SiouxSports.com Forum

BC vs. The Fighting Sioux!

dj_hoime

I think there's a reasonable chance that UND will only lose 2 this offseason in Oshie and Toews.

I think Chorney may actually be back. The rest aren't going anywhere unless they are graduating.

Vandevelde looks like he's coming around and Genoway was getting TONS of love from Melrose and Thorne. He played well too.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Oshie. Hopefully he comes back for another season. We could only be so lucky.

I am praying that he is. The kid is awesome. I feel bad for Porter, he has been one of my favorite grinders for 4 years

along with Fabian.

Uh...

I think either Phoenix or Chicago have that one down. I can look back a few years to when the Blues were good. I'd have to look back decades to know when Chicago was last decent and Phoenix......

True, the poor Blackhawks are a mess.

What a great season, great semi-final game, Boston College out played us in spurts and outshot us like 2 to 1. We never gave up and played hard to the finish, made a couple of costly mistakes in the last 6-7 minutes. Boston College will win it all.

Congratulations Coaches, Players and Staff Great Job this Year!

I think his family is pushing to get him to the show.

I remember talking to T.J.'s dad the fall T.J. came to the U. His dad said then that T. J. would be here four years. I recently heard an interview with T.J.'s dad where he said that the Blue's family wanted T.J. to stay in school for three years.

I believe T.J. loves the Fighting Sioux program and his fellow players but agree, if he leaves it will be because of family.......

Another trip to the Frozen Four, another loss. :D

Ever since 2001, we can't win the big game in hockey or any other sport. I won't list them here, most of us know which games and sports I am talking about and frankly, I'm not in the mood. :silly:

I am not bashing any of our players or coaches or anyone else; I will support this program (and all of our other programs) forever. But at some point, just getting there isn't good enough anymore. This loss really, really hurts. And now we can sit back and watch as another half-dozen or so players leave school early and Hak is left with a bunch of question marks and not enough answers come October. What a great offseason THIS is going to be. :lol:

I couldn't care less about Saturday's game now, I don't plan on even watching it. And if that sounds like a sore loser, then so be it. I really don't care.

October can't get here soon enough.

I remember talking to T.J.'s dad the fall T.J. came to the U. His dad said then that T. J. would be here four years. I recently heard an interview with T.J.'s dad where he said that the Blue's family wanted T.J. to stay in school for three years.

I believe T.J. loves the Fighting Sioux program and his fellow players but agree, if he leaves it will be because of family.......

I love to hear that. Even one more year of getting to watch him would be great. His puck handling skills are incredible. OK his whole game is incredible. I must be listening to the wrong people, that Dakota Husby keeps leading me astray.

If they can keep these guys around next year looks pretty promising.

Famous last words.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Oshie back next season. I'm not guaranteeing anything, only saying that I wouldn't be shocked to see him in a Sioux uniform again.

Another trip to the Frozen Four, another loss. :lol:

Ever since 2001, we can't win the big game in hockey or any other sport. I won't list them here, most of us know which games and sports I am talking about and frankly, I'm not in the mood. :silly:

You kind of sum up what I am thinking I LOVE THE SIOUX but I really am sick of just being there. ANd I am not knocking this years team because 3 months ago all of us would have taken this ending, but I just know we had more in us that we left on the table and that is Disappointing. But the best team won and I wish the BC eagles well, but I hope Michigan state wins it.

Things we had going for us tonight that said we were going to win...

-We wore black

-Dubay picked BC

-Bob Norton picked BC

-We scored 4 goals

-The alternating streak between us and BC, saying we should win this time

-We were the only WCHA team left....a WCHA team was supposed to win

-We were supposed to play MSU again 20 years later

-We had the streak of every 10 years going for us, 1987 and 1997

-First year Hak gets to the Nat'l Championship and loses. Second year Hak makes the Frozen Four, but loses before the NC. Third year he was supposed to get the 3rd Frozen Four leg and win it all.

-We all had our superstitions going.

I'm probably missing some, but WHAT WENT WRONG?

No excuses...we just didn't get it done.

I agree with this. That call on Finley was an absolute joke. I want to blame the refs for this loss but you can't give up 40 + shots an expect to win.

Oh, I don't know, I'd like to be on the winning side of one of those 'hot goaltender' games for once. How come that phenomenon never works in our favor?

Another trip to the Frozen Four, another loss. :D

I am not bashing any of our players or coaches or anyone else; I will support this program (and all of our other programs) forever. But at some point, just getting there isn't good enough anymore. This loss really, really hurts. And now we can sit back and watch as another half-dozen or so players leave school early and Hak is left with a bunch of question marks and not enough answers come October. What a great offseason THIS is going to be. :lol:

I couldn't care less about Saturday's game now, I don't plan on even watching it. And if that sounds like a sore loser, then so be it. I really don't care.

October can't get here soon enough.

I can agree with you. I'm not even going to watch the championship game now...unless I'm bored and have nothing else better to do. Congrats to BC though and good luck to them winning #3 even though the Spartans got my fan support.

Also as I've said before this loss wasn't as stinging and painful as the 1-0 to Denver in the regionals a few years back. That was truly our year IMO!!

I fear the worst, but I don't think another year of college hockey would hurt his career one bit.

Thats what makes it sad their kids. If we could only lose one I would be happy. If we can return the corps the Sioux could make a run again.

One of these years UND is going to win it again.

What am I going to do on Saturday now? My two year old only knows how to root for the Sioux he does understand hockey enough to watch anyone besides the Sioux. Ugh :silly:

I am going to go to work and watch the game. I just hope State wins. My bracket is shot. Maybe my Master's pool will do ok.

Oh, I don't know, I'd like to be on the winning side of one of those 'hot goaltender' games for once. How come that phenomenon never works in our favor?

Maybe because you need a quality goaltender for the phenomenon to work. This loss isn't all PL's fault but the last two goals before the empty netters were saveable.

Maybe because you need a quality goaltender for the phenomenon to work. This loss isn't all PL's fault but the last two goals before the empty netters were saveable.

I thought he played good up until the goal that went through his glove. The one that really burned my butt was the empty netter.

:silly:

Ok, enough of the feeling like crap!!! Geeze Louise. Our team has made it to the F4 three friggin' years in a row. We didn't win and it hurts. But fu@kin' A, we made it to the F4 three friggin' years in a row!!

I'm going to St. Louis Saturday and I'm going to celebrate the success of our athletes. The best hockey players in the WCHA and as far as I'm concerned the best in the country.

I'm sad but I'm damned proud!!

HERE'S TO EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU, TO OUR FIGHTING SIOUX HOCKEY TEAM AND COACHES!!!!