SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

HockeyMom

I'm sure you've got a lot of dirt but for once I'M (SiouxMeNow - famed crusher of anything ndsu :) ) trying to take the high road here ;) I assume there's no long-term contract here and they're probably stuck for this season. The SAD part of that is hiring a new coach, restoring credibility and recruiting good players is going to be a multi-year process...I'm afraid we're in for at least a couple more years of this....

BY THE SOUNDS OF IT WE SHOULD HIRE THIS SO CALLED "GREENE" THEY SOUND LIKE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ;)

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you've got a lot of dirt but for once I'M (SiouxMeNow - famed crusher of anything ndsu ;) ) trying to take the high road here ;) I assume there's no long-term contract here and they're probably stuck for this season. The SAD part of that is hiring a new coach, restoring credibility and recruiting good players is going to be a multi-year process...I'm afraid we're in for at least a couple more years of this....

I am not sure a coaching change would have a huge impact on the recruiting process and go far in attracting new recruits. Let's be honest the only reason UND has a shot at the Lamoureux sisters is because it is their home town. In an article in the Grand Forks Herald they state that they would like to go to a program that has a shot at a national title. I am sure that Harvard who just destroyed RPI 11-0 will be calling. A large part of the top talent in North America is from the east and most girls prefer to be closer to home than the midwest. A Harvard education would carry more weight than an UND one. Yes the Ralph is a amazing facility but that carry's more weight for the men's side because a bulk of the talent are going to the NHL. For those people a Harvard degree is less important.

Don't get me wrong I am hoping the Lamoureux's go to UND. Let's just say they will have ton's of choices.

I am not sure a coaching change would have a huge impact on the recruiting process and go far in attracting new recruits.

You don't think a coach has anything to do with recruiting? The entire recruiting process revolves around the coach. The coach is the one out there traveling the country representing the university when talking to potential recruits. No matter what sport you are talking about, how well the recruiting goes says alot about your coach.

I understand your point about recruiting against harvard, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the discussion about our coach's ability to find a way to win some games, or even score a few points.

Second, I'm not even sure that recruiting is what the actual problem seems to be here. We have gotten in some girls that can definately play hockey. Our problem seems to be keeping anyone here for more than 2 years and creating some team chemistry. And when all of these girls quit playing after a year or 2, it's not because they are going to play in the NHL. So obviously something is chasing them away and it seems to be pretty common knowledge what it is.

You don't think a coach has anything to do with recruiting? The entire recruiting process revolves around the coach. The coach is the one out there traveling the country representing the university when talking to potential recruits. No matter what sport you are talking about, how well the recruiting goes says alot about your coach.

I understand your point about recruiting against harvard, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the discussion about our coach's ability to find a way to win some games, or even score a few points.

Second, I'm not even sure that recruiting is what the actual problem seems to be here. We have gotten in some girls that can definately play hockey. Our problem seems to be keeping anyone here for more than 2 years and creating some team chemistry. And when all of these girls quit playing after a year or 2, it's not because they are going to play in the NHL. So obviously something is chasing them away and it seems to be pretty common knowledge what it is.

THANK YOU

My daughter also told me that our only goal aginst Wisconsin was actually a goal knocked in by the

one of the WIS defense women

BY THE SOUNDS OF IT WE SHOULD HIRE THIS SO CALLED "GREENE" THEY SOUND LIKE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT :lol:

I will go out on a limb and predict more shots on goal for the Sioux against Maine. Time to go after some Black Bear!

FIRST!

that is just stupid!

I don't claim to be any type of coach, but then again neigther should RIVARD! Hell Ill take the joB!

Second we can win the game against maine, finally there is a team with a worse record then ours.