jimdahl

I only count one bye week in September.

01 SEP - BYE

08 SEP - Southern Utah

15 SEP - Central Washington

22 SEP - Western Washington

29 SEP - Augustana (jimdahl guestimate)

Sorry, I guess I can only read words that are underlined. :silly:

I am curious as to what you all attribute this difficulty in scheduling to. I wouldn't have expected this until next year with the transition. It just surprises me a little to see this trouble for you now.

My guess is that it is partly because this is UND's last year of DII. There were lots of quality DII's looking for games (according to D2football.com) this off season that would have been very attractive for UND. North Alabama, Washburn, Emporia, Tusculum, to name a few. But most of them were looking for home-and-home agreements. With the SUU game, UND needed at least one more home game for 2007. If we didn't have an FCS already on the schedule, I wouldn't have been surprised to see UND travel to one of those places and get the return game for 2008, when it'll be even harder to get home games.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that will pretty much wrap up the 2007 scheduling, unless there's a road bodybag game in works. I can't imagine another home game coming, with this one being scheduled on a Thursday night in mid-August (I'm reading into the situation that they exhausted all of their other options....could be wrong, though). Is it opening kickoff yet?

Actually, the Thursday night, home, bodybag game to kickoff the season can be a good time. We started off last year against Quincy on a Thursday night, wasn't too bad of a time. Had do some power tailgating after work, then had to go to work the next day. On second thought, Thursday night games pretty much suck. But you have to schedule somebody sometime.

I understand that our main goal is trying to find regional games and setting ourselves up as well as possible to win one more National Championship in DII. But this late in the game and with 10 games already scheduled, I wouldn't mind seeing another FCS home and home scheduled. Any more home games that we can get scheduled for that difficult 2008 season or even '09 will help out in the transition. There is a thread on anygivensaturday.com talking about FCS schools that still have open dates. (To be completely honest, there aren't too many names on this list that really jump out at me. NAU or ASU would be my first choice, but the dates don't really line up. But we will need home games in '08.) Just a thought.

September 1

Howard

September 8

Valpo

ASU

September 15

NAU

La Salle

Valpo

ASU

September 22

Davidson

Valpo

Prarie View A&M

Savannah State

September 29

None

October 6

Howard

October 13

ASU

October 20

Duquesne

Sacred Heart

Prarie View A&M

La Salle

October 27

Robert Morris

November 3

Duquesne

November 10

St Peters

Savannah State

November 17

NAU

St Peters

Robert Morris

Sacred Heart

Davidson

Valpo

I understand that our main goal is trying to find regional games and setting ourselves up as well as possible to win one more National Championship in DII. But this late in the game and with 10 games already scheduled, I wouldn't mind seeing another FCS home and home scheduled. Any more home games that we can get scheduled for that difficult 2008 season or even '09 will help out in the transition. There is a thread on anygivensaturday.com talking about FCS schools that still have open dates. (To be completely honest, there aren't too many names on this list that really jump out at me. NAU or ASU would be my first choice, but the dates don't really line up. But we will need home games in '08.) Just a thought.

September 1

Howard

September 8

Valpo

ASU

September 15

NAU

La Salle

Valpo

ASU

September 22

Davidson

Valpo

Prarie View A&M

Savannah State

September 29

None

October 6

Howard

October 13

ASU

October 20

Duquesne

Sacred Heart

Prarie View A&M

La Salle

October 27

Robert Morris

November 3

Duquesne

November 10

St Peters

Savannah State

November 17

NAU

St Peters

Robert Morris

Sacred Heart

Davidson

Valpo

September 29th is Homecoming, I don't remember who we are playing but we will be playing at home that weekend.

September 1

Howard

September 8

Valpo

ASU

September 15

NAU

La Salle

Valpo

ASU

September 22

Davidson

Valpo

Prarie View A&M

Savannah State

September 29

None

October 6

Howard

October 13

ASU

October 20

Duquesne

Sacred Heart

Prarie View A&M

La Salle

October 27

Robert Morris

November 3

Duquesne

November 10

St Peters

Savannah State

November 17

NAU

St Peters

Robert Morris

Sacred Heart

Davidson

Valpo

November 17th at Northern Arizona wouldn't be bad. When is the first round of the D2 playoffs?

Apparently, there must have been a lot of wheeling and dealing, as Humboldt State has been listed as West Texas A&M's opponent on Aug 25th for almost two months. On D2football.com's independent board, it is speculated that UND bought out WTAMU's game with Humboldt and USD will travel to WTAMU in place of Humboldt. Presumably, either USD gets WTAMU at home next year, or UND/USD will have another arrangement with a third school (with USD at home, UND away). Regardless, UND/USD seem to be helping each other out.

