SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 schedule

jimdahl

Thursday night at the NJIT game, everything was going fine and then the band had to play that little number where the NDSU fans say the whole "Sioux Suck S---"--you know how it goes. A while back playing against SDSU a number of kids where doing the same thing. And I say to myself, "Are you serious, we are not even playing you guys and kids are chanting that." What a bunch of obsessed idiots. How retarded do you look chanting that, who the hell are you trying to impress. I mean I am a Junior so that make only seniors/grad students that have even seen a game against UND and NDSU.
NDSU has a heated "rivalry" with SDSU. No way would there be anti-UND chants at a NDSU/SDSU game, now would there? ;) The idea of anti-NDSU chants at UND games when we're not playing them is absurd. The hate is all one-sided.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DaveK?

NanoBison, Lakesbison, JBB, BisonBacker, DIinFargo, KChats, Iowabison, NorthDakotabison, NDSUbison, NDSUFREAK, Bison Dan, CABisonfan, Uni_of_No_Diks, SDBison, Gothmog, The Bisonator (not to mention NDSU fans attempting to pass as "Sioux" fans on this board) etc., etc., etc.

A number of them even wrote letters to the ND State Government or local newspapers warning officials of the massive UND athletic deficit. ;)

But I will correct my statement: "The hate is massively one-sided."

NanoBison, Lakesbison, JBB, BisonBacker, DIinFargo, KChats, Iowabison, NorthDakotabison, NDSUbison, NDSUFREAK, Bison Dan, CABisonfan, Uni_of_No_Diks, SDBison, Gothmog, The Bisonator (not to mention NDSU fans attempting to pass as "Sioux" fans on this board) etc., etc., etc.

A number of them even wrote letters to the ND State Government or local newspapers warning officials of the massive UND athletic deficit. :lol:

But I will correct my statement: "The hate is massively one-sided."

You view anyone with an opinion different than a Sioux fan as hate? Too bad.

We already had one thread driven into the ground and finally locked. Let's try to not do the same thing to the this one. This one is worth keeping around.

I agree. I can't figure out why some UND fans think we just have to play NDSU. I've said this before, it just makes us look like we are begging. Time to move on to other teams.

Couple of things:

UNO has an open date on Oct 6th to prepare for the Sioux and heal up some wounds. This would concern me if I were a Sioux fan. That will be the big game of the year at the Alerus Center (at least in the regular season). No matter where this game is played, it has come down the wire almost every time.

Northwest Missouri State is trying to fill a season opener on Aug 24th or Sep 1st. However, with them already playing UNO in the non-conference, playing UND might be too much for even the Bearcats to risk.

Couple of things:

UNO has an open date on Oct 6th to prepare for the Sioux and heal up some wounds. This would concern me if I were a Sioux fan. That will be the big game of the year at the Alerus Center (at least in the regular season). No matter where this game is played, it has come down the wire almost every time.

Northwest Missouri State is trying to fill a season opener on Aug 24th or Sep 1st. However, with them already playing UNO in the non-conference, playing UND might be too much for even the Bearcats to risk.

Second year in a row UNO has a bye from NCC play the week prior to playing UND. What's up with that? :lol: You'd kind of think RT would be giving UND those types of little scheduling advantages more often.

Cal Poly released their schedule this week and unfortunately we did schedule a DII team and it was not UND or USD. They scheduled a home game with Western Oregon. I was hoping if we did schedule a DII that we could get the ball rolling with future GWFC mates UND or USD. Here is Cal Poly's 2007 schedule:

Sept. 1: @ Texas State

Sept. 8: @ Uninversity of Idaho

Sept. 15: Weber State

Sept. 22: Western Oregon

Sept. 29: University of Northern Colorado

Oct. 6: Bye

Oct. 13: @ UC Davis

Oct: 20: @ South Dakota State

Oct: 27: @ Idaho State

Nov. 3: @ University of Southern Utah

Nov 10: North Dakota State

Nov. 17: University of Iona

Overall not a bad schedule with the exception of four straight road games. I hope to see UND on the 2008 season.

Cal Poly released their schedule this week and unfortunately we did schedule a DII team and it was not UND or USD. They scheduled a home game with Western Oregon. I was hoping if we did schedule a DII that we could get the ball rolling with future GWFC mates UND or USD. Here is Cal Poly's 2007 schedule:

Sept. 1: @ Texas State

Sept. 8: @ University of Idaho

Sept. 15: Weber State

Sept. 22: Western Oregon

Sept. 29: University of Northern Colorado

Oct. 6: Bye

Oct. 13: @ UC Davis

Oct: 20: @ South Dakota State

Oct: 27: @ Idaho State

Nov. 3: @ University of Southern Utah University

Nov 10: North Dakota State

Nov. 17: University of Iona College

Overall not a bad schedule with the exception of four straight road games. I hope to see UND on the 2008 season.

fixed

[/pedantic mode]

sorry SloStang :lol:

Second year in a row UNO has a bye from NCC play the week prior to playing UND. What's up with that? :lol: You'd kind of think RT would be giving UND those types of little scheduling advantages more often.

