SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 schedule

jimdahl

Hopefully UND will release theirs soon, obviating the need for this exercise, but competitors have started releasing their schedules this weekend. So far, I haven't seen any from any of whom I expect the non-conference foes to be, but might as well get started with what we do know:

Aug. 23 Humboldt State University

Sept. 8 at Southern Utah University (I-AA)

Sept. 15 Central Washington

Sept. 22 at Western Washington

Oct. 6 at Mankato

Oct. 13 UNO

Oct. 27 at Duluth

Nov. 3 St. Cloud St

Note that those are the inverse of the 2006 schedule, so it might be reasonable to guess:

Sep. 29 Augustana

Nov. 10 at USD

Updates: Feb. 8 add CWU, Mar. 19 add SUU, Mar. 28 add Duluth/SCSU, Apr. 8 add Mankato, Apr. 19 add Humboldt St

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice that each Maverick player will have their IQ on the side of their helmet. ;)

I think that those helmets are nice, actually. I especially like the new crimson color. Now if they get some new uni's to go with it... Speaking of schedules, do the Sioux have any I-AA/FCS teams on their schedule this year? Also, with the exploratory year coming in 2008, any news on potential I-AA opponents or scheduling agreements for then?

Who are you guys playing Sept 1st? We need a home game.

I have no knowledge of UND's open dates, but it's been no secret of Buning's desire to play NDSU again, in all sports. If the open dates can match up, it could create an interesting scenario as to whether Taylor's desire to "punish" UND for not playing NDSU in 2004 and 2005 takes priority over the need of NDSU for another home game in 2007.

Obviously we need to get home and homes with FCS teams to beef up the schedule for 2008 and beyond.

But for 2007 I don't see why not if we need games.

an article came out awhile ago, I am sorry but I don't remember where. but Taylor said that he didn't want to play the Sioux in 2007 if they couldn't continue in 2008 and then play us again in 2009.

I think it's a myth that the vast majority of NDSU boosters don't want to schedule UND. It's probably more like the vast majority of posters on Bisonville who like to think they're important.

But I could be wrong there.

There is also another article where Taylor is quoted that if April comes and the schedule is still not done and UND still has an opening, he would consider it.

So probably a low chance, but greater than 0.

I am not sure anyone knows who is being so called "Punished".....

Need a good laugh go to Bisonville and read their tread on 2007 scheduling.....Its right below the thread about who is going to pay for their Mythical National 1AA Championship Rings...(LOL)...?

I am not sure anyone knows who is being so called "Punished".....

Need a good laugh go to Bisonville and read their tread on 2007 scheduling.....Its right below the thread about who is going to pay for their Mythical National 1AA Championship Rings...(LOL)...?

As a Bison fan, I have to disagree with the "Mythical I-AA Championship Rings" thing. Yeah they went undefeated against I-AA competition last year but that, in my mind, does not crown them National Champions. Whoever initiated that post on bisonville needs a life. Why are we talking about I-AA playoffs here anyway? Can't that wait until 2012 or 2013 or whatever it is? ;)

As a Bison fan, I have to disagree with the "Mythical I-AA Championship Rings" thing. Yeah they went undefeated against I-AA competition last year but that, in my mind, does not crown them National Champions. Whoever initiated that post on bisonville needs a life. Why are we talking about I-AA playoffs here anyway? Can't that wait until 2012 or 2013 or whatever it is? ;)

Undefeated against I-AA competition? Yes. Very good season? Yes. Played any teams that actually made the I-AA playoffs? No.

Undefeated against I-AA competition? Yes. Very good season? Yes. Played any teams that actually made the I-AA playoffs? No.

The pre-season 2006 Bison schedule looked tough. It was heralded as the toughest schedule that the Bison had ever faced, regular season. I still don't doubt that. Nobody expected the Ga So ass-kicking, and nobody, and I mean nobody, expected the Poly blowout. The Ball State win was a quality win and the Bison did, in fact, BEAT the Gophs in all categories until the ill-fated blocked kick. The UC-Davis comeback made school history and, looking at video, Stephen F Austin was the toughest game we had all year. That same SFA team played the Pac-10 Arizona Wildcats within a TD. Granted, UA is not the cream of the Pac-10 crop this year but any time you can do that and still (on paper) beat a Big 10 team, it says something. Be a realistic FB fan and don't let your Sioux pride cloud your judgement. NDSU had a fantastic year in '06. When UND can do likewise and prove it on the field, then you have something to talk about.

The pre-season 2006 Bison schedule looked tough. It was heralded as the toughest schedule that the Bison had ever faced, regular season. I still don't doubt that. Nobody expected the Ga So ass-kicking, and nobody, and I mean nobody, expected the Poly blowout. The Ball State win was a quality win and the Bison did, in fact, BEAT the Gophs in all categories until the ill-fated blocked kick. The UC-Davis comeback made school history and, looking at video, Stephen F Austin was the toughest game we had all year. That same SFA team played the Pac-10 Arizona Wildcats within a TD. Granted, UA is not the cream of the Pac-10 crop this year but any time you can do that and still (on paper) beat a Big 10 team, it says something. Be a realistic FB fan and don't let your Sioux pride cloud your judgement. NDSU had a fantastic year in '06. When UND can do likewise and prove it on the field, then you have something to talk about.

Let me get this straight. It is alright to give praise to the bison for scheduling what looked like hard teams on paper, but in the end really weren't that great. It is not alright however, to give this same praise to UND for beating a Northern Iowa team who was ranked #3 at the time of the game, but in the end might have been a little overrated. ;):angry: Do I have it straight?

Whatever. I stand by what I posted, which was not insulting in the least towards NDSU. NDSU did not defeat a single team that made the playoffs. With that in mind, any claim that NDSU was the best team in I-AA is highly dubious. Heck, judging by the computer rankings, the best single win by either NDSU or UND was actually UND's win over Northern Iowa. In the end-of-season rankings, they were ranked higher than Ball State or any of NDSU's I-AA opponents.

I suppose if your program is going to be axed in the next few years, you might as well spend 150k on new helmets.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? UNO is not getting their football program cut. They finished 3rd in the 2006 Director's Cup last year and are fine.

Also, why are some Sioux fans mocking the new UNO helmet? It's not terrible. Nobody from Omaha ever makes jokes about the UND black and green color scheme. UND may very well be looking for a new mascot/logo soon yourselves.