SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

HockeyMom

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Johnson from the Lincoln Stars? Ha. That would never happen.

If Steve was offered he would really look hard at it...I here he wants it and a move back to the Forks!

But then when was the last time we hired anyone with a UND education...?

That is more than quailified and bleeds green..?

My personel opinion if this coach does not have UND ties, we missed the boat again.

Do you really think that Akil Adams has a chance? It is the first we have heard of him in years.. just because he played for the Sioux does not make him a valid coach... and just because you coach a high school team.. with all the best players on it.. does not make you a great coach... Should be interesting.. Akil Adams.. Seriously!

What's your deal? I thought the article was interesting and I commented that I hadn't heard the name Akil Adams in a long time. I didn't comment on his coaching ability as I know nothing about it. Lighten up, Francis!

Steve Johnson from the Lincoln Stars? Ha. That would never happen.

Because he's not a good coach?? :lol: Hates Grand Forks?? :blush: $$$ :D

Just wondering why the nay sayers are out in full force.

I think Steve would be what the program needs to get on track. He has a proven track record

in Neb. And has applied for coaching the men's program.

I am just glad to see that the University has decided to make an investment into turning this program into a nationally competative program. Everyone should be happy about that. Obviously this program will probably never be a Ca$h Cow, at least not in the next decade or so. But turning it into another program that has the potetial to win National Championships will only be a great thing in the long run. Especially for our move to DI. The more sports we have competing for National Championships in DI, the easier it will be to sell our Athletic Program and University to potential recruits of other programs.

I am just glad to see that the University has decided to make an investment into turning this program into a nationally competative program. Everyone should be happy about that. Obviously this program will probably never be a Ca$h Cow, at least not in the next decade or so. But turning it into another program that has the potetial to win National Championships will only be a great thing in the long run. Especially for our move to DI. The more sports we have competing for National Championships in DI, the easier it will be to sell our Athletic Program and University to potential recruits of other programs.

dakotadan

You need to update your signature...

2007 DII Men's Swimming & Diving National Runner-Up

Re your comment on cash cow - average attendance of even 1500 (up say 1000 from this year) would mean another $200k for athletics. Getting women's hockey attendance up to say women's basketball - achieveable given its a hockey-mad U - would be another $200-300k. (That's all before advertising, concessions, jersey sales and so on.)

Not exactly cash cow, but the program should be a contributing revenue-positive and not a drag on the athletic dept.

And I agree with your first point - it starts with strong leadership and the rest will follow.

I haven't seen it posted yet but may have missed it. Wisconsin beat Duluth 4-1 to win their second straight National Championship in front of 3,335 fans. Not a bad attendance for women's hockey. The WCHA is still the only conference to win a NC. UMD in 01, 02 and 03. UM in 04 and 05. And UW in 06 and 07. The Badgers finished an impressive 36- 1- 4!!! Watford City, ND native Mikka Nordby is a junior on their team.

Hopefully the Sioux will be competing like this in the near future!

If Steve was offered he would really look hard at it...I here he wants it and a move back to the Forks!

But then when was the last time we hired anyone with a UND education...?

That is more than quailified and bleeds green..?

My personel opinion if this coach does not have UND ties, we missed the boat again.

Dave Hakstol. Maybe you've heard of him.:silly:

Do you really think that Akil Adams has a chance? It is the first we have heard of him in years.. just because he played for the Sioux does not make him a valid coach... and just because you coach a high school team.. with all the best players on it.. does not make you a great coach... Should be interesting.. Akil Adams.. Seriously!

Good point...he hasn't had much experience compared to someone like Stafford...

Dave Hakstol. Maybe you've heard of him.:silly:

Thank You! Can't believe I forgot Dave...? But I consider him a "Coach Blais" hire, Roger Thomas made the right choice and Coach Hak has proven himself very well.

I have little faith in the current adminstration to make the right choices , when it comes to the history and legacy of the Sioux Sports Family....

Example was Basketball interview process, No reflection on Coach Jones (He I believe, has done and will continue to do a graeat job) but no UND grads or ties to program even received interviews....?

I am sure there was a Army canidate out there some place qualified. How many UND alums will we disengage until something is done? Funding for D 1 will be more than interesting. Oh yeah, maybe we can schedule Army in hockey. Awesome! Or Notre Dame will play UND in football!! Brilliant. We will see if outsiders can weather the strom when and if Bruce Smith becomes President. Perhaps the AD of choice will be back bleeding GREEN again, where he should have been in the first place!! Thanks Phil.

I am sure there was a Army canidate out there some place qualified. How many UND alums will we disengage until something is done? Funding for D 1 will be more than interesting. Oh yeah, maybe we can schedule Army in hockey. Awesome! Or Notre Dame will play UND in football!! Brilliant. We will see if outsiders can weather the strom when and if Bruce Smith becomes President. Perhaps the AD of choice will be back bleeding GREEN again, where he should have been in the first place!! Thanks Phil.

With rants like this I used to think of 'legend334' as more of an "Eric Cartman" personality. Turns out "Eric" might disagree ....

"You're the worst character ever, Towelie." -- Eric Cartman

PS - I think Gordie Stafford might make a pretty good DI womens coach given his time and experience at S-SM.

With rants like this I used to think of 'legend334' as more of an "Eric Cartman" personality. Turns out "Eric" might disagree ....

"You're the worst character ever, Towelie." -- Eric Cartman

PS - I think Gordie Stafford might make a pretty good DI womens coach given his time and experience at S-SM.

Why does the moderator let Sica-whateverr continue to make personal attacks?? Joke.

Some who read my post know, some think they know, some do not know anything. Which category do you fit into Sica?

Why does the moderator let Sica-whateverr continue to make personal attacks??

Your "Thanks Phil", that wouldn't be an attack on someone in Twamley, would it?

And if I 'attacked' anyone it was Cartman or Towelie. :angry:

PS - Steve Johnson, if he's interested, would kick Badger Bob's boy's butt. (Say that three times fast. :lol: )