SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 schedule

jimdahl

Hey Sioux fans, this is my first post here. I am hoping that both you and USD will become members of the GWFC.

Cal Poly is still trying to schedule their 11th game which would be their 5th home game. I am hoping if they schedule a DII team this year it is either UND or USD. I have great respect for both schools and there is no time like the present to build some history with two teams that will hopefully become futue conference members. What do you think?

Welcome SloStang

I am to tired to speculate but I hope to see you guys on the schedule soon...

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right that I never would have felt that way prior to 2003. I used to live for that one game every year, but after all the crap that has gone down in recent years I don't even enjoy the rivalry anymore. Ever since NDSU had the audacity to, after getting their asses handed to them by UND for the better part of the last decade, try to get the Sioux to play them with a stacked deck. Ever since that, my attitude has been "F___ those guys, I don't want to have anything to do with them". They were so desperate to beat the Sioux, they wanted to play with a vast descrepancy in scholarships. Shame on them for whining and pouting like little girls when Roger Thomas told them in not so many words to go F themselves. They got what they deserved.

I'm sorry if my opinion regarding that particular issue offends anybody, but I feel very strongly about it and I'm not going to change my mind. I will say that should the Sioux ever play the Bison again in a regular season football game it will not be the one game on the schedule that I most look forward to the way it used to be. No way. Those guys are a pain in the ass that I do not wish to associate with anymore. I would get much more enjoyment out of seeing the Sioux take on the likes of Cal-Davis, Montana, or Youngstown State. Anybody but the Bison. I would rather we not give them the attention they so desperately crave from us.

Given NDSU's effort to keep UND off their schedules, it's difficult to follow where you are going with this. Elaborate?

They were beating down our door begging for a game right up until the time that, against our better judgement, we decided that we want to play them again. Then all of a sudden they change their tune. They wanted to play us when we didn't want to play, but now that we want to play they're saying they don't want to play us now. They're just being drama queens and trying to create a bunch of attention to themselves with this bizzare behavior. We should just ignore them

Then email your AD, tell him to get off his knees and stop begging Gene for games!

Cal Poly just released their Spring Perspectus. The 2007 schedule said to be announced in late Feb. and that it included a home game against a DII team. I am pulling hard that it is either UND or USD. We will know in the next week or so.

I just looked at Cal-Poly's schedule over the past few seasons and it would seem more likely that the DII school will come from the soon-to-be newly resurrected GNAC or RMAC than UND.

2006 Ft Lewis

2005 -----

2004 Humboldt St

2003 Humboldt St

2002 Humboldt St

However, if UND is looking to make in-roads to the GWFC it would wise to establish relationships with current members. UND's schedule seems to be a closely guarded secret this year...at this point we know of only three opponents.

I just looked at Cal-Poly's schedule over the past few seasons and it would seem more likely that the DII school will come from the soon-to-be newly resurrected GNAC or RMAC than UND.

2006 Ft Lewis

2005 -----

2004 Humboldt St

2003 Humboldt St

2002 Humboldt St

However, if UND is looking to make in-roads to the GWFC it would wise to establish relationships with current members. UND's schedule seems to be a closely guarded secret this year...at this point we know of only three opponents.

Who are the three?

2006 Ft Lewis

2005 -----

2004 Humboldt St

2003 Humboldt St

2002 Humboldt St

That is what I am hoping for. Also, UND is a top DII team and Humboldt State and Fort Lewis are not. If we are going to play a DII team, I would like to see a top team like UND. The bonus would be that hopefully (at least in my opinion) UND will be in the GWFC in 2008 or 2009 and we can start to build on that by playing in 2007.

Gene Taylor has more or less been saying that NDSU isn't going to play UND for quite some time now. And yet the media in Fargo and the Bison fans in Fargo keep talking about whether the game should or shouldn't be played. It seems like this is simply old news being brought up over and over again by Bison followers. How many times can Hallstrom and the Fargo media announce that the Bison aren't going to play the Sioux. It sure seems like over kill. They need to move on. Apparently they must really enjoy repeating the statement that it looks like the Bison are now NOT going to play the Sioux.

Gene Taylor has more or less been saying that NDSU isn't going to play UND for quite some time now. And yet the media in Fargo and the Bison fans in Fargo keep talking about whether the game should or shouldn't be played. It seems like this is simply old news being brought up over and over again by Bison followers. How many times can Hallstrom and the Fargo media announce that the Bison aren't going to play the Sioux. It sure seems like over kill. They need to move on. Apparently they must really enjoy repeating the statement that it looks like the Bison are now NOT going to play the Sioux.

