the same head ref......Hunt's clothes got lost and he had to borrow the ar's shirt last night.

As for the fights, I didn't see what started it all I saw was Phil whip around and then i turned in time to see Mannio hit Joe (good shot by him since there is like a 6 inch difference between them) and then Kyle comes running from the tunnel. I don't think Eades knows what happened either unless the guys told him as he had to come from the tunnel to stop them.

It was Hunt last night too, but wearing Freeman's jersey because of an equipment fiasco

I'm kinda thinking that Radke had the green light for this weekend if things needed to be settled down. Who's up next? Malone, Davidson or Jones?

Malone was very fiesty in this game and after Minnesota, he also seems itchy to fight.

Finley didn't seem that fired up to do much. It seems that he is saving his brawl for Wheeler for whatever reason.