West Texas A&M Football Schedule

Feb. 26, 2007

CANYON, Texas - Searching for a third consecutive Lone Star Conference Championship under head coach Don Carthel, the West Texas A&M football team announced its 2007 schedule on Monday, with 11 games on the slate for the upcoming year.

The Buffs will kick off the year on Aug. 25 at Kimbrough Memorial Stadium as they host Humboldt State in a 6 p.m. match up. The Jacks, an independent Division II school from Arcata, Calif., will be a worthy opponent after finishing with a 9-1 record a season ago.

Aug. 25 Humboldt State Canyon, Texas 6 p.m.

Apparently, there must have been a lot of wheeling and dealing, as Humboldt State has been listed as West Texas A&M's opponent on Aug 25th for almost two months. On D2football.com's independent board, it is speculated that UND bought out WTAMU's game with Humboldt and USD will travel to WTAMU in place of Humboldt. Presumably, either USD gets WTAMU at home next year, or UND/USD will have another arrangement with a third school (with USD at home, UND away). Regardless, UND/USD seem to be helping each other out.

West Texas A&M Football Schedule

Does buying out WTA&M so we can play Humboldt State benefit UND other than providing a 10-game schedule?

Does buying out WTA&M so we can play Humboldt State benefit UND other than providing a 10-game schedule?

If USD is really going to Texas, their non-conference schedule would be @ WTAMU, @ McNeese St, H Winona St. Not sure that USD would really want road trips to Lake Charles and the Amarillo area within a month. It may be that USD attempts to schedule an earlier D2 home game and can exit out of the McNeese game. Since McNeese is also scheduled to play at S. Utah, UND and McNeese could refinangle the dates that they play at Cedar City (both McNeese and SUU have Sept open dates) and UND could play at McNeese as well as at SUU. Doubt this would actually happen, but game scheduling at this late date could often involve four or five schools.

According to the WTAMU fans the USD/WTAMU game has been finalized.

From the D2football board, LSC section:

USD is confirmed (after 5pm today) for Kimbrough, Thursday night, August 30. Both university presidents and AD's have agreed & both from USD plan to attend - seems as though they are trying to help build up this game.

Should be one of the biggest matchups in D2 early in the season.

I guess we won't be taking any grief for a weak nonconf schedule ala 2005.

2007 Nonconference opponents

@WTAMU

Winona in Vermillion

@ McNeese St.

Even though Humboldt is an independant, I believe they are still considered a part of the Northwest Region. Maybe somebody else knows for sure. But if that is the case, it would help UND in having another regional game/win.

Ok, I don't remember what all games you all said we were playing, but next year's schedule according to the spring game program is as follows:

Aug. 23 Humboldt State Alerus 7pm

Sept. 8 at Southern Utah Cedar City, Utah 7pm

Sept. 15 Central Washington* (Potato Bowl) Alerus 1pm

Sept. 22 at Western Washington* Bellingham Wash. 8pm

Sept. 29 Augustanta* (Hall of Fame/Homecoming) 1pm

Oct. 6 at Minnesota State* Mankato, MN 3pm

Oct. 13 Nebraska-Omaha* Alerus 1pm

Oct. 27 at Minn-Duluth* Dulth, MN 1pm

Nov. 3 SCSU* Alerus 1pm

Nov. 10 at South Dakota* Vermillion, SD 2pm

Nov. 17 NCAA Playoffs- 1st Round

Nov. 24 Playoffs-2nd Round

Dec. 1 Quarterfinals

Dec. 8 Semifinals

Dec. 15 Division II Championship Florence, Ala.

bolded games are home, * denotes conference games, and all times are central.

Ok, I don't remember what all games you all said we were playing, but next year's schedule according to the spring game program is as follows:

Aug. 23 Humboldt State Alerus 7pm

Sept. 8 at Southern Utah Cedar City, Utah 7pm

Sept. 15 Central Washington* (Potato Bowl) Alerus 1pm

Sept. 22 at Western Washington* Bellingham Wash. 8pm

Sept. 29 Augustanta* (Hall of Fame/Homecoming) 1pm

Oct. 6 at Minnesota State* Mankato, MN 3pm

Oct. 13 Nebraska-Omaha* Alerus 1pm

Oct. 27 at Minn-Duluth* Dulth, MN 1pm

Nov. 3 SCSU* Alerus 1pm

Nov. 10 at South Dakota* Vermillion, SD 2pm

Nov. 17 NCAA Playoffs- 1st Round

Nov. 24 Playoffs-2nd Round

Dec. 1 Quarterfinals

Dec. 8 Semifinals

Dec. 15 Division II Championship Florence, Ala.

bolded games are home, * denotes conference games, and all times are central.

It appears that would be the official 2007 schedule. Bummer, I was still hoping for an 11th (6 home game) schedule.