Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AJS

2018 UND Recruiting

Recommended Posts

The offerees have recently made their decisions (to stay closer to home):

  • S Julian Haynie, 6'1”, 195, Rockford (Guilford), IL Verbal to IL St
  • LB Marty Strey, 6'3“, 200, Sun Prairie (Sun Prairie), WI Verbal to UW
  • CB Khalid Thomas, 6'1“, 190, 4.4, Woodbury Forest (Woodbury Forest), VA Verbal to Harvard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Chenal just de-committed. His younger brother just got an offer from and committed to the Badgers, so wonder if there is something there for John as well.

We didn't really want him anyway ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not necessarily talking about 2018 recruits, but more about our past recruiting and philosophy in general here: anyone have a more informed opinion on OL recruiting? Does our recruiting of light weight guys with quick feet match up with our chosen style of being a power running team? Our pass protect has seemed fairly solid so far this year, but we get minimal push on the run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Not necessarily talking about 2018 recruits, but more about our past recruiting and philosophy in general here: anyone have a more informed opinion on OL recruiting? Does our recruiting of light weight guys with quick feet match up with our chosen style of being a power running team? Our pass protect has seemed fairly solid so far this year, but we get minimal push on the run. 

Need more assholes. Not enough snarl on this team. Too many nice guys.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

We also need more speed. I love that our team is almost all Midwest kids but we need multiple guys like Clive Georges. They don't make many of them around here. 

Izzy sounds like he has the speed, saw him on one jet sweep and we didn't give it to him.  Of course....why would you want to give the ball to one of your fastest guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Izzy sounds like he has the speed, saw him on one jet sweep and we didn't give it to him.  Of course....why would you want to give the ball to one of your fastest guys. 

Why pull his shirt?  He hasn't been used at all.  The same with JJ and even Oliveira (I saw on another thread he had four carries) today.  I don't understand why these guys have hardly been utilized.  Oliveira is an absolute animal and he got four carries today?  Wtf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sioux04 said:

Why pull his shirt?  He hasn't been used at all.  The same with JJ and even Oliveira (I saw on another thread he had four carries) today.  I don't understand why these guys have hardly been utilized.  Oliveira is an absolute animal and he got four carries today?  Wtf!

We havent run a lot of offensive plays. Utah and today were a ton of 3 and outs.  Need to find a way to get Santiago in the slot for the other backs to get carries.  John played well today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hambone said:

Figured it was only a matter of time but Audette has committed to NDSU.

 

 

As good as that kid is, do you really think he'll stick with NDSU?   By signing day an FBS school will snatch him up.   He already had an offer from NIU I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×