SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the difference between intense play and stupid play. I was only able to listen to the game tonight, but I've seen lots of games over the years, and in general Radke's play falls in the latter category more often than not. If someone is going to muck it up after a tough loss I'm not surprised to hear it's #26. Hopefully this is an opportunity to send a message and he gets things straightened out. I don't know if there's much more to say than that.

I don't mean to take a shot at the kid but Radke just does nothing for me out there. He consistently takes penalties an inopportune times. He contributes zero to the offense. I would be surprised if he scores one goal this year. He needs to sit a few games, but that is just my meaningless opinion.

someone gimme the quick highlights so i don't have to read thru 13 pages to catch up.

Tough game. Techies played the game of their lives. Goalie stood on his head the entire game, unbelieveable saves every period. Sioux gave them a wild ride the last 5 minutes but just couldn't get a puck to drop. Couple different times we had the puck in the crease or on the doorstep of an open net and couldn't bang it home. Lots of bad bounces. Sioux not quite there with the lines. Lammy played a great game. Open netter to close things out.

Oh, and Radke is now the whipping bitch for the year for cheap shots with 8 seconds left in the game. Lee is going to send him flowers on Monday.

I thought last year that Radke was jealous of Kaip's fight (he was also like the only player besides Walski who didn't scrap against Mankato!). It seemed that every time he got onto the ice he was looking for a fight, and never got one... I felt bad for him

Ohh Radke....He's just a tough nosed Canadian hockey player. I read somewhere once...Radke is Canada! :lol:

I think UND needed a loss. Lots of articles about them in the papers, and this will knock them off the pedestal a little bit. I really don't think they played that well this game, and still had a chance to win, which is a little bit reassuring. The last five minutes it sounded like they turned it on and finally put some pressure on the Tech trap and got some pucks to the net.

Lamoureax gave up a goal...albeit two! SIEVE!! :D

So when does the first person come out calling for Hak's job? :sad:

Don't talk down to someone on this board, that's a cheap shot. Most of us here understand that all just monday morning quarterbacks talking to one another. There are a few real live experts (pcm, jim dahl) and you don't see them hacking on guys for giving their 2 cents. We get it, Coach Hakstol doesn't run right home to read our brilliant posts and make adjustments for the next game. But let guy have his opinion, he's on the same team.

I understand your frustration, but the kid must have shown Hak something to be kept on the team. Are teammates sitting in the hotel room now ripping Radke? Hak said in the post-game comments that Radke was stepping up for Trupp who was run by a Tech player (or some incident like that), and he understood what he was doing, but chose an untimely moment to do it, which ended up costing us. Like I said, I understand your frustration. Tech's game tends to do that to me as well. However, I think Hak stated it very clearly when he said we needed a few guys to step up and no one did. You win as a team and lose as one. FYI, I think Old Time Hockey was being more facetious than talking down to you. I'm sure it just rubbed you the wrong way.

It's way too early to panic. It's just a road loss in October. But there are some reasons for concern.

The offense hasn't been very efficient or effective so far. The Michigan State game was 6-0, but we had some nice bounces that helped out; the game was much closer than that. We struggled to score goals against Northeastern last week. And then we have tonight's loss. And enough carping about "running into a hot goaltender", because we had better be able to score on good goaltending if we are going to hang some banners this year. I don't think there is a team in this league that doesn't have good goaltending (and that includes us). If we don't learn how to score on good netminders, it's going to be tough sledding on the offensive side. Next week's opponent is Colorado College, who also has an excellent goaltender. We had better figure this thing out or we'll get the brooms put to us at home.

Having said that, I think Hak and the rest of the coaching staff will keep working with the players in practice and I think the offense will come around. I just hope we don't leave too many league points behind in the process. Let's get a split on Saturday and get back home next weekend.

I understand your frustration, but the kid must have shown Hak something to be kept on the team. Are teammates sitting in the hotel room now ripping Radke? Hak said in the post-game comments that Radke was stepping up for Trupp who was run by a Tech player (or some incident like that), and he understood what he was doing, but chose an untimely moment to do it, which ended up costing us. Like I said, I understand your frustration. Tech's game tends to do that to me as well. However, I think Hak stated it very clearly when he said we needed a few guys to step up and no one did. You win as a team and lose as one. FYI, I think Old Time Hockey was being more facetious than talking down to you. I'm sure it just rubbed you the wrong way.

It wasn't directed at me, someone else, I wouldn't have bothered if it was.

I do agree with you that nobody, I don't care who's kid it is, gets on this team without having been the best on their team and one of the best in their league/conference/etc. That's Sioux hockey, always has been, always will be.

I'm 110% for standing up for your teammates, not a problem at all. My frustration was with his low class cheap shots at the end of the game. I was watching him go from guy to guy cross checking them under the chin to try and either get a fight or draw blood and there was 8 seconds left in the game. That's just not our style. We'll play you tough, kick the crap out of you, bang you and your sister around in the corners, but not that crap.

