SiouxSports.com Forum

BC vs. The Fighting Sioux!

dj_hoime

Isn't BC maroon and gold too? :silly:

We've got nothing to be ashamed about. It was a great year. I can't wait for October! How about Evan Trupp centering Duncs and dare I say it...TJ ( please come back, kid) next year. Maybe put Hextall with Watkins and the Dutchman? I expect much bigger numbers from Kozek next year.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see you guys lose. :silly:

I had to DVR the game last night and will watch it some time this afternoon so I can't comment on what happened. There was a part of me that wanted to see UND win although if you had to lose, BC is a pretty good opponent to go down to.

Here's to next season and another opportunity to see the best hockey rivalry in college hockey duke it out again!

BC would have destroyed the Gophers. No doubt about it.

Hogwash. The Gophers took UND to OT the past two games. Perhaps we wouldn't have won but if the same UM team that beat UND at the X played yesterday they would have kept it close.

Sorry to see you guys lose. :silly:

I had to DVR the game last night and will watch it some time this afternoon so I can't comment on what happened. There was a part of me that wanted to see UND win although if you had to lose, BC is a pretty good opponent to go down to.

Here's to next season and another opportunity to see the best hockey rivalry in college hockey duke it out again!

Hogwash. The Gophers took UND to OT the past two games. Perhaps we wouldn't have won but if the same UM team that beat UND at the X played yesterday they would have kept it close.

dude, if you haven't watched the game yet....Lammy kept UND in it with some good saves, I don't know if Frazee or Briggs could have come up that huge. BC is a dang good team. the Gophs would have not kept it as close as UND did, thusly I say they would have destroyed us.

W

It depends on whether or not the U defense let BC get to Frazee or Briggs the way UND let BC attack Lammy, but also whether or not we stayed out of the box. You have a right to your opinion but I don't believe for a second a solid effort by UM leads to a blowout loss. Not a chance.

dude, if you haven't watched the game yet....Lammy kept UND in it with some good saves, I don't know if Frazee or Briggs could have come up that huge. BC is a dang good team. the Gophs would have not kept it as close as UND did, thusly I say they would have destroyed us.

W

Yep for two weeks I was thinking this was going to be easy for UND (and how easy it would have been for the Gophs.) After watching that game BC could have been up two or three going into the third. Lamoureux was at his best and BC caught a bunch of iron.

Yep for two weeks I was thinking this was going to be easy for UND (and how easy it would have been for the Gophs.) After watching that game BC could have been up two or three going into the third. Lamoureux was at his best and BC caught a bunch of iron.

I think the count was three and the one was a rocket. Yikes :silly:

I just got off the phone with the Boston College SID, and he told me my BC game worn jersey from last nights drubbing will be shipped out in 2-4 weeks.

Lucia has been to how many Frozen Fours in the past three years??? You go ahead and wear that BC game worn jersey. I might get myself one too. Can you post a link?

One of the top four teams in the country beat another top four team in the country. You can't compare that to the #1 team in the country not making it to the big dance because they lost to the #14 (16?) team in the country.

Exhibit A in why I hate the Rodents. Some A-hole coming on the Sioux board to claim that Sioux fans are Gopher obsessed, whiny little babies. By chance are you the same idiot in Denver that had the brillant "Sue is a girls name sign" that left the arena in tears after the "drubbing" the Sioux put on the Gophers.

Have fun in your BC jersey. It's definately a step above the piss and crap colored uni your sporting now.

At least the rodents can wear their ugly unis without offending anyone. Stop cultural genocide.

It depends on whether or not the U defense let BC get to Frazee or Briggs the way UND let BC attack Lammy, but also whether or not we stayed out of the box. You have a right to your opinion but I don't believe for a second a solid effort by UM leads to a blowout loss. Not a chance.

Fine, understand I am a DIE hard Gopher fan, but I am also a realist. I know the Gophs pulled UND into two OT's. I also know UND owned the last OT. The Gopher D is hurting (obvious now with it coming out Goli has to have surgury bein gpart of the D slump). Personally I think we'd prolly not pulled as many penalties as UND did, we just don't have the size that drew a few of those calls. I'm not saying it would have been a blow out, but they would have picked the Gopher D apart and we'd have been down by 2 going into the third. A blow out in my mind is 3-4 goal spread minimum. The biggest question you have to ask yourself is this: WHICH Gopher team would have shown up? The one that had to mount a huge return to beat the Air Force, or the one that played Sat night at the X?

W

Thats not a drubbing in any sense of the imagination.

That game was domination. Shots on goal were incredibly one sided. The Sue are a one line team and they got exposed badly last night. And Lammy is the cockiest goalie I've ever seen for a guy who has nothing to be cocky about.

Lucia has been to how many Frozen Fours in the past three years??? You go ahead and wear that BC game worn jersey. I might get myself one too. Can you post a link?

One of the top four teams in the country beat another top four team in the country. You can't compare that to the #1 team in the country not making it to the big dance because they lost to the #14 (16?) team in the country.

tDon has been to the big dance I think 4 times in the last 8 years with two titles to show for it. Not all that bad IMO.

But your second point is a bit off....I guess it all depends on how you rank the "top four teams in the country". Seeding would say that you are wrong amd to compare the two years w/o using the seeding rank as comparison is false logic.

W

W

These comments by Worthless are insane. UND and the Gophers are about as equal as two teams could possibly be. With Briggs in net I agree, no chance for the Gophers. But with Frazee I think the Gophers would have had a great chance to beat BC and certainly would not have been dominated the way the Sue were.

These comments by Worthless are insane. UND and the Gophers are about as equal as two teams could possibly be. With Briggs in net I agree, no chance for the Gophers. But with Frazee I think the Gophers would have had a great chance to beat BC and certainly would not have been dominated the way the Sue were.

I have been told I am a bit unbalanced...normally after a few beers....

W

That game was domination. Shots on goal were incredibly one sided. The Sue are a one line team and they got exposed badly last night. And Lammy is the cockiest goalie I've ever seen for a guy who has nothing to be cocky about.

Were you watching the game? From what I saw the second line was doing a lot of work. The DOT line was effectively contained and the second line stepped up. One line team? I think not. Two line team? possibly so :lol:

But your second point is a bit off....I guess it all depends on how you rank the "top four teams in the country". Seeding would say that you are wrong amd to compare the two years w/o using the seeding rank as comparison is false logic.

W

BC and Holy Cross were seeded equally and UMtc and UND were, too?? You're saying comparing UND's lose to BC is equivalent to UMtc's lose to HC??

I'm saying UND, a giant, lost to another giant. UMtc, a giant, lost to David last year. No comparison, IMHO.

Wow, awful lot of Trolls.

Domination? That's a bit over the top, wouldn't you say? considering BC never lead until late in the third. Shots are not a good representation of how close a game was. You have to consider shots attempted, powerplay shots, rebound shots, shots from a decent angle. I would say that BC had some better chances, but a lot of those were on the powerplay, where they clicked and we struggled yesterday. Last time I checked, the only shots that matter at the end of the game are the ones that ended up in the back of the net. You can generate a great scoring chance without a shot on goal for the statistician if you pull one high or just wide.

Schneider is not getting as many props as he should. He made two or three terrific saves on Duncan on that pp in the first. Duncs doesn't usually come up short in those situations.

Why are the Gopher trolls coming over here to gloat, I didn't know that the U of Minnesota was in the Frozen Four, oh yeah...

they aren't, because we beat them in one of the best hockey games of the year, after losing to them in the other best hockey game of the year.

BC is a great team. Fast, skilled, old school hockey east style. We couldn't beat them up due to tight officiating, and they were able to get the job done. Congrats to them.

PS, have any of you seen the Blake Wheeler home video on youtube from after the final five where he is wearing a Sioux jersey and yells "have fun golfing". What a moron. If he didn't know that the Sioux were still going to the FF after the final five, his daddy wasted a lot of dough on that exopensive prep school education.

Please don't feed the trolls.

UMHockey holds no respect for the Fighting Sioux. He doesn't even dare spell our name right. How can we take him seriously even if he tries to talk hockey if he holds so little respect for the opponents of his beloved team?

WPoS may or may not be wrong. But at least he respects the Sioux.

Heck, even Slap Shot may get under some of our skins but at least he respects UND enough to spell our name right.

Just ignore UMHockey. He brings nothing to the table. Respect has to be earned and he's earning himself no respect and the Gopher program even less respect by his actions.

yzerman19- Slap Shot and WPoS aren't really trolling. The only trolls I've really read so far seem to be UMHockey, Hextall, and RexBanner teeters on the brink at times.

This is a Good Read......This lady also does some work with ESPN on the Sports Reporter Show....

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2007...ighting_spirit/

Refreshing and nice comments from Coach York.

I agree with Porter - I never felt like it was over, even down 2 with 40 seconds left.

BC deserved the win, but our guys - as always - kept battling to the final buzzer. Just one of the many reasons to be proud of this Sioux team.

PS, have any of you seen the Blake Wheeler home video on youtube from after the final five where he is wearing a Sioux jersey and yells "have fun golfing". What a moron. If he didn't know that the Sioux were still going to the FF after the final five, his daddy wasted a lot of dough on that exopensive prep school education.

Um...you mean THIS video?

Sioux Jersey Pop

Blake Wheeler home video? This is a Sioux fan popping off to Mike Carmen and Blake Wheeler after the Gophers were eliminated in the western regional. He's telling Mike and Blake to 'have fun golfing' since their season was over. What the heck were you thinking? :silly:

Both Sioux fans and Gopher fans are behaving like a bunch of children in this thread trying to one-up each other. The fact of the matter is that they are both very good teams who fell just short but have nothing to hang their heads in shame about. I'm quite confident they'll both be contenders again next year and for many years to come. Now stop the petty bickering before us mature folks who choose to take the high roadall get migraines.

:silly: