SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 schedule

jimdahl

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance that Mary would go DI, maybe 15 years from now?

Bismark is a growing area (Burliegh county is the 2nd fastest growing in ND other than Cass). Probably will surpass GF/EGF soon.

Seems like if GF can support a DI school, Bismark would be able to?

Is there any chance that Mary would go DI, maybe 15 years from now?

Bismark is a growing area (Burliegh county is the 2nd fastest growing in ND other than Cass). Probably will surpass GF/EGF soon.

Seems like if GF can support a DI school, Bismark would be able to?

I think the whole private school factor might prevent it. Similar to Augie not ever seemingly being fully embraced by Sioux Falls, at least in terms of fan support. UND played at Mary in both men's and women's basketball on different nights in December. Both games drew just over 800 people. I just don't see Mary having the kind of support that would make a division I move feasible.

Hopefully UND will release theirs soon, obviating the need for this exercise, but competitors have started releasing their schedules this weekend. So far, I haven't seen any from any of whom I expect the non-conference foes to be, but might as well get started with what we do know:

Sept. 8 at Southern Utah University (I-AA)

Sept. 15 Central Washington

Sept. 22 at Western Washington

Oct. 13 UNO

Note that those are the inverse of the 2006 schedule, so it might be reasonable to guess:

Sep. 29 Augustana

Oct. 6 at Mankato

Oct. 27 at Duluth

Nov. 3 St Cloud

Nov. 10 at USD

Updates: Feb. 8 add CWU, Mar. 19 add SUU

This can be updated again as SCSU has released their schedule and they are indeed playing at UND on November 3.

Southern Utah, huh.

I'll be paying attention to that game.

I would expect you guys to be competitive, and most likely win that game. Just don't beat them worse than NDSU.

I expect UND to win that game rather handily. They won't be able to stop the midwest boys from moving up and down the field.

Is UND looking at a 9 game season?

That's not as possible as it once was. The D-II playoff criteria were amended two years ago to require 10 regular season games (6 against D-II opponents) to be eligible for the playoffs. (The rule "coincidentally" followed GVSU getting a top seed after cancelling their final regular season game in 2005, leaving them with a 9-0 record.)

The rules do say that "an institution may submit a waiver request to the football committee for their consideration if a given institution is not able to satisfy this latter requirement", but I can't imagine we want to go there.

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently UND will be hosting Humboldt State in the season opener (August 23rd at 7 PM). HSU went 9-1 last season but played a very weak schedule that included 6 NAIA/D3 teams. Still, they are a decent team and should provide a test to start the season.

So that will get us to 10 games? What are the odds of finding a 11th?

Apparently UND will be hosting Humboldt State in the season opener (August 23rd at 7 PM). HSU went 9-1 last season but played a very weak schedule that included 6 NAIA/D3 teams. Still, they are a decent team and should provide a test to start the season.

A Thursday night game in Grand Forks? :silly:

Does Dale know about this? :silly:

GO SIOUX!!!

I would say pretty slim at this point. But maybe they will or already have something worked out. As it stands now, they'll have two bye weeks in the month of September. :silly:

I only count one bye week in September.

01 SEP - BYE

08 SEP - Southern Utah

15 SEP - Central Washington

22 SEP - Western Washington

29 SEP - Augustana (jimdahl guestimate)