SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

24 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Could SI be sued for putting out blatantly false information about UND? With their influence, they could cause some serious harm to the institution as a whole.

I'd be worried, but it's an article about college womens hockey.  How many people are actually going to read it.  Not meaning to be a slam on the womens hockey program, but its reality.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Tried reading the SI article. Got pretty far into it and then they had to go and site VICE Sports..... everything from VICE is slanted to the extreme. They only do ally oop stories that examine only one point of view. I also got tired of all the hyphenated names.

You mean like Hogs-head? :0

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Using the FY16 report, let's look at what's been eliminated by participants:

Baseball 29
MSD 22
WSD 35
WIH 25

Or, 51 male and 60 female participation slots. Knowing UND had too few spots for males before, this actually brings things toward balance. 

How many on the golf team? There is a probability here

Just saw this online.  the Secretary General of the German Hockey Federation just sent this email to Faison.  One line that stood out to me was UND womens hockey is "considered one of the the strongest , not only in the NCAA, but in the WORLD."  And of course......Olympians.

letter.JPG

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Just saw this online.  the Secretary General of the German Hockey Federation just sent this email to Faison.  One line that stood out to me was UND womens hockey is "considered one of the the strongest , not only in the NCAA, but in the WORLD."  And of course......Olympians.

letter.JPG

I wonder if he looks or sounds anything like this guy...

th?id=OIP.NdEcqHwzbppstRmSsmk0fwDuEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

letter.JPG

A Pfuhl indeed.

• Upvote 2

or maybe tell this german guy to offer athletic schollies at dusseldorf univerisity and all our athletes (lammies included) can over to germany and go to school for free and play hockey and send him a check for 100 dollars to start the endowment.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

letter.JPG

One of the best hockey teams in the world that can't finish first in conference let alone win a playoff game.  Man that is a real slam at every other Woman's program.  They are setting the bar pretty low to be considered one of the best in the world.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

One of the best hockey teams in the world that can't finish first in conference let alone win a playoff game.  Man that is a real slam at every other Woman's program.  They are setting the bar pretty low to be considered one of the best in the world.  

That team he's talking about NCAA tournament chances are done around December because of a loss to a bad team.