SiouxSports.com Forum

Great Job

siouxnami

As a frequent critic, I thought it would be appropriate to congratulate Forney on his first good game as a member of the Fighting Sioux. I think we saw some real potential last night. He made some plays and showed some promise. If he can stay in th lineup, I would expect he could only get better and he might be a legit scoring threat by the end of the season.

Way to go...

You have to wonder if he's given himself a shot at playing time again next week.

You'd have to think he'll get at least one game next weekend. Hak was big on him last night in the pre-game show, and was just as big on him after the game, so I'd think the only way he wouldn't play next weekend would be for him to have a lousy week of practice. Hopefully playing time in this first game gets him even hungry for the future, and we see the potential in this kid that the coaches saw in him when they recruited him. He definitely had some great scoring opportunities last night.

He gets props all over the place. This thread is dedicated to Michael Forney's great job last night.

Great job, #18!

You ever think there's a reason Oshie gets props everywhere. No disrespect to Forney as I think if he stays in the lineup he may become a big key this season. But this has to be the first time ive seen a thread giving congrats to a player for simply playing a game.

You ever think there's a reason Oshie gets props everywhere. No disrespect to Forney as I think if he stays in the lineup he may become a big key this season. But this has to be the first time ive seen a thread giving congrats to a player for simply playing a game.

Leave Forney in there instead of Radke. That's my vote

I was the games this weekend and it was nice to Forney in there. He did some good things, but it was also evident he had not been in a game for a while. There were several times when he really had trouble with his balance, and he wasn't being touched. Here's hoping he continues to come along, because we can use his size.

It's true that there is usually not a thread dedicated to a third or fourth liner getting playing time, but I think in this case we are just hoping to see some of that potential we know he has. He has first line talent, and I think we would all like to see it on the ice in a green and white jersey. In reguards to Radke... I agree with some of the previous posters that he is now the odd man out. I love his heart, he plays hard every shift, but his untimely penalties are too numerous and often. Oh well, it's fun to discuss, but I guess that is why Hak gets paid the big bucks to make those decisions :lol: GO SIOUX!

Ni disrespect to Oshie, but apparently you have to score goals in order to have a good game.

Chorney is in trouble. So is Finley. Heck, I don't think a UND goaltender has had a good game in quite a while then. :silly:

No disrespect taken, though. Unless Forney starts scoring at Oshie's pace, I'm not sure Forney will ever get out from under the "bust" cloud. Realistically speaking, though, I think he did DAMN good for the situation. Nearly scored his first goal, contributed well.

Way to go Michael.

I think many posters are rooting for him to come around as we are aware of the potential he has and how he could really be a big boost to the team if he can get his confidence. Forney just needs some confidence shown from the coaches to get in some games and I think he will come around.

Prior to the infernalnet I didn't follow how a new player was supposed to be. You'd make your judgments based on how they were playing.

That brings up Lee Goren who didn't have a good first year(mono?). Would he have been a bust at that point?

Here's hoping Forney can follow the path of Scorin Goren!!

Ni disrespect to Oshie, but apparently you have to score goals in order to have a good game.

Chorney is in trouble. So is Finley. Heck, I don't think a UND goaltender has had a good game in quite a while then. :silly:

No disrespect taken, though. Unless Forney starts scoring at Oshie's pace, I'm not sure Forney will ever get out from under the "bust" cloud. Realistically speaking, though, I think he did DAMN good for the situation. Nearly scored his first goal, contributed well.

Way to go Michael.

Where in my statement did I say you have to score goals to have a good game? But while we are on the subject are you telling me that Forney had a better game than Oshie on Saturday?

Where in my statement did I say you have to score goals to have a good game? But while we are on the subject are you telling me that Forney had a better game than Oshie on Saturday?

Enough. This thread doesn't need to get off it's path by way of a stupid fight. Of course Oshie played a better game. That's totally irrelavent to the topic. Point is.....Oshie gets props for everything he does, all of the time. Forney deserves some credit for continuing to battle in practice and earning his shot. When he got his chance, he played well and made the most of it. It's ok for a thread to be dedicated to the discussion of Forney playing well.

What I would tell you is to start a "great job thread" for TJ's hat trick, if you believe it is due. (probably is, actually)

But don't take anything away from another fan that started a thread for Forney, because in their eyes, they thought it was due.

Forney showed me one very important thing...he has a knack for the puck finding his stick. That is something that you can't coach. It appeared to me that he has really good hockey sense. The legs will come with some ice time. He has worn the Red, White and Blue in International play, he was a high round draft pick... The kid has potential. I thought he was in the right place to make plays, which is first; now he's just got to start making those plays.

Enough. This thread doesn't need to get off it's path by way of a stupid fight. Of course Oshie played a better game. That's totally irrelavent to the topic. Point is.....Oshie gets props for everything he does, all of the time. Forney deserves some credit for continuing to battle in practice and earning his shot. When he got his chance, he played well and made the most of it. It's ok for a thread to be dedicated to the discussion of Forney playing well.

DING!

Correct! You win a cookie.

It's easy to be a fan of Oshie, Duncan, Chorney, Bina, etc. They got all the hype. Forney got injured and it ended whatever hype he had built up before suiting up. He's seen limited action and was never 100% until this season. I think he did indeed do a good job. And he does indeed deserve high praise. And I don't think Oshie should be brought into the argument because he's a different story entirely.

Can you imagine if Forney all of sudden just takes off and lives up to his #1 draft choice status? That's like adding a mid-season recruit. I've seen this kid play and he is the real deal. Give him time. He might be a little gun shy right now but he'll be alright. Go Sioux! Go Mike Forney!

He didn't look gun shy on Saturday. He was getting chances right in front, hitting people along the boards...it looked like he had been in the lineup the whole time.

That's great to see, this team could really benefit from a healthy Michael Forney if he continues to play like that.

Plus, he doesn't appear to be as penalty-prone as Radke. :ohmy:

I stated this in the game thread but I guess I will do it here to see what you other guys have to say.I just didn't think he looked good at all last nite.Getting knocked off the puck rather easily and getting the puck stolen on more than a few occassions.Does he get the nod again tonite or will Radke take his spot?Thoughts.