SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bench the f'in moron! He's had more than enough opportunities and we have plenty of guys that can go out there and throw the lumber, and do it in a respectable way. He should lose his right to travel, bring Davidson and play Forney. Let them fight for the spot and give up on Radke, what a complete hack at the end of the game.

Radke does not display what we believe is "Fighting Sioux Hockey" Play hard and fair, but not cheap.

Why? They beat us tonight. To them, we're way up on the ladder. I compare it to us beating Minnesota back in '96. We were a mediocre team that year (mid-league) and Minnesota was #1 in the polls. It happens in every arena when a lower seed beats a higher seed, regardless if it's a single game win or a sweep.

You've misunderstood me...I was only saying that you don't want to piss off the boys from NoDak more than they already are. Don't fan the flame. Don't give UND another reason to bring their best game Sat night.

I'm all for the MTU fans chanting overrated.

Don't confuse intensity with stupidity.

Not sure if you were watching the game on web or listening, but what he did was absolutely bottom of the barrel cheap. He had his stick up under any Techie player he could find and he didn't care where the puck was on the ice. He was flat out looking to drop someone because we were losing. That ain't Sioux Hockey, that's bush league.

Oshie plays with intensity and plays a great physical game. Radke couldn't lift his jock. Bench him, yesterday. And based on Hak's comments in the post game, I think it's a done deal.

You've misunderstood me...I was only saying that you don't want to piss off the boys from NoDak more than they already are. Don't fan the flame. Don't give UND another reason to bring their best game Sat night.

I'm all for the MTU fans chanting overrated.

I hope it does light a fire under their a$$. Let them cheer it all night if that's what it takes!

Appears that Radke has been annointed the message board whipping boy this year :sad:

Don't get me wrong...I'm not blaming Radke for tonight's loss or anything. Heck, I only got to listen to a part of the game on the radio and saw none of it on the webcast. But I've been saying the same thing every year that he has been here...that kid is a loose cannon and does nothing but take penalties and plays cheap. He's going to hurt someone if he keeps up his stupid shennanagins, and then we'll (Sioux fans) be on the other end of the "Paukovich" incident. How would you defend him if he hurts someone like that?

Not sure if you were watching the game on web or listening, but what he did was absolutely bottom of the barrel cheap. He had his stick up under any Techie player he could find and he didn't care where the puck was on the ice. He was flat out looking to drop someone because we were losing. That ain't Sioux Hockey, that's bush league.

Oshie plays with intensity and plays a great physical game. Radke couldn't lift his jock. Bench him, yesterday. And based on Hak's comments in the post game, I think it's a done deal.

I know the difference between intense play and stupid play. I was only able to listen to the game tonight, but I've seen lots of games over the years, and in general Radke's play falls in the latter category more often than not. If someone is going to muck it up after a tough loss I'm not surprised to hear it's #26. Hopefully this is an opportunity to send a message and he gets things straightened out. I don't know if there's much more to say than that.

Before the game, I would have argued with you that it was Forney, but now, I'd have to agree with you, or at least at this moment.

Ditto. I never thought Lee deserved the abuse he took here and didn't want him to leave.

Radke earned the hot poker up the keester tonight. I'm all for sticking with our guys who stick with the program for 4 years, but he let us down tonight with that crap. Cost us a goal with ANOTHER stupid penalty and made a fool of himself at the end of the game. I expect that kind of crap out of Mankato, not the Fighting Sioux.

I know the difference between intense play and stupid play. I was only able to listen to the game tonight, but I've seen lots of games over the years, and in general Radke's play falls in the latter category more often than not. If someone is going to muck it up after a tough loss I'm not surprised to hear it's #26. Hopefully this is an opportunity to send a message and he gets things straightened out. I don't know if there's much more to say than that.

Yep..I am sure this message board will help Hak straighten things out!

Why? They beat us tonight. To them, we're way up on the ladder. I compare it to us beating Minnesota back in '96. We were a mediocre team that year (mid-league) and Minnesota was #1 in the polls. It happens in every arena when a lower seed beats a higher seed, regardless if it's a single game win or a sweep.

I agree. That's part of the college atmosphere. UND students do plenty at the Ralph next to the penalty box. It's all part of the game.

Maybe Brian Lee can console him. Every team needs a player like Radke. Guy that has a chip on his shoulder. Hak needs to discipline him a little when he takes stupid penalties, but he is a solid defensinve forward.

We need some hack that's a Senior and still taking horrible penalties when we're behind? I hope you're not putting this $hitsack in the same category as someone who is a legitimate enforcer on our past teams? Look at some of other dmen who started off taking some bad calls and then MATURED, they LEARNED from their mistakes and UNDERSTOOD that those horrible penalties at the wrong point in the game cost their TEAM the win. Sure, Greene, Smaby, Commy all took some ugly penalities in their first year, year and a half. Then they figured out it was costing their TEAM wins, and they got smarter about how they stood up for their teammates and intimidated the other team. This guys a senior and still taking cheap shots like some dumb freshman right off the bus.

Sorry, I guess the loss really has me chapped, but it was salt in the wound to see that at the end of the game. I don't think I'm alone in saying Mr. Radke's negatives out weigh his positives at this point.

Yep..I am sure this message board will help Hak straighten things out!

Don't talk down to someone on this board, that's a cheap shot. Most of us here understand that all just monday morning quarterbacks talking to one another. There are a few real live experts (pcm, jim dahl) and you don't see them hacking on guys for giving their 2 cents. We get it, Coach Hakstol doesn't run right home to read our brilliant posts and make adjustments for the next game. But let guy have his opinion, he's on the same team.