SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

HockeyMom

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably a question that I should know the answere to or possibly even do know but who is Steve Johnson?

I am pretty sure that he is talking about Grand Forks native, lesser known winger on the Hrkac Circus line with Bob Joyce and coach of the Lincoln Stars from the USHL for about 10 years Steve Johnson. He was also a candidate to replace Berry as assistant coach earlier this year. :D

I am pretty sure that he is talking about Grand Forks native, lesser known winger on the Hrkac Circus line with Bob Joyce and coach of the Lincoln Stars from the USHL for about 10 years Steve Johnson. He was also a candidate to replace Berry as assistant coach earlier this year. :D

wow...I knew he was a great player, but hadn't looked at his coaching accomplishments. international coaching experience, USHL coach of the year 3 times, etc. This is the type of guy we need running our program. how interested is he Walrus?

I've heard a more fitting name mentioned, more fitting in my mind given certain ties more related to womens hockey.

Better than the GF native, national champ at UND, 10 year USHL candidate? Sounds like Buning is going to have a GREAT pool to choose from! Do his initals happen to be GS?

siouxcrew87 has the right initials. Makes sense in my mind.

As a general wrap up to having remained out of this thread for a while I just wanted to say a couple other things. First, I'm glad to see other posts backing up some of the things I tried to say early on about things happening behind the scenes and for a while. Sometimes persons actions speak much louder that a persons words, even should they remain anonymous. Second, thank you and best of luck to Shantel, the hard work and consement professionalism are greatly appreciated.

I wish the best of luck to Coach Miller and hope a clean start after a Christmas break will hopefully provide a nice spark the rest of the way. To the team, keep up the hard work and playing as hard as you have been!

To those fans who go to games and have been supportive, thank you. To those that are starting to come in the fold, come join the fun, at some point this thing will take off and the sky is the limit. You'll be glad you were in at the beginning.

Go Fighting Sioux!

Time will tell how intersested some of these potential canidates are..

One thing I hope for sure that our Athletice Administration really takes a long hard look at canidates with UND ties. We have such a rich tradition in Hockey it would be a same to go outside the envelope, If we have well deserving alumni that wants to give back.

In my opinion we have not looked at alumni and friends of the UND 1st for a long time (Hak and Lennon the only exceptions) and I am not just talking coaching, other areas as well.

One thing I hope for sure that our Athletice Administration really takes a long hard look at canidates with UND ties. We have such a rich tradition in Hockey it would be a same to go outside the envelope, If we have well deserving alumni that wants to give back.

In my opinion we have not looked at alumni and friends of the UND 1st for a long time (Hak and Lennon the only exceptions) and I am not just talking coaching, other areas as well.

"I for sure had a hard time understanding this message to the UND" :) So what are you saying CoachD? Still pissed Bollinger got passed over for AD? I think UND made the right decision going for a go-getter...RB has the history but not the energy we need right now...just my opinion... :lol:

i think it would be good to look for at alumni and friends of UND.

"I for sure had a hard time understanding this message to the UND" :) So what are you saying CoachD? Still pissed Bollinger got passed over for AD? I think UND made the right decision going for a go-getter...RB has the history but not the energy we need right now...just my opinion... :lol:

i thought this was about hockey, let the GRAVE DIGGER a.k.a SiouxMeNow worry about the old dirt. let's face it, it was time for a change and it would be easier on all to have UND friend/alumni to smooth out the bumps.

Attendance: 242 :)

I am planning on attending tomorows game. Hopefully the ladies can get a conference win under their belt before going into the break. It will be interesting to see if Dennis Miller makes any big changes over the break and how the ladies respond.

A new coach, a conference win and a long break could be what the team needs to get the ball rolling.

Attendance: 242 :silly:

I am planning on attending tomorows game. Hopefully the ladies can get a conference win under their belt before going into the break. It will be interesting to see if Dennis Miller makes any big changes over the break and how the ladies respond.

A new coach, a conference win and a long break could be what the team needs to get the ball rolling.

Any comments on the game action Dakotadan?

• 3 weeks later...