SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 UND Recruiting

UND Fan

Santiago came here as a WR. He has the one thing all other WR's lack-breakaway, get separation speed. They'd be crazy NOT to at least consider him to go wide at some time. Remember, the Moose got almost as many yards and when he was in, Santiago was out of the game. Why not use him more including at WR?

This is a GREAT problem to have.

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Unless Gordon is scared of competition, obviously he isn't, then it will only make him better.

But he had limited touches last year, this makes it likely he has less than that this year (barring injury of course). He seems athletic-position change? CB??? WR?

Just now, shep said:

But he had limited touches last year, this makes it likely he has less than that this year (barring injury of course). He seems athletic-position change? CB??? WR?

This is what we need to happen at every position because injuries happen. Our backups need to be the type of guys that make us wonder how great they would be if they could only get more touches.

who is ahead of jj at minny? hope he looks at a guy like zenner and realizes you have to play to get noticed and for the next three years he will be noticed ...hopefully a lot...too lazy to look it up but will he be a senior when we play the ndac next? (barring playoff meeting of course>

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The Bison faithful at their finest. 

Largely a disgusting group. Go JMU

Now, now, let not be those guys. Largely, as a group, they are actually really fun people. Most of whom have been complimentary of what Bubba has been doin up North. BUT there is definitely an obnoxious vocal minority. Some of that comes with people who are just obnoxious, some comes with winning a ton. Overall their fan base has some really great people, with a few really bad fans.

• Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Now, now, let not be those guys. Largely, as a group, they are actually really fun people. Most of whom have been complimentary of what Bubba has been doin up North. BUT there is definitely an obnoxious vocal minority. Some of that comes with people who are just obnoxious, some comes with winning a ton. Overall their fan base has some really great people, with a few really bad fans.

Sure, maybe just half are a disgusting group in terms of what they say about the flagship of North Dakota, THE University of North Dakota. That's the best you'll get out of me. 

Inferiority complex lives within many of them. 

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Sure, maybe just half are a disgusting group in terms of what they say about the flagship of North Dakota, THE University of North Dakota. That's the best you'll get out of me. 

Plenty of UND fans that are the same way. Every school out there has fans like that.

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

who is ahead of jj at minny? hope he looks at a guy like zenner and realizes you have to play to get noticed and for the next three years he will be noticed ...hopefully a lot...too lazy to look it up but will he be a senior when we play the ndac next? (barring playoff meeting of course>

You're correct. 2019 @ Fargo (barring NDSU doesn't buy out) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I may be a little bias the other way, because I have family that are huge Bison fans, and I try to get out an tailgate with their group. BUT any time I've been tailgating in Fargo (and I always where my Sioux gear), I'm welcomed with a little friendly ribbing, some free beer, and some football talk. Some wonder when we will join the MVFC conference, because they want the old school rivalries, some can't say enough nice things about Bubba and the direction of UND. Overall, they are fun people; but naturally there are some obnoxious ones. Truth be told, UND has some fans like that as well.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

That's what makes competition fun. It's the way it should be. There is a line, though, that NDSU fans have crossed often lately. 

Not disagreeing that NDSU fans have crossed that line, but I have also seen UND fans at the Ralph screaming at Gopher fans, and actually making little kids cry. Point being is that ever fan base has people, that the majority of the fanbase wishes didn't represent them. Unfortunately for everybody, it is usually the worst kind of fans that represent a fan base the loudest (same reason so many schools hate UND in hockey; we have some obnoxious fans too).

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

Either JJ or Greg eslinger would be the top recruited high school seniors out of ND. Wentz and kleinsasser ended up being very very good players but were not as highly recruited.   

I will have to check on Mark Slater, Doug Beaudoin, Phil Farris. and Steve Cichy to see if they were recruited or walk-ons.  There are probably others.

I'd like to see Santiago play out wide a little bit more, but if we get the line back together like they were playing last year, he needs the most snaps at running back (imo).  With a decent line, he is much more of a threat to score on any given play, from anywhere on the field, than anybody on the roster.   If the line isn't giving us huge holes, bigger backs are the way to go (imo).

1 hour ago, nodakhoops said:

100%. Santiago is a top ten back in the country and so is Brady. Neither of them are moving from running back. Yes Jon should play some out of the slot but he needs 15-20 carries a game. Id like more screens and swing passes out of the backfield with him.

There is no way on earth the coaches are remotely considering moving a guy on pace to break the rushing record at UND away from running back.

Lets drop the Santiago to WR stuff...ain't happening nor should it. He might line up some outside but the guy is an ALL AMERICAN running back.

Totally agree.

28 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I may be a little bias the other way, because I have family that are huge Bison fans, and I try to get out an tailgate with their group. BUT any time I've been tailgating in Fargo (and I always where my Sioux gear), I'm welcomed with a little friendly ribbing, some free beer, and some football talk. Some wonder when we will join the MVFC conference, because they want the old school rivalries, some can't say enough nice things about Bubba and the direction of UND. Overall, they are fun people; but naturally there are some obnoxious ones. Truth be told, UND has some fans like that as well.

This is a UND recruiting thread. Maybe post about how classy agu fans are in the moo u thread.

• Upvote 3