SiouxSports.com Forum

Tom Buning and Gene Taylor on KFGO Today

CDog

Are you sure you didn't pay SDSU something for that game? I have a hard time believing that SDSU would travel to the fargo dome twice in a row with no compensation from NDSU for their lost home game (which likely would have netted them quite a bit of money also at home). Even if it was scheduled by the conference that way, I would think some sort of compensation would be in order for playing two games in a row at the fargodome.

We will send SDSU their check as soon as SUU writes NDSU a 150k check for making us travel to Cedar City for 2 straight years. If you didn't know SDSU is on the same rotation as Cal Poly, 1 home game one year and three the next year so nobody owes anybody anything thats just the way schedules were worked out.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux fans can't you just be patient and wait util 2009? Taylor said its not a matter of if but when and I think the when is 2009 and that wouldn't be a bad time to start it up again. UND will be more established in the FCS and Taylor will be able to say to the people who hate the idea of playing UND that he made UND suffer the same fate of NDSU by not giving them any help in year 1 of the transition(AKA the year of scheduling hell). I also agree with Taylor and I don't really like the idea of starting the rivalry up again and then stopping it right away, NDSU is not going to play UND in 2008 and if we get into the Gateway I don't know if there would be room on the schedule to play UND in 08.

Sioux fans can't you just be patient and wait util 2009? Taylor said its not a matter of if but when and I think the when is 2009 and that wouldn't be a bad time to start it up again.

I want to see the rivalry renewed and I don't have any problem waiting until 2009 for it to happen. If Taylor would come out and specifically say "2009", I think the discussion on this topic would die (at least from UND's perspective). But he hasn't and so people continue to speculate and debate it.

When NDSU fans accusingly talk about the hatred between the schools, they are speaking about their own heart-felt emotions. There is a very one-sided hatred here and it is not coming from UND fans. Look at the Bison board (heaven help me): it is filled with screed after screed of UND venom. Here, there are less than half the number of posts, and many of them are by Bison fans or Bison fans masquerading as Sioux fans. When NDSU changes its school song that is mockingly derogatory and obscene about UND, and when NDSU fans no longer rejoice in that song, then I could possibly agree that the emotions in this issue are not one-sided.

Gee, I'd call your post proof that the hatred is not one-sided.

BTW - refresh my memory, which NDSU "school song" is mockingly derogatory and obscene about UND? I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

I want to see the rivalry renewed and I don't have any problem waiting until 2009 for it to happen. If Taylor would come out and specifically say "2009", I think the discussion on this topic would die (at least from UND's perspective). But he hasn't and so people continue to speculate and debate it.

I am in total agreement with this statement. I wouldn't mind if we had to wait and didn't see it until 2009 either.

BTW - refresh my memory, which NDSU "school song" is mockingly derogatory and obscene about UND? I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

If you play "Yellow and the Green" backwards you can hear Joe Chapman saying derogatory things about Native Americans.

Gee, I'd call your post proof that the hatred is not one-sided.

I am competitive, but not hateful. Seemingly you don't understand the difference.

As far as a school song, does "On the Plains" ring a gong in your bell?

As further evidence of UND's lack of obsession with NDSU, the thought of UND fans, when playing Minnesota, starting an anti-NDSU chant is absurd. For NDSU fans in a similar circumstance, anti-UND chants were a reality.

I am competitive, but not hateful. Seemingly you don't understand the difference.

As far as a school song, does "On the Plains" ring a gong in your bell?

As further evidence of UND's lack of obsession with NDSU, the thought of UND fans, when playing Minnesota, starting an anti-NDSU chant is absurd. For NDSU fans in a similar circumstance, that is reality.

Found this one the internet:

"On the plains of North Dakota, out for all the world to see, stands an old abondoned outhouse, and they call it UND. Hail the Bison, Hail the Bison, with our tails up in the air. University, University, Sioux can kiss what's under there. Bison once, Bison twice, Bison thrice, Jesus jumpin' jehosaphat, cock sucker mother f*cker spit tobacco chew. We're the mighty Bison, who the f*ck are you?""

Not sure why calling UND an outhouse is derogitory???

Yea, I heard that some of the Bison fans were chanting about UND at the Metrodome... I also have witnessed students chanting F*ck the Bison at a game at the Winona game this fall.... I don't think that most of the NDSU or UND fans hate. I do think however that there are people from both sides who take it too far.

Found this one the internet:

"On the plains of North Dakota, out for all the world to see, stands an old abondoned outhouse, and they call it UND. Hail the Bison, Hail the Bison, with our tails up in the air. University, University, Sioux can kiss what's under there. Bison once, Bison twice, Bison thrice, Jesus jumpin' jehosaphat, cock sucker mother f*cker spit tobacco chew. We're the mighty Bison, who the f*ck are you?""

Not sure why calling UND an outhouse is derogitory???

Yea, I heard that some of the Bison fans were chanting about UND at the Metrodome... I also have witnessed students chanting F*ck the Bison at a game at the Winona game this fall.... I don't think that most of the NDSU or UND fans hate. I do think however that there are people from both sides who take it too far.

That's hardly an NDSU "school song", certainly not one that school officials would have any control over, as was implied by Star2City.

Anyway, there's plenty of hatred and animosity on both sides. Anyone who denies that just isn't being truthful.

... the thought of UND fans, when playing Minnesota, starting an anti-NDSU chant is absurd. For NDSU fans in a similar circumstance, anti-UND chants were a reality.

