SiouxSports.com Forum

Tom Buning and Gene Taylor on KFGO Today

CDog

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gothmog, do you live in the Cities? If so, perhaps you and MplsBison could go out for a drink after work and discuss the merits of UND/NDSU scheduling. :(

Sorry, just having some fun.

Sorry, the guy really frustrates me. I'll take my own advice and take a step away from this topic.

Here's a question to anyone:

What happened such that you never would've missed any NDSU/UND game from 2003 and before, IE it was the 1 game that you had to see every year, to never wanting to play them again?

What possibly could have been done to go from such polar opposite extremes?

Sorry, the guy really frustrates me. I'll take my own advice and take a step away from this topic.

There's a very good reason he was voted the Most Annoying Poster of 2006 over on AnyGivenSaturday with 18.87% of the vote. Heck, DaveK only got 5.66%.

What happened? I'll tell you what happened...

1. NDSU jumped ship on the NCC

2. NDSU expected UND to continue the series as a D2 vs. D1-AA. I guess since they couldn't win the game on a level playing field they thought this might be the way to finally beat the Sioux again.

3. NDSU whined like little girls when Roger Thomas told them in not so many words to go F themselves in response to their idea of how the Bison might get the Nickel back.

That is why I have no use for NDSU and could care less if they ever play again.

Hasn't this been discussed before? Why again DaveK??? Yawn.

Hasn't this been discussed before? Why again DaveK??? Yawn.

Long time reader first time poster.... I agree. This subject is really boring and DaveK looks like an idiot once again... Let the flaming begin.

DaveK says he doesn't need or care about playing NDSU ever again. bull$%!#! This is the same guy who rips NDSU and spews records in his signature line.... Dumbass....

Here's a few stats for you DaveK... Since 1970, NDSU is 20-15 over the Sioux. Here's another stat for you.... Since NDSU and UND joined the NCC the record is 27-28 against the Sioux. Sure, UND has had the upperhand over the past few years but in the end it's been a very even competition.

Get over it. I love how you used the term "jump ship". It's perfect since d2 was slowly sinking. We didn't "run and hide". We didn't move up to "win back the nickel" We wanted to continue the rivalry with UND and Roger told us that he didn't want to play us in any sports (even those where the schollys were equal). His choice. Not ours.

Now, UND is moving D1 in all sports and the complaining just won't stop from you guys.

How not to make new friends on siouxsports.com:

Step 1: Complain about how Roger Thomas treated NDSU badly and it hurt NDSU's feelings, all while telling UND fans how great NDSU really is. It isn't like that one hasn't been spouted before here.

Step 2: Lump all UND fans with DaveK.

How not to make new friends on siouxsports.com:

Step 1: Complain about how Roger Thomas treated NDSU badly and it hurt NDSU's feelings, all while telling UND fans how great NDSU really is. It isn't like that one hasn't been spouted before here.

Step 2: Lump all UND fans with DaveK.

I appologize for lumping all UND fans in with DaveK. My bad. I would not want to be lumped into a category with LakesBison so I totally get it. Again... my bad.

Also, i'm not complaining about Roger Thomas. He made a decision and he thought that was in the best interest of UND. I can't fault him for that. However, I can't sit back and have DaveK rip NDSU as if it's somehow NDSU's fault that we're no longer playing.

If NDSU plays a game at the Alerus, UND will play at the Fargodome... which in turn is a money making opportunity for NDSU.

Nope, you can't consider the pair of games.

You can only consider that NDSU would not make a single cent from the game at the Alerus.

If calling a spade a spade makes me look like an idiot... uhhhh, okay, if that's how you choose to see it knock yourself out. I have no time to deal with people like you. I stand by my opinion.

FACT: NDSU and UND had a long standing rivalry in all sports. NDSU decided to move all sports to D1 (D1-AA for football). Roger Thomas decided not only to NOT play NDSU in football (understandable by me) but in all other sports. It was a over reaction to a situation and while NDSU might have "ruined" the football rivalry (not intentionally... after all our D1 move was more than just about football), Thomas decided to ruin the rivalry IN ALL OTHER SPORTS. Nice Job Roger.

DaveK, you can believe what you want but the facts are clear. Spinning it after all of these years only makes you look foolish.