SiouxSports.com Forum

BC vs. The Fighting Sioux!

dj_hoime

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough loss, BC is a great team and deserved to win. They were quick and tenacious. Lammy kept us in the game, the Sioux D were not up to snuff, even normally rock steady Taylor Chorney looked like he was having problems. Penalties are part of the game, however, I ask what the refs are doing taking their whistles out every minute in the last five minutes of a national semi-final?! Best part of the end of the regional final against the goofs was the refs let the boys play. I am not going to spout off about reffing, as they don't dictate the outcome of the game, the boys on the ice do. However, NCAA officials: You wrecked the ending of a great hockey game regardless of the outcome. You should not be calling ticky tack penalties in the last five minutes of a national semi-final. The refs didn't cost us the game, but the refs hurt the overall quality of the game. Side note: I met some grat Gopher fans 2 weekends ago, but I may have met the worst Gopher fans in history last night, cheering loudly for BC, spelling Minnesota when BC scored, AND get this MAKING FUN OF BINA'S BROKEN NECK, I haven't been in a physical altercation since early college, but I almost did last night over that.

A buncha thoughts:

1. This was a great Fighting Sioux team. They provided me a lot of fun this season.

2. I don't believe BC was the "better team" last night; they did, however, deserve to win the game. They put on as aggressive a forecheck as I've seen all year, and it kept the Sioux bottled up almost the entire second period. My hat is off to the Eagles for their strategy and their execution.

3. The officiating was a little ticky-tack, but that went both ways.

4. I don't really think the Sioux lost their composure late in the game. I think, instead, that they were flat out tired, and got caught out of position and flat of foot. It takes a lot of effort to battle through the forecheck BC had in place, and it showed.

5. Giving up 20 shots in the second was brutal. The Sioux were lucky to have withstood that barrage. Lamoureux

I guess you were watching a different Finley than I was. I'm not blaming him for anything, but I certainly think he didn't play one of his best games.

I agree.

Overall, I think BC played well enough to win this game. The Sioux didn't give away the game, but what hurts is I think they gave away their best chance to win. Finley didn't have a great game, Lee didn't seem to have a great game, the DOT line was not able to be a great factor 5x5, etc.

I think that untimely/poor penalties that the Sioux took, coupled with BC tying up Sioux players in front of the BC net, while the Sioux DID NOT tie up BC players in front of the Sioux net were the big differences in the game.

I don't think the Sioux offensively clicked as well as they have in the past. The breakout and transition games didn't seem to fire on all cylindars, and that hurt too. But BC kept the Sioux from picking up any rebounds or garbage out front, while BC got too many in close opportunities.

I don't think the Sioux offensively clicked as well as they have in the past. The breakout and transition games didn't seem to fire on all cylindars, and that hurt too. But BC kept the Sioux from picking up any rebounds or garbage out front, while BC got too many in close opportunities.

That's an understatement. We couldn't get anything going during certain parts of the game. I think that more has to do with how well BC played us rather than us not playing well.

You're a spoiled fan. That's my opinion. Live with it.

I would rather be a spoiled Sioux hockey fan that a fan of some of the other lower division teams around college hockey. :lol:

I didn't listen to Tim and Tim last night as I was too depressed to listen to anymore but I see what your saying.

I do agree with what Tim O said earlier before the game started I am tired of 7 I want 8.

Ah who is this clown? Definition of choking would be a regular season and final five champ then getting bounced in the regionals not even making the big dance. Look in your backyard for the choker - azzclown :lol:

I sure he just trolled in. :silly:

Dubay is as much anti-Sioux as many posters here are anti-Gopher. It's just that you'll find people here that will actually stand up for the WCHA even if it isn't UND being stood up for, where Dubay doesn't have the mental maturity to do the same.

Listening to you talk about mental maturity is absolutely priceless. Whenever Dubay has talked about the Sue in the second half of this season he's done nothing but gobble their goo, but nothing is ever good enough for you over sensitive, Gopher obsessed, whiny little babies.

