HockeyMom

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOOO MY!!!!!

So much has happened.

I was gone, my father passed away for anyone who cares

Shantel is finally gone!!!!! sad to see it happen around the holidays but, illogical

That she said she was surprised

Must be more lost than I thought.

Hard change for the girls they really need a leader now hope Miller can help them make some big changes

Anyone see the game?

I missed it been really busy.

How was the game, has anything been different?

OOOO MY!!!!!

So much has happened.

I was gone, my father passed away for anyone who cares

Shantel is finally gone!!!!! sad to see it happen around the holidays but, illogical

That she said she was surprised

Must be more lost than I thought.

Hard change for the girls they really need a leader now hope Miller can help them make some big changes

Anyone see the game?

I missed it been really busy.

How was the game, has anything been different?

Sorry for your loss.

Sounds like the girls were very competetive with MSU. They scored 2 even strength goals, all MSU's goals were PP (3-10) except for the empty netter. We were 0-9 on the power play. We just need to get that clicking.

According to Kevin Fee, Miller isn't exactly going out of his way to accommodate the media. link.

Give the Guy a break he just started... trying to get things going.. his team in order and all we can do now is complain about him... come on people give the guy a chance... he has one other coach, all the recruiting, and trying to get his team to win a game is not the easiest of tasks... plus write a stand up show...WOW

Lets just sit back and watch what he does....

Ever ask yourself why is Minnesota Womens Hockey Light years ahead of us...?

I would like to know why, we both started programs around the same time....Our facilities seem to be better.....

I know Minnesota has a Feeder program with the High Schools.....But we are Years behind them.....

And now we will only fall further......Too Bad

The twins will win at least two National Titles while they are there..... just my thoughts

If I am not mistaken, Minnesota had a pretty good head start on us.

THANKS FOR YOUR SYMPATHY

I really do not think UND is not that far behind. They just need direction, the right training and strong leadership. They really do have

their moments, I do not blame the girls at all i have seen promise, but they are young and need

lots of direction. Miller needs to get with the program if he wants to stay around for next season. All leagues are leveling out, and

we could be there in two seasons if we get the right ingredients, girls hockey timing is prime. I was really hoping the Lameroux (sp) twins would want to join us.

The new goalie?:ohmy:?

yes and by the time we started Minnesota already had 5 olympic players on their team and we had 21 freshman that were no where near olympic status.

That means that Minnesota had 5 years of hockey before we joined the WCHA. Within that time, they built their program to the point that they had 5 Olympic players. What have we built in our 5 years? - Doodly squat.

Ever ask yourself why is Minnesota Womens Hockey Light years ahead of us...?

I would like to know why, we both started programs around the same time....Our facilities seem to be better.....

I know Minnesota has a Feeder program with the High Schools.....But we are Years behind them.....

And now we will only fall further......Too Bad

The twins will win at least two National Titles while they are there..... just my thoughts

Once you get a high-end player like Krissy Wendell or Natalie Darwitz, you become an elite team. The other lines basically cancel each other out, but if you have that kind of player they become the difference in winning and losing. After you win, you can get those players consistently, like the Lamoureauxs. I was just hoping that the program would have been moving forward so the Sioux would have at shot at them. As it stands, they have to find a few elite players to get on the map, then I think they can become consistently good.

Kevin Fee had a blog entry yesterday on the Lamoureux twins' decision. link. The most interesting thing is in the "comments" section. Fee says he thinks UND would have had a good chance of landing the Lamoureux's had Shantel Rivard been let go after last season and a new coach hired for this season.

Well I guess if he does not say anything to the media there is nothing for us to tear him up on here.... except for maybe their losses....

The bottom line to me is that it's part of a coach's job--even an interim one--to provide reasonable access to the media when so asked. The women's hockey program has enough problems without adding to them. Miller's apparent aloofness with the media isn't helping matters, IMO. I suppose things have changed to an extent with the advent of blogging, but I can't recall anybody from the Herald ever being critical of a UND coach before.

The bottom line to me is that it's part of a coach's job--even an interim one--to provide reasonable access to the media when so asked. The women's hockey program has enough problems without adding to them. Miller's apparent aloofness with the media isn't helping matters, IMO. I suppose things have changed to an extent with the advent of blogging, but I can't recall anybody from the Herald ever being critical of a UND coach before.

Maybe he is avoiding the media until he can unveil the secret weapon.

PS - Don't ask me about the secret weapon...it's a secret. :ohmy:

The whole situation is just odd to me. Wouldn't you as a coach want to get on the media's good side? It's not like he's a huge celebrity. Maybe he came to UND thinking he would get a break from the whole head coach thing and step out of the limelight and now he's been thrust back into it.

Who knows.

The whole situation is just odd to me. Wouldn't you as a coach want to get on the media's good side? It's not like he's a huge celebrity. Maybe he came to UND thinking he would get a break from the whole head coach thing and step out of the limelight and now he's been thrust back into it.

Who knows.

Wouldn't you want to be a head coach, though? This kind of behavior can't make him look like too good when it comes to other coaching jobs. I wonder how he is at calling and talking to recruits.

A guy takes over a horrible program after it's head coach is fired. He is potentially in line to be hired as the head coach. You're next series is a series that you have a legitimate shot at winning and getting your first conference wins. Should his priorities be 1) talking with the small town fish wrapper or 2) working on plays, line combinations, studying game film, trying to find a replacement goalie, etc.

I say give the guy a couple of weeks to try and get this ship turned around. He didn't exactly come into this position on the best of terms, and then looses his goalie to top it off. They got their interview. What more do they want?