SiouxSports.com Forum

BC vs. The Fighting Sioux!

dj_hoime

Both Sioux fans and Gopher fans are behaving like a bunch of children in this thread trying to one-up each other. The fact of the matter is that they are both very good teams who fell just short but have nothing to hang their heads in shame about. I'm quite confident they'll both be contenders again next year and for many years to come. Now stop the petty bickering before us mature folks who choose to take the high roadall get migraines.

My dad can beat up your dad.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...you mean THIS video?

Sioux Jersey Pop

Blake Wheeler home video? This is a Sioux fan popping off to Mike Carmen and Blake Wheeler after the Gophers were eliminated in the western regional. He's telling Mike and Blake to 'have fun golfing' since their season was over. What the heck were you thinking? :silly:

Now why'd you have to go ruin his rant? :lol:

Both Sioux fans and Gopher fans are behaving like a bunch of children in this thread trying to one-up each other. The fact of the matter is that they are both very good teams who fell just short but have nothing to hang their heads in shame about. I'm quite confident they'll both be contenders again next year and for many years to come. Now stop the petty bickering before us mature folks who choose to take the high roadall get migraines.

I'll bet this post sends all the Trolls running for their lives. :silly: For that migraine, put your bunny slippers on, pour yourself another one of your cool mint-juleps and flop back into your bean-bag chair.

Lucia has been to how many Frozen Fours in the past three years??? You go ahead and wear that BC game worn jersey. I might get myself one too. Can you post a link?

One of the top four teams in the country beat another top four team in the country. You can't compare that to the #1 team in the country not making it to the big dance because they lost to the #14 (16?) team in the country.

Must be a lot of 'We finished our season after the Gophers did.' banners hanging in REA, got another one to put up there this year too (silly Gophers only get WCHA regular season and frozen five winner banners).

Yawn... :lol:

Here is a great article about the game and the rivalry that has developed between UND and BC. It compared the game to Duke-Carolina and possibly even Yankees-Red Sox. That's high praise in the sports world.

Edit: The Sioux fans get a good mention. Says that even before the 1st game they made their presence felt with "the home of the Sioux" at the end of the National Anthem.

Here is a great article about the game and the rivalry that has developed between UND and BC. It compared the game to Duke-Carolina and possibly even Yankees-Red Sox. That's high praise in the sports world.

Edit: The Sioux fans get a good mention. Says that even before the 1st game they made their presence felt with "the home of the Sioux" at the end of the National Anthem.

Just to add to that I was informed today by a B.C. fan that the Sioux are playing B.C. in conte forum next winter so maybe the Sioux can get some immediate pay back.

It's also a perfect illustration of how much good hockey does UND, both nationally and internationally.

BC and Holy Cross were seeded equally and UMtc and UND were, too?? You're saying comparing UND's lose to BC is equivalent to UMtc's lose to HC??

I'm saying UND, a giant, lost to another giant. UMtc, a giant, lost to David last year. No comparison, IMHO.

READ the comment. To compare last years Gopher loss as a #1 to the #16 seed to the UND/BC game was not in question. I was saying that UND was not a #1 seed and to say "top four team" you are disregarding the seeding system is all. I'm not here to argue who was where in "rank" because it is all out in the wash after play starts. I'd assume from your comments if the Gophers had beaten UND you'd consider us a "top four" team as you are equating that to the 4 that made the FF?

W

Fine, understand I am a DIE hard Gopher fan, but I am also a realist. I know the Gophs pulled UND into two OT's. I also know UND owned the last OT. The Gopher D is hurting (obvious now with it coming out Goli has to have surgury bein gpart of the D slump). Personally I think we'd prolly not pulled as many penalties as UND did, we just don't have the size that drew a few of those calls. I'm not saying it would have been a blow out, but they would have picked the Gopher D apart and we'd have been down by 2 going into the third. A blow out in my mind is 3-4 goal spread minimum. The biggest question you have to ask yourself is this: WHICH Gopher team would have shown up? The one that had to mount a huge return to beat the Air Force, or the one that played Sat night at the X?

W

I think my take on all of this is that 99% of the Sioux fans out there would welcome drinking beer with WPos given his logical and realism driven comments. :lol:

If I recall, BC has 2 national titles, but I see your point. BC has been a college hockey powerhouse for over a decade, so Goofer fans sporting their jersey's doesn't have the same effect as Sioux fans wearing Holy Cross jerseys. No one expected Holy Cross to contend for the national championship, and people can't say the same thing for BC.

The main reason Sioux fans bought Holy Cross jerseys was to mock Gopher fans this year so if Gopher fans want to buy Boston College jerseys to mock Sioux fans so be it. I don't think it has anything to do with BC being a powerhouse and Holy Cross isn't. It has to do with Gopher fans enjoying Boston College ending the Sioux season again and Holy Cross ending the Gopher season last year.

I think my take on all of this is that 99% of the Sioux fans out there would welcome drinking beer with WPos given his logical and realism driven comments. :lol:

We'll take your word for it, T, since you know him, but I don't have a clue what he's ranting about; does seem to show up here, though, after Sioux losses, like several obvious trolls have.

I think my take on all of this is that 99% of the Sioux fans out there would welcome drinking beer with WPos given his logical and realism driven comments. :D

Is that with or without Darts in his hands? :D:lol:;)

Gopher fans wearing BC jerseys to aggrivate Sioux fans would be equal to Sioux fans wearing Holy Cross jerseys to aggrivate Gopher fans. No better, no worse. Either way, you're putting hatred for a rival ahead of supporting your own team. I personally don't agree with or condone it, but each to their own I guess.

If someone wants to wear a B.C. so be it. I am not spending 120 bucks on a B.C. eagle or HC jersey.

I think people are looking way too far into this and making way too much out of something. I haven't heard of anyone bieng arrested for wearing a HC jersey.