SiouxSports.com Forum

Wcha First Round Playoffs

farce poobah

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North Dakota, Colorado, Minnesota-Duluth, Wisconsin & Minnesota.

Taking into account the "historical" past and the "greats" of recent years, I would be most impressed if the above listed teams all made it. If fact, it seems as if the current pairings would allow it and make for some pretty good final five action with:

- Wisconsin v. Minnesota (Friday night game... BIG attendance)

- UND v. Minnesota-Duluth (some early Thursday revenge for UND after slapping UM-D around the ice for 110 of 120 minutes two weekends ago but letting them walk out of Grand Forks with 3 points!)

- UND v. CC (no need for comment... would be a GREAT game)

The final would see the best WCHA attendance "draw" imaginable... the Fighting Sioux v. Golden Gophers... with the Sioux locking up an automatic NCAA bid with the win.

You heard it here first...

???

Taking into account the "historical" past and the "greats" of recent years, I would be most impressed if the above listed teams all made it. If fact, it seems as if the current pairings would allow it and make for some pretty good final five action

Agreed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the field is reseeded for the Final 5. The Sioux would get bumped up to a Friday night tilt against the Gophers, with Wisco and Duluth in the play-in. I knew there was a reason we gave a s&*t about fourth place! ???

Predictions: All home teams advance, with Duluth and the Sioux needing Sunday night to do it, and the RubeIdiot pulls into the garage in the Twin Cities roughly 2 a.m Monday morning with little or no voice left. ??????

Let's Go Sioux!!!! Let's Go Sioux!!!!

SCSU over Duluth in two

Wisconsin over Mankato in three

UND over Denver in two

CC over AA in two

Gophers over Michigan Tech in two

WCHA final Five

Thursday night play in game

SCSU vs Wisconsin.. SCSU wins

Friday afternoon

CC over SCSU

Friday Night

UND over MN 6-2

Saturday afternoon

MN over SCSU 4-3

Saturday evening

UND 6 CC 5 OT..Sioux win Sioux win Sioux win

?????????:):(

Agreed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the field is reseeded for the Final 5. The Sioux would get bumped up to a Friday night tilt against the Gophers, with Wisco and Duluth in the play-in. I knew there was a reason we gave a s&*t about fourth place! ;)

Predictions: All home teams advance, with Duluth and the Sioux needing Sunday night to do it, and the RubeIdiot pulls into the garage in the Twin Cities roughly 2 a.m Monday morning with little or no voice left. :D;)

If wisconsin can beat mankato. I don't think that will happen. ;)

Taking into account the "historical" past and the "greats" of recent years, I would be most impressed if the above listed teams all made it. If fact, it seems as if the current pairings would allow it and make for some pretty good final five action with:

- Wisconsin v. Minnesota (Friday night game... BIG attendance)

- UND v. Minnesota-Duluth (some early Thursday revenge for UND after slapping UM-D around the ice for 110 of 120 minutes two weekends ago but letting them walk out of Grand Forks with 3 points!)

- UND v. CC (no need for comment... would be a GREAT game)

The final would see the best WCHA attendance "draw" imaginable... the Fighting Sioux v. Golden Gophers... with the Sioux locking up an automatic NCAA bid with the win.

You heard it here first...

;)

There is no way hell that Wisconsin beats MSU-M. Its a nice senario, and nothing would be sweeter but it is not in the cards, Wisconsin cant even cycle the puck to get it out of their own end. How the heck are they going to beat MSU-Mankato. People are dreaming in saying that Wisconsin beats Mankato. Just my opinion.

I wouldn't be surprise if Eaves isn't shown the door soon...

Since moving to the new Mariucci, MN has not lost a single first round playoff game. I would be surprised if that changed this year.

SCSU has a decent chance to upset UMD and DU has a slight chance to upset UND - mainly because they have good goaltending and great open field tacklers.

CC - AA couldn't score in a whorehouse

MN - MTU may give MN a game, but they don't have the horses and their goaltending is not overly spectacular.

MSU-M - As a team, UW is completely baffled.

UND - If UND gets it's share of power plays it will be UND at the X on Thursday. And with the way DU plays there should be plenty o' power plays.

UMD - Unlesss SCSU plays like it's fan think they can play, they will be at the X on Thursday. But reality will suck for SCSU because they aren't that good...

I agree Goon. There is no way AA or WI wins. I think the only team in the bottom 3 who even would have a chance is Tech and I don't believe that will happen either. Not in a 3 game series agains the goofs.

Tech and Wisconsin advancing is a nice scenario butI Just don't see how it could happen unless the Mankato and Minnesota teams had half of their players suspended.

