SiouxSports.com Forum

New turf at the Alerus

darell1976

I think we need to be more concerned about the product on the field than the actual field itself.

There may be some discussion about that in a different thread somewhere other than in the "New turf at the Alerus"?

Personally I think the field would get rather busy if they tried putting a UND logo at midfield. Where do you move the Alerus logos to? Do you get rid of the Big Sky logos? Maybe you get rid of Altru (you know, the other donor)?

I guess I would place UND above the Big Sky when it comes to priority.....

If you want a UND logo at mid-field, buy out the naming rights from Alerus Financial and put it there.

Short of that, those who own the rights will do what is within their rights.

You don't have to like it; heck, you don't even have to agree with it; you just have to deal with it.

Doh'kay...

To be clear, do I wish the logo was at mid-field? Sure.

But it's not, and it's not going to change until naming rights at Alerus Center change.

No amount of grousing here is going to change that.

And to be clear, I'm not grabbing my pitchfork and torch and trying to start an uprising against Alerus Financial or UND to get it changed.

This thread is titled "New Turf at the Alerus".

I simply stated that it is my belief that they dropped the ball on it....twice.

Then I was told my opinion was deemed "whining and complaining" and that I need to "deal with it" and "get over it".

It's not impossible.

"Paging Gate City Bank..."

484483_10151121652343646_932354518_n.jpg

Now look what you made me do!

Ok, it's the offseason. Will someone snap a football please?

And I agree, in the big scheme of things, this is way down the totem pole. But it's a 'talker' on siouxsports.com.

I digress. Moving on...

If you want a UND logo at mid-field, buy out the naming rights from Alerus Financial and put it there.

Short of that, those who own the rights will do what is within their rights.

You don't have to like it; heck, you don't even have to agree with it; you just have to deal with it.

I will add that I reallllllly wish they had the ND logo on our home field, but it ain't happening folks. The only way to address this is to contact the higher ups at Alerus Financial, ask them to do it, and threaten to pull your account from them if you have one, or tell them you will never bank with them. (yes, this is petty, and won't work anyway, but if you are looking to address the issue, it is much better than posting it on a messageboard. My opinion)

And to be clear, I'm not grabbing my pitchfork and torch and trying to start an uprising against Alerus Financial or UND to get it changed.

Then I was told my opinion was deemed "whining and complaining" and that I need to "deal with it" and "get over it".

It's not impossible.

And I agree, in the big scheme of things, this is way down the totem pole. But it's a 'talker' on siouxsports.com.

I digress. Moving on...

I will take black in the endzones over yellow any day!!

• Upvote 2

The black endzone look great, but I would take the Fargo Dome over the Alerus Center anyday ... when will UND get another Ralph Engelstad Alum to donate a sick football stadium? And bring it back to campus ... perfect placement would have been right ontop of the Old Memorial or Old Ralph. As soon as I make my billions ... :-)

It's not impossible.

I digress. Moving on...

Where are the B1G logos going to go??

• Upvote 4

It's not impossible.

I digress. Moving on...

Look at the size of those water troughs on the sidelines...must be for the cheer team.

I will add that I reallllllly wish they had the ND logo on our home field, but it ain't happening folks. The only way to address this is to contact the higher ups at Alerus Financial, ask them to do it, and threaten to pull your account from them if you have one, or tell them you will never bank with them. (yes, this is petty, and won't work anyway, but if you are looking to address the issue, it is much better than posting it on a messageboard. My opinion)

No it's not.

In my opinion, they have done the field turf twice and have missed the boat both times.

If me wanting a UND logo at midfield and "complaining about it over and over again" as you so eloquently put it is too much for you, then again, I guess I'm sorry. I'm not sure what else to say.

I'm not asking for miracles here. Just a UND presence at midfield. I understand the business aspect to all of it, I really do. I just don't agree with how it has been handled by Alerus Financial. There can still be Alerus logos on the field with a UND logo, cant there? You can also change them out in a couple years if need be.

Like you said earlier, "get over it".

I'll try keep my whining and complaining to a minimum for you from here on out.

Actually, your complaints should be with the Alerus Center, not Alerus Financial. Alerus Financial pays a fee to have their name on the building, but Alerus Financial does not control what happens in the building. The city of Grand Forks, the Alerus Commission and the Alerus Center staff control what happens in the building. The name on the turf is Alerus Center, not Alerus Financial. The Alerus Center negotiated the deal with UND. Alerus Financial neither has, nor had, anything to do with any decisions about putting new turf in the building. If you are going to whine and complain about something it would probably help to know who is actually making the decisions. You would be better off complaining to City Hall rather than Alerus Financial, although I'm pretty sure that you would be wasting your time complaining to anyone since the contracts are all signed.

• 1 month later...