SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

F'n Hawks

4 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

We had narcotics officer speak to the managers of our company this week as part of an annual training.  The police in GF aren't going after "small time" marijuana users in this town.  They don't have the time or money to.  If they are raiding a house with marijuana, chances are it was a large quantity or there were other drugs involved.  

I have no knowledge on what's going on with the football team or this raid,  just relaying what a GF police Officer told us this week.

Good info, seems like these guys were in a lot deeper than simply using. Time to clean house.

4 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

We had narcotics officer speak to the managers of our company this week as part of an annual training.  The police in GF aren't going after "small time" marijuana users in this town.  They don't have the time or money to.  If they are raiding a house with marijuana, chances are it was a large quantity or there were other drugs involved.  

I have no knowledge on what's going on with the football team or this raid,  just relaying what a GF police Officer told us this week.

This is 100% true.  My managers, at a training event, were told don't call or report anyone smoking pot in their residence or on the porch, we don't care.

1-4 on a season where UND is preseason top 10 and is picked to win the Big Sky Conference and now this?

Really disappointing year for UND football. Horrible. Not to mention we see the attendance finally get to where it should be only for it to likely all come tumbling down now. 

This is a horrible nightmare. Things needs to be changed. I expect Bubba, as the head man, to identify the necessary changes and get those damn things done. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

I think if you park at Taco Bell, see who frequents 4th meal, and you'll have your answer, pretty simple actually.

I pulled in there yesterday actually. Manager came out to the drive thru and said they had to close down early because they lacked enough employees to properly serve that fourth meal! :cool:

2 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

FB has become an embarrassment to the University.  No excuses.  Why the hell do we need to provide athletes with expense money if they are going to break the law to earn extra dollars? Where the hell are the team Captains and team leaders?  If they didn't know this was going on they shouldn't be team leaders.  What a mess.

Ok...I'm as mad as anyone about this but an embarrassment to UND?  No these players were the embarrassment...roughly 100 guys in the program and over 90% of them have never had any significant run-in with the law.  Like Siouxboys said all programs have at least some "fat."  If you want to put this on the captains then go right ahead...that's the direction society is going these days...it's always somebody else's fault!  These two need to be held fully accountable for their actions...which if convicted means a swift kick in the you know what from the locker room to the jail cell.

Now...I will say this is starting to become a trend...and I don't like it.  It's up to Bubba to fix this...and I'm confident he will.  Hell it wasn't even a year ago he was named coach of the year and he got a contract extension.  This is one fickle fanbase...and I'm not going to fall into the trap of jumping ship overnight.  If the trend isn't addressed swiftly and severely...then we'll see what happens...but until then I stand behind this program and will continue to do so.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UND08 said:

Ok...I'm as mad as anyone about this but an embarrassment to UND?  No these players were the embarrassment...roughly 100 guys in the program and over 90% of them have never had any significant run-in with the law.  Like Siouxboys said all programs have at least some "fat."  If you want to put this on the captains then go right ahead...that's the direction society is going these days...it's always somebody else's fault!  These two need to be held fully accountable for their actions...which if convicted means a swift kick in the you know what from the locker room to the jail cell.

Now...I will say this is starting to become a trend...and I don't like it.  It's up to Bubba to fix this...and I'm confident he will.  Hell it wasn't even a year ago he was named coach of the year and he got a contract extension.  This is one fickle fanbase...and I'm not going to fall into the trap of jumping ship overnight.  If the trend isn't addressed swiftly and severely...then we'll see what happens...but until then I stand behind this program and will continue to do so.

I will never ever jump ship but this a problem and I would feel better if I thought the three arrested over the last 6 months were it.  I wonder how many guys are using and how often.  More to the problems this year than just injuries IMO.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

I will never ever jump ship but this a problem and I would feel better if I thought the three arrested over the last 6 months were it.  I wonder how many guys are using and how often.  More to the problems this year than just injuries IMO.

I don't disagree with anything you said...I think immediate measures need to be put into place...specifically mandatory regular testing.  I don't care if pot is socially acceptable or not...it's against the law and those who don't have enough respect for the program to do things the right way need to be dealt with.

• Upvote 1

I could see the Fed's getting involved more into these intent to distribute cases. These guys get the marijuana mailed to them from places where its legal to buy, like Nevada. Even local narcotics task forces could screen and x-ray packages from states that legalize marijuana, if they find marijuana in the package let it get delivered then get a search warrant.