As bad as the 8, 9, and 10 place teams have played I just don't see any upsets against CC, Minnesota or Mankato.

I don't have a clue who will win with SCSU and Duluth. Heck SCSU looks good one night (last Saturday's game against Minnesota) and gets beat and tied against Wisconsin the week before. Duluth looks good against the Sioux and then lose to Tech at home. Who the heck knows here.

The Sioux Denver series should be a great series. I think people forget that Denver was picked to win the league this year and still have two of the top goalies in the league. Here's hoping the Sioux have got their puck luck back and can put a few by Berkhoel and Dubie. We also need the special temas to play well to get the wins.

I'd say:

CC over UAA big in two

Minnesota over Tech big in two (Minnesota has just been hot lately)

Mankato over Wisconsin in two (gees I can't remember the last time I cheered for the Badgers)

Duluth over SCSU in three (Duluth goalies stand on their heads again and are the difference)

North Dakota over Denver in three ( Lundbohm has a great series)

I agree that it's wishful thinking to expect an upset in the top three series. But I'm not above a little wishing every now and then. We should be big Wisconsin fans this weekend. Not only would a Wisconsin victory have huge implications for the following weekend's schedule (provided the Sioux make it to St. Paul), but it might affect the PWR rankings as well.

Here are the steps (I'm a PWR novice):

Records against TUCs is a PWR comparison.

Teams with an RPI greater than .500 are TUCs.

Wisconsin's RPI is something like .4972, making them among the teams with the highest RPI's not qualifying as a TUC.

If Wisconsin won this weekend, perhaps they would become a TUC.

UND's record against TUCs is not outstanding (7-7-4?).

UND's record against TUCs (with Wisconsin included) would be 11-7-4.

UND might be able to win more comparisons with other teams if their TUC record was greater.

It is not inconceivable that Wisconsin could win. In the two teams' only meeting this year, in January, MSUM won 3-2 in OT, followed by a 4-4 tie the next night. Bruckler, you rock. You can do it. To the rest of the players: win, or you get a closed-door meeting with the coach.

Remember the Sioux still need to beat the Pioneers before everyone starts to worry about getting the #3 seed in the Final Five. ;)

With that being said, here are my predictions.

CC over AA in 2 : No questions on this one.

MN over MT in 2 : One close game, one beating.

MN-M over UW in 3 : Badgers show pride one night, slaughtered other 2

UND over DU in 3 : Three tough games, DU goes down fighting

Duluth over SCSUcks in 3 : Close series, Goaltending wins it for Duluth

Sioux possibly are playing the best team in the WCHA, who didn't get home ice. If we don't play good and the holding isn't called the Sioux will have problems making it to St. Paul.

Lets worry about how the Final Five will play out next week. Go SIOUX. :D

CC over AA in 2 (no brainer...if the games are close, it's all Kevin Reiter)

Gophers over Tech in 3 (I believe Cam Ellsworth will steal one for Tech)

Mankato over Wisconsin in 2 (I'm sorry, but the fact is Wisconsin sucks, as much as I would like to see an upset)

Sioux will take Denver in 3 (We're back...we're a force to be reckond with at home)

Duluth will dispose of St. Cloud in 2(I don't think Ryan Malone is 100%...SCSU - Malone = Snowballs chance in hell)

Final Five...Sioux will get revenge on Duluth, Minnesota will take care of Mankato, the winner of CC and the Sioux will win the Final Five...I'll be at Xcel to represent and cheer on the Sioux

MN fans should (gasp!) be cheering for UW this weekend as well for PWR reasons.

Sioux and Gophers fans should not bother cheering for Bucky. If they swept MSU, they would become a TUC momentarily. However, after losing at the X they would fall below the threshold.

Although a Gophs/Sioux semi would be fun.

Siouxrock- you really make yourself look like a fool with the constant errors in your grammar. You must think it is funny and do it on purpose.

Here are my predicitons for this weekend:

CC over AA in 2

MSU over Wisco in 3 - After watching Wisco a few games this year I don't know how they can win a game, but I think they will play with some pride this series.

Minnesota over Tech in 2

Sioux over Denver in 3-hopefully the crowd is really into it.

UMD over SCSU in 3

dont worry, i am ont hte RR hockeuy  team

hope  to be on the sioux

Dude--- I have problems buying the fact that the good folks over at Red River HS would allow someone to play hockey for them that can't SPELL THE WORD HOCKEY!!!

I have refrained from saying anything, but the grammar gods are crying!!

Please take the time to type out what you want to say, and then proof-read it.