Yea only Bison fans and Fargo media are talking about it. :(

OOHH...they're PUNISHING US!!! ;);) Please SIR, can I have another? (Gene knows the teammakers are watching....SERIOUSLY...they're watching and having "fun" with themselves over it!?! - what a tool he is!)

Fun in a Bob Entzion sort of way? :)staff_muttley.gifstaff_muttley.gif

Hello all. Long time reader, new poster. Wanted to put this in the other thread but it was locked. This really doesn't fit here but didn't want to start a new thread.

I look at it this way. I came to school in 2004 to NDSU. But I have never seen any game ever between NDSU and UND. Some say that I have been deprived in life because of this but it really doesn't matter to me. People tell me the great games of the past and the things that were done or said to the Sioux. Granted our transition has had ups and downs with little regional games. But I have come to a liking of the teams that we have played. I actually look forward to tonights last home game against IPFW. To some on here they are just a bunch of non-name misfits like us in DI transition. But since these are the only games I have seen ever seen at the BSA or Fargodome the teams don't matter.

Thursday night at the NJIT game, everything was going fine and then the band had to play that little number where the NDSU fans say the whole "Sioux Suck S---"--you know how it goes. A while back playing against SDSU a number of kids where doing the same thing. And I say to myself, "Are you serious, we are not even playing you guys and kids are chanting that." What a bunch of obsessed idiots. How retarded do you look chanting that, who the hell are you trying to impress. I mean I am a Junior so that make only seniors/grad students that have even seen a game against UND and NDSU.

I think that a cooling off period is a great idea, just to get some of these people that have so much hate in their heart to maybe forget the past a little bit. I do agree a riverly is supposed to be fierce and everything, but I just think that it is too much right now. I mean people chanting at a NDSU home game about how much the Sioux Suck just shows some of the idiots that live for the hatred. If ever play UND again, which I'm sure we will, I would only look at it at a convient close regional game. How could I call it a rivarly game because I have never seen the two teams play. After a few years it might become a rivalry to me, if the competition is close and heated.

And for your transition I say good luck. There is no reason to wish somebody fall on there face just because of what happened in the past. As much as some might not want to believe is that success at UND or NDSU fuels success at the other institution. We can be separte institutions and all that but if we could work together everyone will benefit.

Back on track of the topic, 2009 on the schedule would be great.

Hello all. Long time reader, new poster. Wanted to put this in the other thread but it was locked. This really doesn't fit here but didn't want to start a new thread.

I look at it this way. I came to school in 2004 to NDSU. But I have never seen any game ever between NDSU and UND. Some say that I have been deprived in life because of this but it really doesn't matter to me. People tell me the great games of the past and the things that were done or said to the Sioux. Granted our transition has had ups and downs with little region games. But I have come to a liking of the teams that we have played. I actually look forward to tonights last home game against IPFW. To some on here they are just a bunch of non-name misfits like us in DI transition. But since its the only games I have seen ever seen at the BSA or Fargodome the teams don't matter.

Thursday at the NJIT game, everything was going fine and then the band had to play that little number where the NDSU fans say the whole "Sioux Suck S---"--you know how it goes. A while back playing against SDSU a number of kids where doing the same thing. And I say to myself, "Are you serious, we are not even playing you guys and kids are chanting that." What a bunch of obsessed idiots. I mean I am a Junior so that make only seniors/grad students that have even seen a game against UND and NDSU.

I think that a cooling off period is a great idea, just to get some of these people that have so much hate in their heart to maybe forget the past a little bit. I do agree a riverly is supposed to be fierce and everything, but I just think that it is too much right now. I mean people chanting at a NDSU home game about how much the Sioux Suck just shows some of the idiots that live for the hatred. If ever play UND again, which I'm sure we will, I would only look at it at a convient close regional game. How could I call it a rivarly because I have never seen the two teams play. After a few years it might become a rivalry, if the competition is close and heated.

And for your transition I say good luck. There is no reason to wish somebody fall on there face just because of what happened in the past. As much as some might not want to believe is that success at UND or NDSU fuels success at the other institution. We can be separte institutions and all that but if we could work together everyone will benefit.

Very good points and well put!

No came from SD. A few minutes from SDSU.

Saw quite a few of those games between SDSU and USD where jack rabbits were thrown on the court. I know what a rivalry is. Even though it seems from all the board and topics that I have read SDSU-USD is child's play compared to NDSU-UND.

I mean there is a topic at AGS whose rivalry is the most heated. Montana--Montana State or NDSU-UND. Isn't there anything better to talk about.