They are both done, scales and baggies with residue on and in them, you can't get much dumber. If you really have to deal drugs for some dumb reason don't get caught like your teammate did. 

I'm not going to defend anyone on this football team's performance to this points, as it's clear that a lot of these guys aren't focused on football.  That being said, I'm not going to be surprised when a few months pass by and these two plead to misdemeanor drug paraphernalia charges.  The GFPD is notorious for overcharging and some of their drug possession charges have been largely fictional.  It's ridiculous as they make this crap up for the newspapers and two months later when the charges are pled down significantly or dropped altogether it isn't mentioned anywhere.  If you go back and look at the last few drug arrests with the program and how they ultimately ended up, you'll see that the GFPD has been less than forthright.  

58 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I could see the Fed's getting involved more into these intent to distribute cases. These guys get the marijuana mailed to them from places where its legal to buy, like Nevada. Even local narcotics task forces could screen and x-ray packages from states that legalize marijuana, if they find marijuana in the package let it get delivered then get a search warrant.

They are both done, scales and baggies with residue on and in them, you can't get much dumber. If you really have to deal drugs for some dumb reason don't get caught like your teammate did. 

I would hope federal law enforcement has better !@#$ to do. 

God bless America... A person can purchase the tools to shoot and maim nearly 600 people in 15 minutes but can't buy or sell a plant they intend to smoke in their own home. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

I'm not going to defend anyone on this football team's performance to this points, as it's clear that a lot of these guys aren't focused on football.  That being said, I'm not going to be surprised when a few months pass by and these two plead to misdemeanor drug paraphernalia charges.  The GFPD is notorious for overcharging and some of their drug possession charges have been largely fictional.  It's ridiculous as they make this crap up for the newspapers and two months later when the charges are pled down significantly or dropped altogether it isn't mentioned anywhere.  If you go back and look at the last few drug arrests with the program and how they ultimately ended up, you'll see that the GFPD has been less than forthright.  

So you are saying the scales and baggies are made up?  Unless those two factors are made up, I don't care.  They are done.

2 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

God bless America... A person can purchase the tools to shoot and maim nearly 600 people in 15 minutes but can't buy or sell a plant they intend to smoke in their own home. 

Do you not understand intent to deliver?  If they sold to any minors they can hang as far as I'm concerned.  

For as much as I want to say .....I will try and keep it short.  

-This is is an embarrassment!!  Nightmare season continues...

-Personally I've never used but I don't condone usage like others...but dealing!?!? Are you fu$&@%# kidding me !!!  Complete fools! They were very aware of what they were doing and the consequences.   Fools!! 

-I have spoken with bubba numerous times and my boss knows him very well..bubba is as straight of arrow of a person that you will find.   This must be tearing at him   

-So I guess having college paid for and the chance to play ball isn't enough for some.   I just don't fu$&!?%# get it!! 

- Bubba is boss. Fait or unfair it rests on his shoulders.   He needs to address quickly. 

- I will always support the team. Have for many years....through the good times and the bad times. As a fan, don't let bad apples ruin it for all the players that are dedicated and put in the time and effort...there are WAY more good then bad on this team.  

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

So you are saying the scales and baggies are made up?  Unless those two factors are made up, I don't care.  They are done.

I'm going to be frank with you.  I don't think possessing either is that big a deal.  From all appearances they are at worst small time dealers making some extra bucks on the side.  They aren't the cartel and it's long past time we stopped ruining peoples futures for a plant that's legal for nearly half of the population.

Agree with UND08 as this is a couple of guys though Midwestern Hawk intimates there are more. Point is, a VAST MAJORITY are not involved in this. Those that are sound like they may be gone already. But this is an ugly topping to a Shi* season. 

We want Bubba to recruit the players we need to compete but they need to keep their nose clean. 

Ironically, the 2 best HUDL videos I saw the past couple of years were Iwarri Smith and Dre Randolph. I guess I have a thing for pot heads.

Just now, dlsiouxfan said:

You can't ship it through the mail across state lines, it's obvious they were selling drugs.

The NRA would be the people who want you to have the ability to make a semi-auto gun and auto-gun. 

There is a reason there is a DEA and ATF.