We, including our AD :lol: , are too busy "sieving" Jeff Frazee (from 170 feet). :lol:

So RT was stupid to stop scheduling NDSU in all sports? :lol:

IMO, yes. I've said all along that they should have kept playing. I just have maintained that the reason he gave, in football anyways, was warranted: because it hurts playoff chances at the time. Same reason that Taylor doesn't want to play in 2008 which is a solid reason that I agree with. Now, explain to me why he doesn't want to play in 2007? Stupid is as stupid does.

A few points.

NDSU has three school songs. "On Bison" and "Fight Song" are our fight songs and "Yellow and Green" is our alma mater. "On the Plains" is an unofficial tradition, not a school song.

I believe SDSU played in Fargo twice because UNC leaving the Great West messed up the rotation.

As far as the financial benefits of a Bison/Sioux game, what would you expect UND to get? Would it be a guarantee, a cut of the gate, a home/home, or nothing at all. I doubt any of you would accept nothing, and a home/home is not possible at the moment since almost all agree that a 2008 game is out of the question and no one yet knows where NDSU will be in 2009. If a guarantee is chosen, how much should NDSU pay? Should we treat you like any old DII and pay you the same as we did Concordia(SP), or should we treat you like a FCS and pay you comperably? Personally, I don't want to deal with those questions and the angry fan bases those answers would cause. A single 2007 game is just not worth it, no matter the outcome. Sure we might make an extra $25,000 or so, but that's just a drop in a $10,000,000 budget.

Also, did those 2 for 1's even happen this year? I asked for them at a Stop-n-Go one game this year, and they didn't know anything about it. It was homecoming, so that might've been it, but still...

2-4-1 on every game but homecoming(I think they charge more for that one?).

If the Sioux and Bison play this year, how about NDSU pay UND the same as what they paid Concordia-st. paul and NDSU takes the same amount they made against them and then UND gets the difference over and above.

2-4-1 on every game but homecoming(I think they charge more for that one?).

If the Sioux and Bison play this year, how about NDSU pay UND the same as what they paid Concordia-st. paul and NDSU takes the same amount they made against them and then UND gets the difference over and above.

Boy all you guy's want so bad to play now where were you in 2004,5,6? Fact is you need NDSU to jump start your DI move. Well it ain't going to happen. :lol:

face it...Gene T is just beating his chest now (because he can) "PROMISING" the teammakers he will "never" schedule UND - to a standing ovation no less. What the hell does he have to lose saying that NOW? (translation for you Bison dopes....NOTHING) Don't worry...when '09 rolls around and UND has been "suitably" punished in Navy boy's opinion...they'll play again! He'll make up some "excuse" for that year and they'll play again...and again...you don't turn down 20,000 in the house even if it means 2 years of purgatory in that cavernous FARGOBARN!!

(Wouldn't be a hoot if UND beat ndsu in '09 and '10!! :D - then went on to rout them at the Al in '11?? :lol: ) PRICELESS!

face it...Gene T is just beating his chest now (because he can) "PROMISING" the teammakers he will "never" schedule UND - to a standing ovation no less. What the hell does he have to lose saying that NOW? (translation for you Bison dopes....NOTHING) Don't worry...when '09 rolls around and UND has been "suitably" punished in Navy boy's opinion...they'll play again! He'll make up some "excuse" for that year and they'll play again...and again...you don't turn down 20,000 in the house even if it means 2 years of purgatory in that cavernous FARGOBARN!!

(Wouldn't be a hoot if UND beat ndsu in '09 and '10!! :D - then went on to rout them at the Al in '11?? :lol: ) PRICELESS!

The only cavernous building that's mostly empty during fb games is in the north valley. I think you know where. ;)

Huh? Isn't Gene Taylor turning down "20,000 in the house" by not scheduling UND in 2007? The economics of a game with UND will not be any different in 2009 and 2010. IF NDSU turned down the 2007 game, they can, and I think will, turn down the 2009 and 2010 games. This isn't about selling out the FargoDome.

What is wrong with resuming the FB game in 2009? All this speculation is going to drive people on both sides insane and make this rivalry uglier than it already is, if that's possible. Let me give you my observations on some scenarios, if you will:

1) game is played in 2007

Why? Wouldn't it be preferable for UND to get their schollies & recruiting up so there can be no excuses from either side? I, as a Bison fan, would much rather see a fully-funded (63 or 57) UND team play The Herd. "Level the playing field".

2)game is played in 2008

No way NDSU agrees to this because of playoff implications and UND's "non-counter" status. Even a Bison victory counts against us and that is unacceptable. You guys, of all people, should be able to identify with that (ala 2004). That's a moot point and, for that matter, another reason not to play in 2007.

3)game is played in 2009.

Bingo. Hopefully by now 2 criteria have been met. NDSU is in the Gateway and UND is now fully funded (hooray :lol: ) and is now a "counter". Bison have 8 conference games guaranteed per year and need only to fill 3 open OOC dates, one of which should by all means be UND. UND comes to the FFD for first game, then a yearly home & home rotation begins.

Is that so disagreeable? Let's get it on in 2009.

GO BISON!!!

To Bison Dan and other SU-Fargo supporters take the high road play the sioux. I think the dislike for GF and UND started long before RT. It has to do with the degrees UND offers you of course in Fargo could do a much better job producing doctors and lawyers. Fargo and GF are joined at the hip. How many salesmen come to GF every day and take money back to Fargo. How many of the big spenders at teammakers make money in GF. Make a business decision take the high road play. I see alot of really ugly posts I wonder if this is what they teach there children. My name is Brad Moe I live in GF I played on the 1970 state Basketball Champs at Central. I have loved every Sioux Bison game over the years even in the 80's when we lost every football game. The sun did come up the next day. This talk about how bad things are now that we cannot play is grade school mentality. Your adults act like it.

It has to do with degrees that UND offers?? :D;):lol: