SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the hype machine got a bit overheated, especially after the Michigan State game. Right now the Sioux seem to be about equal to the good teams in the major conferences, but they're not dominant by any means.

That's just fine, as Hak builds his teams throughout the season, and we know they'll be a lot better in the spring than the fall.

It sounds like they're getting rolling a bit here in the third, though.

I want to see a full 60 minute effort every night, not good effort in spurts. Getting a lot of logo killer shots is not going win games. I think some of these kids have been reading their press clippings again this season, yeah we know you gusy are good. Time to play some hockey, PCM is right, where the hell are Oshie and Duncan, time to show up and play some hockey.

I am sick and tired of everyone saying oh, how awesome MTU is, they are an average to decent team that doesn't 2/3 of the talent we have. Time to get some points tomorrow night getting swept is not acceptable.

The Tech fans and announcers made it seem like they beat us for the national championship :sad:. While I'm somewhat sad that we did lose it's the first year in a long time for Tech fans to be excited about their team. They won fair and square hopefully they party hardy over the win so the Sioux can whip them tomorrow :D.

It's a loss, but the Sioux really took it to them. Sounds like another defensive breakdown from Genoway gave them the first goal. Disappointing... I expect the Sioux will take care of business tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm sure he wishes he had that one back. Should have just tried to clear it rather than make the play. Tried the spin behind the net and was attacked by two Tech forwards to lead to the bad bounce out in front of the net.

Wild game. Exlak stood on his head, our guys couldn't get the puck in and cycled all night. Techies played the game like a National Championship and we didn't. The Sioux turned it on in the end of the game, but the Techies still had enough gas in the tank and skated up and down the ice with them and had a goalie that was playing like 2 men in the net.

Our guys just didn't seem to gel all night. If I saw it once, I saw it 10 times - 2 of our guys bumping into one another while they were bringing the puck up ice or in the corners or behind the net. Just not something we're used to seeing from a veteran Sioux team.

Rather have the #1 ranking/undefeated monkey off our back. Doesn't mean anything this time of the year anyway and it takes the pressure off the guys and Lammy.

Come back tomorrow night and start playing like they played in the last 5 minutes and it will be a much better game.

unless you win friday night on the road right :sad:

THEY OWN US

lets see radke over forney and marto over jones for a game. just have to get 2 points tomorrow...off and away

Win Friday, a Saturday night would be a bonus, but I still always hope for at least a split on the road. Okay, I hope for a sweep, but I'm not totally disappointed with a split.

I agree Goon. To early in the season to declare us the best in the country. The boys need to earn that type of distinction.

I didn't want see the pollster put UND in the top spot, its meaningless anyways.

Time to go to work. Being 10th or 1st is redundent and meaningless.

Hak post-game comments:

Teslak did a good job, made some good saves, had some help in front of him. That's that. I'm way over the edge with it right now.

We need to get a little better play out of a few guys. Had good play out of a lot of guys. Games like this, we need someone to step forward and we didn't get it. It's a tough loss tonight, and we need to turn around and get the split tomorrow night.

We had a bunch of plays (3 or 4) in front of the net that didn't get a shot on goal due to tips. That's part of the game. Other end of the ice, we lose a faceoff and give up the winning goal. Good play by them, poor play by us.

Had a 3 on 1 inside the zone and didn't get a shot on goal. Those are some of the things that happened tonight. We had some good players, and poor play at what we call the other end of the line-up. We need a little more oomph out of them.

Thought LaPoint moved the puck well...showed good composure, good game for him. Phil did his job. Didn't have a lot of work, but he did a good job. He was solid in there. The second goal, I don't think he saw it.

We couldn't get that 2nd goal. We had 4 or 5 grade "A" opportunities in the first 5 of the third and the last 5 of the third, but couldn't get nothing.

Tomorrow night, someone needs to step forward. Our PP needs to step up. The first Jones penalty was a bad one. Didn't see the 2nd one. Radke took a cross-checking call...I think was embellished, but we can't take those penalties. You can't go out there as a 4th line and take a couple of penalties and be out there for a game winning goal against. Not putting anything on their shoulders. Need other guys to step forward too.

If we get some bounces, this is a completely different game.

Radke is a pylon

Just bench the f'in moron! He's had more than enough opportunities and we have plenty of guys that can go out there and throw the lumber, and do it in a respectable way. He should lose his right to travel, bring Davidson and play Forney. Let them fight for the spot and give up on Radke, what a complete hack at the end of the game.

If I were the Tech student section, I don't think I'd fan the flame by chanting "overrated" until the games over Sat night.

Why? They beat us tonight. To them, we're way up on the ladder. I compare it to us beating Minnesota back in '96. We were a mediocre team that year (mid-league) and Minnesota was #1 in the polls. It happens in every arena when a lower seed beats a higher seed, regardless if it's a single game win or a sweep.

Just bench the f'in moron! He's had more than enough opportunities and we have plenty of guys that can go out there and throw the lumber, and do it in a respectable way. He should lose his right to travel, bring Davidson and play Forney. Let them fight for the spot and give up on Radke, what a complete hack at the end of the game.

I hear that, but I still appreciate his intensity