SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

HockeyMom

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have their quota for next season. Of course no twin sisters from North Dakota coming our way, except to play against us. :angry:

Not 'til season after next tho. :sad: In case Sioux fans aren't already aware of current recruits headed to UND thus far:

North Dakota

Grace Edgar.........G..............(NAHA)............... .........Plano, TX

Kelly Lewis...........D......(MN Thoroughbreds).......Forest Lake, MN

Addie Miles...........F.........(Warner School)...........Winnipeg, MTB

Emily Sell..............F..........(Williston HS)................Williston, ND

Considering how young the team is, this could be it I s'pose.

Going from men's hockey coach to women's hockey coach would be equivalent to trading in your Cadillac for a Hyundai. Yes, they both are cars, but one of them provides a much higher level of enjoyment/entertainment.

The Hyundai is more entertaining? :sad:

:angry:

American cars are the new rage in China. I heard that last week on NPR....yes, that is the sign that I am officially old. Talk radio. Not like that has anything to do with a Korean made Hyundai......

So I have gone to like 2 women's hockey games.....and those were at the beginning of the season. I'm a bad fan.

The Hyundai is more entertaining? :D

:D

American cars are the new rage in China. I heard that last week on NPR....yes, that is the sign that I am officially old. Talk radio. Not like that has anything to do with a Korean made Hyundai......

So I have gone to like 2 women's hockey games.....and those were at the beginning of the season. I'm a bad fan.

2>0

• 2 weeks later...

Game comments from WHKY Blogger on USCHO Wisconsin thread

"And a 4-0 win for UW

final shots were 40-11

the story of the 3rd was Kirkham for UND. Boy if she could play like that more often UND would have way more wins.

While UW didn't get complacent with a 4 goal lead and played strong from start to finish, it almost seemed like they were running a practice out there for most of the 3rd. It was great to see Duggan back! I thought she would at the very least miss this weekend and possibly the next series as well..

Overall I thought UW played ok. They were pretty dominant for periods of the game, but more than not I felt like they could have played a little better even if it wasn't necessary. The Checking from behind and game misconduct on Jenny Porter of UND was an overblown call if you ask me. It sure didn't look as vicious as it sounds, at least from where I was sitting.

oh well..

Game 2 tomorrow! I hope a series like this doesn't cause UW to go into Minneapolis unprepared for the challenges they will face there."

Going from men's hockey coach to women's hockey coach would be equivalent to trading in your Cadillac for a Hyundai. Yes, they both are cars, but one of them provides a much higher level of enjoyment/entertainment.

I agree. We need someone who KNOWS WOMENS hockey, we don't have time for someone to catchup on all of the nations recruiting,

and figure out how women are different.

I hate to say it but it will be hard to find someone who wants this program with the right expirence, who is GREAT.

Paul Colontino is the perfect new coach for this team. He's an assistant at Mercyhurst, and they've been ranked #1 almost the entire year. And I understand that he is willing to listen. And he can recruit.

He's an assistant? I thought he was head coach out there. Interesting.

Step One: Find a coach.

And look at that: They start looking at candidates the day after the Womens Frozen Four is complete. :D

Who said that? :D

... keeping the posting open until the day after the Womens Frozen Four (so as to not affect Four teams with possible applicants there).