And you're right, the whole name/logo thing already had me in a $hitty mood, this was just more crap on the boots. I wanted to see Forney play anyway, I'm almost positive he'll get his chance now and hopefully the kid will light it up! See, already turned the corner.

I bet the farm on an undefeated and entire shutout season. Son of a B. It's all over now.

Why would you not want the team to be ranked number one? So they can have something to play for? They are the best team in college hockey, and they need to be able to live up to the hype of being number 1.

Missed the game, what happned? Michigan Tech is a pretty good team but I expected the Sioux to win this one since they've owned Tech in their own building. Oh well, the season is young. North Dakota will be there in the end. You can bet the farm on that!

GO SIOUX!!!

I felt that we controlled the play for most of the game. Tech collapses into a defensive shell around their own net, making it really hard to get good shots on goal. We are a very mediocre team at this point in the season.

I am very disappointed in the loss. I thought the Defensive breakdown leading to their first goal was the fault of Jones, not Genoway. Did i miss the number on the webcast?

Regardless, hopefully this is a wake up call. Hey Oshie and Duncan, that's 3 games in a row without a goal!!!!!

I am very disappointed. I don't think this team is as special as I thought they might be. They might have the talent, but right now they don't have the heart or the work ethic.

Don't talk down to someone on this board, that's a cheap shot. Most of us here understand that all just monday morning quarterbacks talking to one another. There are a few real live experts (pcm, jim dahl) and you don't see them hacking on guys for giving their 2 cents. We get it, Coach Hakstol doesn't run right home to read our brilliant posts and make adjustments for the next game. But let guy have his opinion, he's on the same team.

Not 100% sure...but I think oldtimehockey might have been using a little "sarcasm," let's not get our panties in a bunch because of an October loss to MTU, it's just a game;)

I think the breakdown at the very end of the game is a good thing. It showed that our guys really want to win and were so frustratred and angry that they wanted to fight. Tech is a tough team to play. They play a brutal style that would frustrate the heck out of any skill player.

I hear that, but I still appreciate his intensity

You are more than entitled to your opinion. The only intensity I see is bad judgement. If you are not going to do anything to help your team offensively...how can you consistently take penalties in bad situations. That 5 min major last year against the Goofs was horrible. That could have easily cost us the game.

We deserved it. We were chanting it just a few weeks ago at the Ralph vs. Mich State. Turnabout is fair play.

We deserved the overrated chant. When you lose three straight games to the Huskies I can't blame their fans for overrated chants

It wasn't directed at me, someone else, I wouldn't have bothered if it was.

I do agree with you that nobody, I don't care who's kid it is, gets on this team without having been the best on their team and one of the best in their league/conference/etc. That's Sioux hockey, always has been, always will be.

I'm 110% for standing up for your teammates, not a problem at all. My frustration was with his low class cheap shots at the end of the game. I was watching him go from guy to guy cross checking them under the chin to try and either get a fight or draw blood and there was 8 seconds left in the game. That's just not our style. We'll play you tough, kick the crap out of you, bang you and your sister around in the corners, but not that crap.

And you're right, the whole name/logo thing already had me in a $hitty mood, this was just more crap on the boots. I wanted to see Forney play anyway, I'm almost positive he'll get his chance now and hopefully the kid will light it up! See, already turned the corner.

Hak was really pissed after the game on the radio interview. I am wondering if that was due to Radke's antics. Hennesy had to kind of take control of the situation.

Did I read the box score correctly, tech only had 13 shots on goal and Lammy let in 3. That is bad. They need to start playing and getting some goals. I still think this team is going to do well, it is early in the season. But you can't let 3 of 13 in. With that kind of percentages we are not going to beat anyone.

Did I read the box score correctly, tech only had 13 shots on goal and Lammy let in 3. That is bad. They need to start playing and getting some goals. I still think this team is going to do well, it is early in the season. But you can't let 3 of 13 in. With that kind of percentages we are not going to beat anyone.

Second goal he didn't see at all thru traffic and the 3rd goal was an empty netter. JPL played well enough for UND to win. 4 goals in the last 8 periods is more of a concern!!!

Did I read the box score correctly, tech only had 13 shots on goal and Lammy let in 3.

2 goals on 12 shots I believe the one was an empty net goal. It sounded like the one goal was a fluke.

Funny thing is the MTU goalie stops those shots. I think UND needs to get mean and nasty, and I would

even suggest going really hard to the net all the time. It sounded as if UND got a lot of shots on goal last

but it also sounded like a lot of the shots were from the out side.

3 of 13 is misleading. First of all, goal 3 was an empty netter.

The other two, well one was a heck of a shot for a ppg, the other was a corner magnet from the point and Lammy never saw it.

This game is not JP's fault. I blame our inabiity to score goals. We've scored 4 goals in our last 3 games. You don't win many games when you score less than 2.

Second goal he didn't see at all thru traffic and the 3rd goal was an empty netter. JPL played well enough for UND to win. 4 goals in the last 8 periods is more of a concern!!!

Some people need to pick it up. Oshie and Duncan come to mind.