SiouxSports.com Forum

Brock Trotter

westsidesioux

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he MUST know what he's talking about, just look at how he gestures with his hands constantly.

Speaking of Dubay, did you see the guy in the Sioux jersey heckling him during the Dubay/Marnie comments after Saturday's game? I thought I heard the guy call Dubay a "numb-nut". :D That was one obnoxious & loud fan. Perfect guy to razz Dubay.

Sorry, off-topic... Will be interesting to find out the real reason for the Trotter departure. It seems pretty clear that Gwoz holds no hard feelings which seems to indicate that it wasn't really Trotter's decision.

I've got all three (Atlantic, Central, Pacific). I should've stopped at saying I saw it's on one of them. :lol:

Yeah, if you get one, you generally get all three. The regional name is just a label for what region the college sports they are showing is from.

Sounds like there is more to it than we are hearing.

for sure and for anyone comparing this to the okposo situation well there is no comparison other than hes gone. KO was a top draft pick and squirmed his way out of town using garth snow and bolting because he wasnt happy. from all sounds of the trotter situation something happened with school im guessing and had no choice but to persue his pro career. hes a undrafted free agent and so found a team that probably has been interested in him from the time he stepped onto du campus and signed with them. this smells nothing like he just got up and quit on his team, he may have did something to cause it all to happen but nothing like the garth/ko saga. bottom line is that du is now without their top scoring forward and a hell of a college player. big loss for them for the stretch run.

for sure and for anyone comparing this to the okposo situation well there is no comparison other than hes gone. KO was a top draft pick and squirmed his way out of town using garth snow and bolting because he wasnt happy. from all sounds of the trotter situation something happened with school im guessing and had no choice but to persue his pro career. hes a undrafted free agent and so found a team that probably has been interested in him from the time he stepped onto du campus and signed with them. this smells nothing like he just got up and quit on his team, he may have did something to cause it all to happen but nothing like the garth/ko saga. bottom line is that du is now without their top scoring forward and a hell of a college player. big loss for them for the stretch run.

would acedimic ineligablity be a possiblity?

would acedimic ineligablity be a possiblity?

could be but who knows. i also could be way off on my post as well and he could have bolted for some wierd reason but who knows. just seems like a strange situation overall and i guess i couldnt care less , juts a interesting situation on a off week for the sioux :)

As a Denver fan, here's my take on Totter:

I believe Brock was either expelled or about to be expelled by the University (prompting a withdrawl) and when he knew he couldn't come back to the team, he signed with the best pro deal he could find.

I have no idea what he did to get himself into that dangerous position the first place- the usual reasons for expulsion are either 'student conduct' or 'academic' violations.

Denver likely kept quiet while Trotter found his pro deal, and annoucned his departure as a pro sigining. This gives Trotter an out, and saved DU from having to embarrass Trotter with a public dismissal.

Either way, it's a blow for the Pios. Losing your top scorer is never a good thing.

As a Denver fan, here's my take on Totter:

I believe Brock was either expelled or about to expelled by the University (prompting a withdawl)_, and when he knew he couldn't come back to the team, he signed with the best pro deal he could find.

I have no idea what he did to get himself into that dangerous position - the usual reasons for expulsion are either 'student conduct' or 'academic' violations.

Denver kept quiet while Trotter found his pro deal, and annoucned his departure as a pro sigining. This gives Trotter an out, and saved DU from having to embarrass Trotter with a public dismissal.

Either way, it's a blow for the Pios. Losing your top scorer is never a good thing.

Nice to see that the university did not throw him under the bus. At 21, he is still young but mistakes have consequences. Kudos to DU for handling it fairly well from a public perspective. Maybe he can learn and move one.

Nice to see that the university did not throw him under the bus. At 21, he is still young but mistakes have consequences. Kudos to DU for handling it fairly well from a public perspective. Maybe he can learn and move one.

Why would the university throw him under the bus? I'm sure they know what everyone else knows, the fans will throw him under the bus, drive over him, then back up and finish the job.

I was cruising through my fantasy hockey updates and say the Trotter signing and then right under that, I saw something about the Blues hoping that Oshie would be able to make the last 14 or so games this year. Then I got sad. :lol:

tj will play with the blues as soon as the season is over for the sioux. lets hope thats sunday april 13th the day after the sioux bring home #8

Denver likely kept quiet while Trotter found his pro deal, and annoucned his departure as a pro sigining. This gives Trotter an out, and saved DU from having to embarrass Trotter with a public dismissal.

Or did it save DU and The Gwoz from having to face the media in a far less positive situation and answer some sticky, uncomfortable questions.

Some folks might be cynical and call that approach the coward's way out.

Or did it save DU and The Gwoz from having to face the media in a far less positive situation and answer some sticky, uncomfortable questions.

One hint is how pleased The Dasher-Dancing Gwoz was to announce Trotter signed during the season.

Lucia's reaction was more real.

After seeing the FSN-RM crew talk about Trotter being gone from DU in the pre-game, and the statements by The Gwoz, I wished I'd invested in air sickness bags.

What did the FSN crew say?

Trotter signed a pro contract. Ev-v-v-verybody at DU is sooooo happy for him. End of story. :)

Do cowards wear make-up and pink ties? I guess they do!

Brock woke up one morning and realized he was playing for that creampuff and found the quickest way to get out of Fairyland/Denver.