SiouxSports.com Forum

Brock Trotter

westsidesioux

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just happend to be scanning the Denver Post online and caught a story saying that Brock Trotter is NOT with the Pioneers this weekend in Mankato and could be out longer. Doesn't sound like an injury, anyone have any info on this? DU's Top Scorer Not on Trip

It sounds like a family matter when Gwoz said "Each of our players have private lives, and I hope people respect their privacy."

There's still time to adjust your roster, no?

I picked Ruegsegger over Trotter this week...and now I'm glad that I did. However, I do hope that Brock and his family (if involved) are ok; and that he makes it back to the ice soon.

I'm not sure if you can change at all but the deadline to submit is like noon thursday I think.

I was leaning Ruegsegger, but stayed with Trotter and went Kilpatrick/VV over Rau/Oshie.

I'm not sure if you can change at all but the deadline to submit is like noon thursday I think.

I was leaning Ruegsegger, but stayed with Trotter and went Kilpatrick/VV over Rau/Oshie.

I also don't know if you can modify your roster, but the deadline is 3pm AZ time, so that's 4pm(?) Grand Forks time

Brad's blog said some sort of release tomorrow, this sounds like it may be a somber story?

Yeah, if DU is sending out a press release, then it isn't good. Perhaps something as bad as a death in the family or a close relative coming down with a serious illness.

This isn't going to be good. :lol:

Yeah, if DU is sending out a press release, then it isn't good. Perhaps something as bad as a death in the family or a close relative coming down with a serious illness.

This isn't going to be good. :lol:

From the sounds of the link that Goon posted, it's hard to say if this would be a family issue or a suspension-type issue.

The University of Denver hockey team will wait at least another day before revealing if leading scorer Brock Trotter will remain on the team.

Key words to me are "remain on the team". If it was a family issue, it would have to be pretty bad for him to just quit the team. Or if it was a suspension or something...that would also have to be pretty bad for him to get kicked off the team like that.

This is going to be interesting to hear the facts behind this one. Hopefully everything is ok with him and his family.

From the sounds of the link that Goon posted, it's hard to say if this would be a family issue or a suspension-type issue.

Key words to me are "remain on the team". If it was a family issue, it would have to be pretty bad for him to just quit the team. Or if it was a suspension or something...that would also have to be pretty bad for him to get kicked off the team like that.

I am thinking the same thing that it might be a suspension or maybe a out right dissmissal from the team.

I just hope he's OK, I've always liked him as a player...especially after that horrible injury he got at UND a couple years ago.

What happened at UND? The only thing I can remember happening to a DU player at UND in recent years is a Sioux player (Fabian?) laid a huge check behind one of the nets and I believe the DU players' Achilies tenden was torn?

Am I right on this one, or do I have my history mixed up?

What happened at UND? The only thing I can remember happening to a DU player at UND in recent years is a Sioux player (Fabian?) laid a huge check behind one of the nets and I believe the DU players' Achilies tenden was torn?

Am I right on this one, or do I have my history mixed up?

Yes, Trotter had his achilles sliced. It was Smaby who checked him.

Trotter is a heckuva hockey player. No matter what the reason, I wish him the best. I have no love lost for Denver, but BT is a worthy competitor and has my respect.

No doubt. If anyone can have their Achilles torn & come back to be a leading scorer on a team, a lot of respect goes to that player.