I just got off the phone with the Boston College SID, and he told me my BC game worn jersey from last nights drubbing will be shipped out in 2-4 weeks. You all will get a nice look at it next December at Mariucci West when the Gophers are in town going for their 4th straight win in that arena vs. the Sue.

And Sue is a girls' name.

Hakstool=Woog... can't win the big one.

Listening to you talk about mental maturity is absolutely priceless. Whenever Dubay has talked about the Sue in the second half of this season he's done nothing but gobble their goo, but nothing is ever good enough for you over sensitive, Gopher obsessed, whiny little babies.

I just got off the phone with the Boston College SID, and he told me my BC game worn jersey from last nights drubbing will be shipped out in 2-4 weeks. You all will get a nice look at it next December at Mariucci West when the Gophers are in town going for their 4th straight win in that arena vs. the Sue.

Troll Alert, Troll Alert

Classic stuff, and by the way I can't wait till the Sioux go to REA East and play the Goofers where they are 3-1 in the last four games.

I would rather be a spoiled Sioux hockey fan that a fan of some of the other lower division teams around college hockey. :silly:

I didn't listen to Tim and Tim last night as I was too depressed to listen to anymore but I see what your saying.

I do agree with what Tim O said earlier before the game started I am tired of 7 I want 8.

Who doesn't want No. 8? Hak? The team? Do you think they're purposely denying it to you and other Sioux fans?

Everyone wants it. But wanting it is one thing and acting like it's owed to you is something else.

Who doesn't want No. 8? Hak? The team? Do you think they're purposely denying it to you and other Sioux fans?

Everyone wants it. But wanting it is one thing and acting like it's owed to you is something else.

PCM I am in complete agreement with you. :lol: Nothing is owed in life and the Sioux are not entitlement hockey.

Edited by Goon

PCM I am in complete agreement with you. :silly: Nothing is owed in life and the Sioux are not entitlement hockey.

We're all getting tired of seeing you in that bridesmaid dress. That alone should be enough incentive for the Sioux to win No. 8. :lol:

Does anyone else think it funny that UMHockey tries to do to us with BC's jersey as we did to them with Holy Cross?

I mean, BC has like...what.. 4 or 5 (maybe 5 or 6 come tommorrow night) NCs and Holy Cross is 1-1 in the NCAAs in their lifespan?

Thank you UMHockey for the laugh. Even though I did not participate in the Holy Cross jersey purchasing thing, you certainly came on and justified it. Thanks for the laugh.

Does anyone else think it funny that UMHockey tries to do to us with BC's jersey as we did to them with Holy Cross?

I mean, BC has like...what.. 4 or 5 (maybe 5 or 6 come tommorrow night) NCs and Holy Cross is 1-1 in the NCAAs in their lifespan?

Thank you UMHockey for the laugh. Even though I did not participate in the Holy Cross jersey purchasing thing, you certainly came on and justified it. Thanks for the laugh.

I think BC has two national titles.

If I recall, BC has 2 national titles, but I see your point. BC has been a college hockey powerhouse for over a decade, so Goofer fans sporting their jersey's doesn't have the same effect as Sioux fans wearing Holy Cross jerseys. No one expected Holy Cross to contend for the national championship, and people can't say the same thing for BC.

If I recall, BC has 2 national titles, but I see your point. BC has been a college hockey powerhouse for over a decade, so Goofer fans sporting their jersey's doesn't have the same effect as Sioux fans wearing Holy Cross jerseys. No one expected Holy Cross to contend for the national championship, and people can't say the same thing for BC.

I honestly don't think the gophers would have won last night. Not without Jon Campion anyway.

I must not know my hockey because I didn't think that a game that was 1-1 after 1 and 2-2 after and 3-3 with like 3 minutes to go is a "drubbing" :silly:

Thats not a drubbing in any sense of the imagination.

Exhibit A in why I hate the Rodents. Some A-hole coming on the Sioux board to claim that Sioux fans are Gopher obsessed, whiny little babies. By chance are you the same idiot in Denver that had the brillant "Sue is a girls name sign" that left the arena in tears after the "drubbing" the Sioux put on the Gophers.

Have fun in your BC jersey. It's definately a step above the piss and crap colored uni your sporting now.