SiouxSports.com Forum

Whoa - UND Student Senate Non-Confidence Vote

UNDBIZ

I see the Student Government and Bob are coming to an agreement and signing a "Memorandum of Understanding".  Whatever the F that means.  

Here is the best part:  They are forming ANOTHER Task Force to help with tuition model!!  

#taskforceU

I see the Student Government and Bob are coming to an agreement and signing a "Memorandum of Understanding". Whatever the F that means.

Here is the best part: They are forming ANOTHER Task Force to help with tuition model!!

#taskforceU

So another 6 figures down the drain?

I see the Student Government and Bob are coming to an agreement and signing a "Memorandum of Understanding".  Whatever the F that means.  

Here is the best part:  They are forming ANOTHER Task Force to help with tuition model!!  

#taskforceU

You can not make this stuff up.............Bob's leadership is on display once again!

Easy. Bob's in the tux. 

I'm telling y'all: "The Mafia" would be an awesome nickname. :D

What the student govt did was under handed but on the news last night why did Lori Reesor look like she got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. Also as an alumni of the aerospace dept I worry that the search for a new dean will take a more leftist turn to be in line with the the rest of the deans, not a leader from the industry who we got with Dean Smith.

So how did it come to this point?  Lets speculate (because that is wayyyy more fun that facts :D ) and throw out five theories

1) UND administration was being pressured by alumni  for bashing student gov't at that meeting and needed to make nice (it doesn't look good that you would attack student like that... why would parents send someone to a school like that)

2) Only did it to make 100% sure the no confidence vote would not pass. (Must have counted enough head to realize that it might and needed to do something to prevent it).

3) Sic's theory

4) Student Gov't realized that they were in over their heads and took the first deal they could get. (kinda ties in to #3)

5) By doing this it puts student gov't in a rock and a hard place, if they pass it... they look like the bad guys now and not willing to cooperate. If they don't, some students might think of them as sellouts to the administration (far fetched yes.... but I could see it)

• Upvote 1

You can not make this stuff up.............Bob's leadership is on display once again!

Higher ed decisions are ALWAYS run through committees and task forces.  That's just how things work...the leadership will change, but the committee system will remain.  I have been a part of UND for three different presidents and every single one of them utilized committees, task forces, and other groups.

• Upvote 1

Higher ed decisions are ALWAYS run through committees and task forces.  That's just how things work...the leadership will change, but the committee system will remain.  I have been a part of UND for three different presidents and every single one of them utilized committees, task forces, and other groups.

Yeah, but in the end TC, KB, and CEK would man up and make a decision and stand with it. 

ROK makes Jean-Luc Picard look like George S. Patton. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

A few clicks from the link above brought me to this topic I enjoyed.

http://www.prairiebizmag.com/event/article/id/17189/

So Bresiani is schmoozing Harold Hamm? Hamm has pledged to give away his fortune before he dies. His ex-wife only got $1 billion in the divorce, so there's still plenty, even after oil prices tumbled.

I wonder if Kelley can schmooze potential donors? Hamm's 10 mill and Hess's 5 mill don't count in my book, as those were educational investments needed by the oil industry in this state.

Bresciani is now also trying to piss off the Legislature. 

The Legislature just passed a law to allow the State to audit the Foundations at NDSU and UND. Bresciani's response? 

“With no slight to the auditor’s office, their auditors are young, typically not experienced and broadly much less in higher education, so they do their best, but their level of expertise on what’s normal in public higher education is challenged,” he said.

https://sayanythingblog.com/entry/ndsu-president-dean-bresciani-state-auditors-are-too-dumb-to-audit-higher-education/

So he's saying the auditors (many of whom are NDSU CPAs) are not capable of doing an audit? 

Yeah, that's going to play as well in Bismarck as this whole no-confidence mess. 

Bresciani is now also trying to piss off the Legislature.

The Legislature just passed a law to allow the State to audit the Foundations at NDSU and UND. Bresciani's response?

https://sayanythingblog.com/entry/ndsu-president-dean-bresciani-state-auditors-are-too-dumb-to-audit-higher-education/

So he's saying the auditors (many of whom are NDSU CPAs) are not capable of doing an audit?

Yeah, that's going to play as well in Bismarck as this whole no-confidence mess.

Are the presidents of the 2 major universities of this state really trying to 1-up each other on stupidity?

• Upvote 2

I now see that the UND faculty is not happy with the Library situation.  One member went as far as to say the campus has never been this disheartened or angry.  

WTF is going on at UND right now?  

Lack of leadership at the top from Kelley and his minions to Faison at the Athletic Department.  Trying to sneak controversial decisions by everyone so that people cannot express their objections and/or concerns about said decisions.  That about sums it up.  Some people were critical of Ken Baker, but that was the last UND President I really liked.  I wish we could go back to that kind of leadership.