SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

Um, it was the same head ref......Hunt's clothes got lost and he had to borrow the ar's shirt last night.

I know that, I was more or less making fun of myself because someone pointed out to me that the "Freeman" guy last night was Marco Hunt wearing the linesman's equipment.

On the other hand he didn't suck Friday night.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard any of Gwoz's comments? Over on Brad's blog there are a couple of comments left that indicate that Gwoz was probably shooting his mouth off, but the comments didn't make a lot of sense. (I think the posters might have been drunk :lol: )

I watched his interview on FOXRM after the game and he wasn't too bad. He was complimentary to North Dakota as far as being ready to play tonight. Didn't blame the fight on us. In fact, after the 2nd period, he was more upset with his guys for not standing up for their teammates. Reminded me of Woog's comments after the Minnesota series.

As for the fights, I didn't see what started it all I saw was Phil whip around and then i turned in time to see Mannio hit Joe (good shot by him since there is like a 6 inch difference between them) and then Kyle comes running from the tunnel. I don't think Eades knows what happened either unless the guys told him as he had to come from the tunnel to stop them.

Finley bumped somebody, Mannino hit Finley, so it began. Radke pulls out DU #27, they went at it, DU guy dropped his gloves first, Radke hitting him, DU guy pulls Radke's helmet off, Radke throws the guy down, Radke pummeling the DU guy, DU guys helmet flies off, Radke continues to pummel him until the refs pull him off. Gwoz pissed, Scanlan thinks it's because no one helped the DU guy that Radke took out.

*I taped the game*

Finley bumped somebody, Mannino hit Finley, so it began. Radke pulls out DU #27, they went at it, DU guy dropped his gloves first, Radke hitting him, DU guy pulls Radke's helmet off, Radke throws the guy down, Radke pummeling the DU guy, DU guys helmet flies off, Radke continues to pummel him until the refs pull him off. Gwoz pissed, Scanlan thinks it's because no one helped the DU guy that Radke took out.

*I taped the game*

That's exactly why Gwoz was mad.

I love the scenario of us, CC, NH and Michigan as the Regional #1 seeds. It means we won't see any of those teams until the Frozen Four (fingers crossed), and it guarantees us that we don't end up in CC's Regional on their home ice. Assuming Wisconsin gets in as a four seed, that also guarantees us not seeing them in Madison for a Regional!

I love the scenario of us, CC, NH and Michigan as the Regional #1 seeds. It means we won't see any of those teams until the Frozen Four (fingers crossed), and it guarantees us that we don't end up in CC's Regional on their home ice. Assuming Wisconsin gets in as a four seed, that also guarantees us not seeing them in Madison for a Regional!

This winning streak has done wonders for our positioning.

I have a feeling that when all is said and done, we'll be heading out east. I also have a bad feeling that somehow we'll get put in a regional with BC somewhere.

Did a quick bracketology with the latest and greatest PWR available on USCH at 11pm on Sat night:

By the numbers:

Michigan vs Army

Mankato vs BC

New hampshire vs Bemidji

UMD vs Michigan State

UND vs SCSU

Clarkson vs Denver

CC vs Notre Dame

Wisconsin vs Miami

Couple Problems: 2 hosts in the same bracket and an intraconference first round matchup in UND vs SCSU

First problem is getting Wisconsin to host. You can't swap them with Clarkson, because you add another intraconference matchup, so you swap them with UMD.

To get rid of the intraconference in UND vs SCSU, you can't swap out Notre Dame, because you again end up with an intraconference matchup, so you swap SCSU with Bemidji

Now you have :

Worcester Mass:

MI vs Army

Mankato vs BC

BC and Army aren't too far away (attendance -good)

Madison WI:

NH vs SCSU

WI vs Michigan State

WI at home, and a Big Ten matchup (attendance -excellent)

Albany NY:

UND vs Bemidji

Clarkson vs Denver

Only ECAC school in in the regional hosted by the ECAC (attendance -fair)

Colorado Springs CO:

CC vs Notre Dame

UMD vs Miami

CC at home (attendance -good)

Did a quick bracketology with the latest and greatest PWR available on USCH at 11pm on Sat night:

By the numbers:

Michigan vs Army

Mankato vs BC

New hampshire vs Bemidji

UMD vs Michigan State

UND vs SCSU

Clarkson vs Denver

CC vs Notre Dame

Wisconsin vs Miami

Couple Problems: 2 hosts in the same bracket and an intraconference first round matchup in UND vs SCSU

First problem is getting Wisconsin to host. You can't swap them with Clarkson, because you add another intraconference matchup, so you swap them with UMD.

To get rid of the intraconference in UND vs SCSU, you can't swap out Notre Dame, because you again end up with an intraconference matchup, so you swap SCSU with Bemidji

Now you have :

Worcester Mass:

MI vs Army

Mankato vs BC

BC and Army aren't too far away (attendance -good)

Madison WI:

NH vs SCSU

WI vs Michigan State

WI at home, and a Big Ten matchup (attendance -excellent)

Albany NY:

UND vs Bemidji

Clarkson vs Denver

Only ECAC school in in the regional hosted by the ECAC (attendance -fair)

Colorado Springs CO:

CC vs Notre Dame

UMD vs Miami

CC at home (attendance -good)

nice, 7 wcha teams :lol: not going to happen in the end but i do think 5 for sure, 6 maybe if a team gets lucky and makes a final 5 run. the teams on the bubble may knock eachother out in the playoffs and then their season will be over with no final 5 to gain in the pairwise. nice job, its way tough trying to do this with 7 teams from 1 conference

Just throwing a thought out there after watching my video of the Radke 2nd intermission fight... Did he actually come back from down the tunnel or did he never actually leave the ice? At the end of my video I noticed that there is a mix of UND players on the ice, some with helmets on and some without helmets on. I assume those with the helmets off have already been down the tunnel and into the locker room area.... Radke still had his helmet on... so if he did go down the tunnel it wasn't very far. I didn't notice either way as I was trying to figure out why one of our players was on the ice in the middle of all the DU players.

Just throwing a thought out there after watching my video of the Radke 2nd intermission fight... Did he actually come back from down the tunnel or did he never actually leave the ice? At the end of my video I noticed that there is a mix of UND players on the ice, some with helmets on and some without helmets on. I assume those with the helmets off have already been down the tunnel and into the locker room area.... Radke still had his helmet on... so if he did go down the tunnel it wasn't very far. I didn't notice either way as I was trying to figure out why one of our players was on the ice in the middle of all the DU players.

Radke was out of the penalty box and down the tunnel - not far though - and came back out to help the 3 or 4 Sioux guys left on the ice with the whole Denver team.

Just watched "the fight" again. What all the camera's seemed to miss was the 4 guys on top of Genoway in the middle of the Denver team, and they were pummeling him good. Radke NEEDED to come in and set someone straight.

it is what it is, finley bumped the guy maybe rahkshanni skating after the period, the goalie gave him a shot and then it broke loose. radke whooped some azz and then nothing happened from there on really. nice weekend of sioux hockey. 2 big wins and a huge character win last night. keep it rolling sioux

Great sweep Sioux! Keep it rolling against BSU.

Kozek with a monster weekend...4 goals and 2 assists I believe. Can you say WCHA offensive POTW? :lol:

I didn't realize that Miami got swept by Ferris State. Wow, they are tanking nicely. I like our current PWR situation, let's hope that the Sioux keep this momentum up!