Yeah, plus UNO had the bye week before the playoff game too. A little more than luck there. Conspiracy anyone?

Another scheduling quirk from last year that I'll be interested in...every NCC team except Central Washington had to play UNO and UND in back-to-back weeks. That's a tough chore.

I may hate NDSU, but I don't participate in chants about them when I attend games at UND. I prefer to pretty much just ignore them and try to pretend they do not exist. The only time I show the hate is when provoked by Bison fans. Otherwise I try to keep them out of sight out of mind.

ya, good thing your signature doesnt have anything to do with them :silly:

I just noticed this at d2football.com. How about North Alabama or Catawba on September 1?

Washburn also has an opening "the first week" (Aug. 25). They'd also be a pretty good team to play, although I hate opening the season that early. If we're going to do a return game in 2008 (first year of DI), it better be against a solid DII program i.e. North Alabama, Catawba.

I'm assuming the Mesa St. game is on the road, probably Sept. 8. If we need a home game on September 1, does that mean they are simply trying to fill out a 10 game schedule (5 home, 5 away) ? Or have they signed another game with an FCS school that they haven't announced yet, like Southern Utah? If only trying to fill out a 10 game schedule, it wouldn't have to be on September 1st.

Washburn also has an opening "the first week" (Aug. 25). They'd also be a pretty good team to play, although I hate opening the season that early. If we're going to do a return game in 2008 (first year of DI), it better be against a solid DII program i.e. North Alabama, Catawba.

I'm assuming the Mesa St. game is on the road, probably either Sept. 8 or 15. If we need a home game on September 1, does that mean they are simply trying to fill out a 10 game schedule (5 home, 5 away) ? Or have they signed another game with an FCS school that they haven't announced yet, like Southern Utah? If only trying to fill out a 10 game schedule, it wouldn't have to be on September 1st.

I'm not so sure the Mesa State game will be on the road. If the goal was/is to play a I-AA (on the road), I can't imagine UND was going to play a dII non-conference game on the road, as well. I suppose it depends upon whether UND bought out the contract last year so as to schedule UNI. If for whatever reason, Mesa simply allowed a one-year delay, then this year would be the second half of a home-and-home. If UND bought it out last year, I have to assume this is a one-year contract for a UND home game. Mesa may very well be one of those programs who would prefer to get a nice guarantee rather than a home game, since I don't think they draw well. I believe that's why Ferris State played at UND two years in a row a few years ago. It made more sense for them them take the guarantee rather than get the return trip from UND.

I'm not so sure the Mesa State game will be on the road. If the goal was/is to play a I-AA (on the road), I can't imagine UND was going to play a dII non-conference game on the road, as well. I suppose it depends upon whether UND bought out the contract last year so as to schedule UNI. If for whatever reason, Mesa simply allowed a one-year delay, then this year would be the second half of a home-and-home. If UND bought it out last year, I have to assume this is a one-year contract for a UND home game. Mesa may very well be one of those programs who would prefer to get a nice guarantee rather than a home game, since I don't think they draw well. I believe that's why Ferris State played at UND two years in a row a few years ago. It made more sense for them them take the guarantee rather than get the return trip from UND.

That could very well be. I was just assuming that the mere fact that Mesa St. is appearing on the UND schedule again was probably because the A.D.'s worked something out to move the 2006 game that UND owed MSC to 2007 in order for UND to play UNI last season.

That could very well be. I was just assuming that the mere fact that Mesa St. is appearing on the UND schedule again was probably because the A.D.'s worked something out to move the 2006 game that UND owed MSC to 2007 in order for UND to play UNI last season.

Do you all know something I don't? I've been keeping on eye on schedules of what I consider to be likely opponents (including recent opponents) pretty closely, and Mesa State's schedule has been out a while, and we're not on it. Though neither of us seem to have conference obligations on Sept. 8, they already have 11 games.

Do you all know something I don't? I've been keeping on eye on schedules of what I consider to be likely opponents (including recent opponents) pretty closely, and Mesa State's schedule has been out a while, and we're not on it. Though neither of us seem to have conference obligations on Sept. 8, they already have 11 games.

The belief that Mesa was on UND's 2007 schedule was based on this Herald article. However, I didn't realize Mesa's schedule had been released, and that UND wasn't on it. Something doesn't add up here. :D

I may hate NDSU, but I don't participate in chants about them when I attend games at UND. I prefer to pretty much just ignore them and try to pretend they do not exist. The only time I show the hate is when provoked by Bison fans. Otherwise I try to keep them out of sight out of mind.

That's ok DaveK, I still love you, even if you are certifiably crazy. :D

That's way too funny. Question for MPLBison, you've had many a theory on how the NDSU vs. UND game would happen. Now your on a UND is going to get into the gateway? What is it you smoke where ever you live? Did you not hear the News Conference today? That question or one just about like it was posed and the commish said the conference is not looking at expanding again. Now back on topic, I hope you guys get a good OOC game scheduled. As far as the previous comments about me I don't hate UND at all. The person who said just because one has a different opinion didn't mean it was hateful was correct.

Oh and is it ok if I say I DON'T Love DaveK cuz I don't. I do think he's certifiable tho :D