SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

HockeyMom

A guy takes over a horrible program after it's head coach is fired. He is potentially in line to be hired as the head coach. You're next series is a series that you have a legitimate shot at winning and getting your first conference wins. Should his priorities be 1) talking with the small town fish wrapper or 2) working on plays, line combinations, studying game film, trying to find a replacement goalie, etc.

I say give the guy a couple of weeks to try and get this ship turned around. He didn't exactly come into this position on the best of terms, and then looses his goalie to top it off. They got their interview. What more do they want?

No thanks, throw the app in the round file.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/coachYxY.php?cid=178&gender=w

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess if he does not say anything to the media there is nothing for us to tear him up on here.... except for maybe their losses....

If Miller isn't interested in media coverage (in this market - which is mostly FREE positive ADVERTISING for your team! :) ) He might as well take his resume and line his birdcage with it! I think regardless of how he does the rest of this season (short of 12 straight wins :D ) There's no way he'll be in the running to be the next head coach.

Shantell was unproven but she had a shot to start something...she blew it! It doesn't make her a bad person...just not DI head coaching material (at least now) UND's program isn't in its infancy....it's been around long enough so I guess we're in our Terrible 2's...and maybe need something more than a mommy? ;)

I think the poor guy was probably brought here under false pretenses! He figured he got an awesome job and could stay in hockey after being fired from his last job and now he realized that Rivard was almost fired before he came and he moved across the nation to be fired in less than a year!

No wonder he doesn

I think the poor guy was probably brought here under false pretenses! He figured he got an awesome job and could stay in hockey after being fired from his last job and now he realized that Rivard was almost fired before he came and he moved across the nation to be fired in less than a year!

No wonder he doesn

Game report from Minnesota for game 1 (USCHO gopher thread)

"The band marched around the concourse before the game. I realize that this is a staple at Mariucci but it is rare at Ridder. It is, however, always a lot of fun, at least I think so. Yay band.

It was a strangely unsatisfying victory considering that Hanlon gets the shutout and the Gophers four best players each get a goal. At the arena they announced the last goal as a second goal of the game for Marvin but I see the boxscore has changed that to Miller with assists to Marvin and Ross. It was a Miller shot from the point that appeared to change direction at the goal mouth. I guess the referee thought Marvin at that moment. My guess is someone may have actually asked Gigi after the game and she said "Miller". Or maybe they had video.

The Gophers jumped early and got the first 8 shots on goal. Two of the first three NoDak shots were only shots in the sense that Hanlon had to put a stick on them but they were really only dump ins that ended up on goal. I thought that for the entire game NoDak had only one really good scoring chance when a bouncing puck handcuffed Hanlon and NoDak was able to get to the crease before the puck could be cleared away. Other than that, even though the shots were fairly even NoDak did not really threaten. Most of the time, however, Minnesota didn't really threaten much either.

And that's sorta the way the game seemed to go. Minnesota was better but NoDak hung around.

NoDak had two 5 on 3's. On the first Halldorson sent out Miller, Graft, and Marvin. Yup, 2 forwards. And on the second Gigi was out again as they milled about before the face off but then Gagnon came over the boards late and they went with Miller, Graft and Gagnon. Coach seems reluctant to rely on the young defense in these situations.

For the second weekend in a row no Becky Wacker and no Brittony Chartier. Come on back Brittony, we need you."

Ohio State wins it with 4 seconds left in overtime after the Sioux were controlling play. ;)

The play by play guy said that it is the hardest he has seen the team play all year. They actually played with a little heart.

A VERY tough one to lose. We should have at least gotten 1 point out of this game. Talk about absolutely no luck. This is the way things have gone for this program since it started. ???

Ohio State wins it with 4 seconds left in overtime after the Sioux were controlling play. ;)

The play by play guy said that it is the hardest he has seen the team play all year. They actually played with a little heart.

A VERY tough one to lose. We should have at least gotten 1 point out of this game. Talk about absolutely no luck. This is the way things have gone for this program since it started. ???

Hopefully they can get a point or two tomorrow. Good luck, ladies.