SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AJS

2018 UND Recruiting

The offerees have recently made their decisions (to stay closer to home):

• S Julian Haynie, 6'1”, 195, Rockford (Guilford), IL Verbal to IL St
  • LB Marty Strey, 6'3“, 200, Sun Prairie (Sun Prairie), WI Verbal to UW
  • CB Khalid Thomas, 6'1“, 190, 4.4, Woodbury Forest (Woodbury Forest), VA Verbal to Harvard

12 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Chenal just de-committed. His younger brother just got an offer from and committed to the Badgers, so wonder if there is something there for John as well.

We didn't really want him anyway ;)

Not necessarily talking about 2018 recruits, but more about our past recruiting and philosophy in general here: anyone have a more informed opinion on OL recruiting? Does our recruiting of light weight guys with quick feet match up with our chosen style of being a power running team? Our pass protect has seemed fairly solid so far this year, but we get minimal push on the run. 

25 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Not necessarily talking about 2018 recruits, but more about our past recruiting and philosophy in general here: anyone have a more informed opinion on OL recruiting? Does our recruiting of light weight guys with quick feet match up with our chosen style of being a power running team? Our pass protect has seemed fairly solid so far this year, but we get minimal push on the run. 

Need more assholes. Not enough snarl on this team. Too many nice guys.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

We also need more speed. I love that our team is almost all Midwest kids but we need multiple guys like Clive Georges. They don't make many of them around here. 

Izzy sounds like he has the speed, saw him on one jet sweep and we didn't give it to him.  Of course....why would you want to give the ball to one of your fastest guys. 

11 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Izzy sounds like he has the speed, saw him on one jet sweep and we didn't give it to him.  Of course....why would you want to give the ball to one of your fastest guys. 

Why pull his shirt?  He hasn't been used at all.  The same with JJ and even Oliveira (I saw on another thread he had four carries) today.  I don't understand why these guys have hardly been utilized.  Oliveira is an absolute animal and he got four carries today?  Wtf!

15 minutes ago, Sioux04 said:

Why pull his shirt?  He hasn't been used at all.  The same with JJ and even Oliveira (I saw on another thread he had four carries) today.  I don't understand why these guys have hardly been utilized.  Oliveira is an absolute animal and he got four carries today?  Wtf!

We havent run a lot of offensive plays. Utah and today were a ton of 3 and outs.  Need to find a way to get Santiago in the slot for the other backs to get carries.  John played well today. 

13 hours ago, Hambone said:

Figured it was only a matter of time but Audette has committed to NDSU.

As good as that kid is, do you really think he'll stick with NDSU?   By signing day an FBS school will snatch him up.   He already had an offer from NIU I believe.