SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

HockeyMom

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to be careful with that knife.

It's sharp on both sides of the blade (meaning it cuts both ways).

I'm interested in the full list of womens hockey coaching applicants.

I know that I know everything, but my name isn't Phil. :angry:

Steve Johnson from the Lincoln Stars? Ha. That would never happen.

looks like Johnson is indeed in the running.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=31718

Johnson applies for women's job

Former UND Hobey Baker Award finalist Steve Johnson has applied for the vacant Sioux women's hockey coaching position.

Johnson, who accumulated 191 points playing for the Sioux from 1984-88, has coached the Lincoln Stars of the United States Hockey League for the past 11 seasons. Johnson and the Stars have compiled 10 winning seasons during that span, winning a league championship in 2003.

Other applicants with UND ties include Dennis Miller (interim women's head coach), Akil Adams (former men's player), Paul Colontino (former assistant women's coach), Scott Koberinski (former men's player and current men's volunteer assistant) and Gordie Stafford (son, Drew, played at UND).

The job was opened when Shantel Rivard was fired in December. Miller served as the interim coach for the remainder of the season. The Sioux, in their fifth season, finished 3-31-2.

If I was the laundry guy, maybe I could get permoted to Assistant Athletic Director?? Brilliant!! Awesome!!

Do you have your degree and meet the minimum qualifications for the job?

It looks like a nice slate of candidates for the womens hockey job.

Not really any new information, but:

Women's hockey job - Fee Throws

St. Cloud State assistant coach Brian Idalski interviewed for the UND head women's hockey coaching job Friday.

Harvard assistant Claudia Asano interviews Sunday. She has an impressive resume, but so did Shantel Rivard.

Another candidate, who UND officials declined to indentify because arrangements were pending, will be in Tuesday.

I get the impression one of these three individuals will be hired. It looks to me as if they're focusing in on current women's hockey coaches.

Some discussion of the required qualifications, also, which should please some readers...

Missed Again.....

3rd Canidate set, no UND ties once again, I guess it is ok to get a education here, just do not apply for a job you will not meet our qualifications....

http://www.areavoices.com/fee/

If Steve Johnson isn't granted an interview, I would be very surprised and disappointed. Nothing against any of the other candidates, but either I have been hearing inaccurate info or something has changed recently. It seems hard to believe Johnson would have even applied (considering the big pay cut he'd be taking) if he hadn't been encouraged to do so.

Saying that will get personal attacks from Sicasnooka.

The irony there is hilarious.

Why would alums apply ...

They did.

They're bringing in three people to interview to date.

None happen to be UND grads so far.

Will there be more? I don't know.

I'll watch and let it play out.

PS - I'm disappointed Gordy Stafford didn't get a look, but I'm not going to be bitter or spiteful about it.

The irony there is hilarious.

They did.

They're bringing in three people to interview to date.

None happen to be UND grads so far.

Will there be more? I don't know.

I'll watch and let it play out.

PS - I'm disappointed Gordy Stafford didn't get a look, but I'm not going to be bitter or spiteful about it.

are they only bringing in 3 right now? I guess that I had never heard and am interested to see who gets the job.

I am not jumping off any bridges over no UND (Womens Hockey)canidates......But

What is wrong with either being from North Dakota(I'm from Colorado), or being educated at UND(My School "Hard Knocks")....It just seems to me that we have some talented and quailified people that have grown up in this Great State or been educated at UND, and they are never "Good Enough?"....

Where would UND be without.... These people have had some IMPACT!

Ralph Englestad-UND

Tom Clifford-UND & ND

Tim O'Keefe-UND & ND

Gene Roebuck-ND

Darcy Deustch/Cascaes-UND & ND

Kelvin Zeigler-ND

Dale Lennon-UND & ND

Earl Strinden- UND & ND

John Odegard- UND & ND

Gino Gasparini- UND

Dave Hakstol-UND

I'm sure there are many, many more from either ND or UND grads that have had a great impact on the University, they just need a chance.

Do not begin to use logic now. Why would we hire someone with local or even UND ties. President has no UND ties, AD has no UND ties, Dean of med school has no UND ties.

BUT the day may be coming when Mr. Smith gets the Pres job....then...some people better update their resumes....because I think more than one administrator may be shown the door!!!