SiouxSports.com Forum

BC vs. The Fighting Sioux!

dj_hoime

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think ESPN's coverage has anything to do with how the game goes in either way. I just think that all four teams in the Frozen Four went through a LOT to get to where they are and, just because BC is from New England, it doesn't mean that they deserve more coverage than UND.

I think every team in the Frozen Four deserves equal coverage and equal praise. If you are going to interview a BC player, great! But go out of your way to interview a UND player too. Same thing for parents, fans, and other facts and stats about each team.

See BC fans on the screen doesn't "sicken" me. I just want equal coverage.

I don't know. ESPN has a business to run and if they think they'll get more viewers from Boston than North Dakota then that's their call. (That's not a slam dunk by the way as we're talking college hockey fans and we are pretty well represented.)

The one thing I noticed is that for the BC fans they kept showing the same smallish section. There were a lot more ND fans in attendance. Good job guys.

Look at the bright side....We are not Gopher fans :silly:

Just think the Gopher fans can gloat about us losing but the truth be known we still finished higher than they did the last three years.

I think the fact is UND to get some older guys to stay four years. We can't rely on underclassmen every year. There was a lot of Freshman and Sophmore type mistakes tonight.

I'm not so sure it was a badly officiated game overall.

Think if the ref for tonight's game was Shepherd. I don't think there would have been any penalties called after Finley's. I'm not sure BC's penalties would have been called, that's for sure.

One thing I CAN say about tonight's officiating crew. In the time I watched, they actually called the NCAA crackdown on obstruction pretty well.

Say what you will about the officials, anyways, but I think the officials did a TON better tonight than we would have gotten with a WCHA crew.

I'm not so sure it was a badly officiated game overall.

Think if the ref for tonight's game was Shepherd. I don't think there would have been any penalties called after Finley's. I'm not sure BC's penalties would have been called, that's for sure.

One thing I CAN say about tonight's officiating crew. In the time I watched, they actually called the NCAA crackdown on obstruction pretty well.

Say what you will about the officials, anyways, but I think the officials did a TON better tonight than we would have gotten with a WCHA crew.

Low expectations I see.

I would agree that in general the officiating wasn't too bad. I thought Duncan took a late hit from behind (open ice) in the first. I thought Porter's one penalty going into the boards with the BC player side by side was a dive on the BC players part. And of course the quickest whistle ever in the last couple minutes of the third.

Aside from that up to the last four minutes was fine.

Low expectations I see.

When you endure WCHA officiating, can you really get lower expectations than Greggie-poo's expectations on official quality and accountability?

Face it, the WCHA is the best conference in the nation with the worst officiating crew. When (I believe) an AHA official can out ref "the big boys" in the WCHA, it's just plain sad.

When you endure WCHA officiating, can you really get lower expectations than Greggie-poo's expectations on official quality and accountability?

Face it, the WCHA is the best conference in the nation with the worst officiating crew. When (I believe) an AHA official can out ref "the big boys" in the WCHA, it's just plain sad.

No argument from me.

Low expectations I see.

I would agree that in general the officiating wasn't too bad. I thought Duncan took a late hit from behind (open ice) in the first. I thought Porter's one penalty going into the boards with the BC player side by side was a dive on the BC players part. And of course the quickest whistle ever in the last couple minutes of the third.

Aside from that up to the last four minutes was fine.

The Phantom Call on Finley. That was not an elbow.

I'm pretty neutral although I was leaning towards UND with Oshie and all - but I could tell from the moment I started watching that there was a media tilt towards Boston College, however they were giving UND their dues too. There's always a slight (or major) bias with teams in the Northeast in any league pro or amateur though, so I wouldn't take it personally, not that it's not worth pointing out.

Sorry to see your guys season end that way - just be glad your parents didn't set you up for a life time of dissapointment by taking you to Blues games when you were a kid :silly:

I am to :lol::D Just imagine how the team is feeling right now ;)

I have a feeling that they will rebound, start out slow and make a run again next season.

I just hope we don't bleed to bad in the off season.

He thinks he has the Blues now, just wait. He's going to find that Scottrade Center is the epicenter of disappointment :silly:

Uh...

I think either Phoenix or Chicago have that one down. I can look back a few years to when the Blues were good. I'd have to look back decades to know when Chicago was last decent and Phoenix......

How bad do you think the bleeding will get?

Will Oshie stay? I doubt it. I think his family is pushing to get him to the show.

Duncan will be back right?

Lee will be back. He needs to get bigger and tougher.

Finley needs another year with Bena. just not too much Judy's