SiouxSports.com Forum

Women's Hockey

HockeyMom

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the REALLY sad thing is we're right back at square one at starting a program...4 years after ACTUALLY starting the program!?! ALSO sad is UND took money (not scholarships - at least the ladies GOT something out of that - hopefully) but still a wheelbarrow of money and just chucked it into a bonfire and watched it burnup....SAD! :) When the best thing you can say about your conference season is you managed 1 TIE in 30 games? That's more than pathetic...

the REALLY sad thing is we're right back at square one at starting a program...4 years after ACTUALLY starting the program!?! ALSO sad is UND took money (not scholarships - at least the ladies GOT something out of that - hopefully) but still a wheelbarrow of money and just chucked it into a bonfire and watched it burnup....SAD! :angry: When the best thing you can say about your conference season is you managed 1 TIE in 30 games? That's more than pathetic...

Hind sight is 20/20. This year was watching money burn (and maybe last year) but I'm not so sure that all of those years were wasted. You can't predict what kind of a coach you are going to get before you give them a chance to see what they can do.

Hopefully they will bring in a great coach that can help turn UND into a women's hockey powerhouse.

Good, we need offense. Real bad.

Williston had by far the top line in the state, and in girls hockey, there really isn't a difference between East and West. Rachel Hennessey, SO of Williston, may very well be the next ND recruit.

RK PLAYER TEAM YR POS GP G A PTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Emily Sell WIL Sr. F 22 54 43 97

2- Rachel Hennessy WIL So. F 22 37 31 68

3- Alissa Kyllo WIL Jr. F 22 33 20 53

http://www.gfparks.org/ndaha/girlstateleader.html

I remember getting chastised for not thinking it was that big of a deal losing in OT to Duluth a couple years ago in the playoffs, because in the long run it didn't seem to mean much, because Duluth could have just easily have underestimated the Sioux and didn't play up to their potential......now they went 0-27-1 in the league. Looks like I was right. :silly:

I hope the new coach can do a lot better. Shouldn't be hard.

I remember getting chastised for not thinking it was that big of a deal losing in OT to Duluth a couple years ago in the playoffs, because in the long run it didn't seem to mean much, because Duluth could have just easily have underestimated the Sioux and didn't play up to their potential......now they went 0-27-1 in the league. Looks like I was right. :silly:

I hope the new coach can do a lot better. Shouldn't be hard.

It was a big deal at the time, but it probably hurt the program in the long run. Hopefully we can attract a great coach who can bring in some talent and help the program.

Williston had by far the top line in the state, and in girls hockey, there really isn't a difference between East and West. Rachel Hennessey, SO of Williston, may very well be the next ND recruit.

RK PLAYER TEAM YR POS GP G A PTS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Emily Sell WIL Sr. F 22 54 43 97

2- Rachel Hennessy WIL So. F 22 37 31 68

3- Alissa Kyllo WIL Jr. F 22 33 20 53

http://www.gfparks.org/ndaha/girlstateleader.html

Plus, remember that in Girl's, there is no East and West. it is all one league, so stats should be able to be compared across locations. They all play each other. Hennessy is a D-man, not a forward.

Also, Sell led the Lameroux twins in scoring the one year they all played in ND, when Sell was a Freshman and the twins were 8th graders. Am not saying that makes her on par with them, just saying she is a legitimate scorer.

Plus, remember that in Girl's, there is no East and West. it is all one league, so stats should be able to be compared across locations. They all play each other. Hennessy is a D-man, not a forward.

Also, Sell led the Lameroux twins in scoring the one year they all played in ND, when Sell was a Freshman and the twins were 8th graders. Am not saying that makes her on par with them, just saying she is a legitimate scorer.

Hennessey put up numbers like that on the D? Her stats list her as a forward. How telented is she?

The twins never played girls high school hockey so your right. They played Bantam A Boys and were some of the better players on the team. Also remember those girls probably never leave the ice as willistons team is very weak. Not saying they aren't the best in the state, I just want you to keep that in mind.

It was a big deal at the time, but it probably hurt the program in the long run. Hopefully we can attract a great coach who can bring in some talent and help the program.

It was a VERY BIG DEAL, being underestimated...? I don't think so, they had played well the first game that weekend, but goaltending got the best of them. Then the next game Maggie was very solid between the pipes and they took it to them. They played a tight checking game and put some doubt into UMD's game play. It was a big deal...and they had a very talented team! Not sure what you mean how it hurt them though.

Hennessey put up numbers like that on the D? Her stats list her as a forward. How telented is she?

She was a forward the past two years and was moved to defense just this year. Played the whole year on the blue line. Has an amazing slap shot with accuracy. A big, strong player that could use some more improvement in her skating, as she came to hockey later than most. Great hand-eye coordination. Hardest shot in the state on the Girl's side, no question.

Kylo is interesting, too. Started on defense two years ago and moved to forward. If she can put up numbers next year without Sell, she is a legitimate player, too. Has size and speed. Can finish. Need to wait and see how next year goes for her.

I don't think Kyllo was every a defensemen. She stepped it up in a huge way for Williston, after moving Hennessey back to D. As for Sell and The Lamoureoux's, they never played against each other in high school, but I have seen them at some of the same summer tourneys. The twins are better right now, but Sell has better hands/moves. Hopefully when she's in a college program (UND) she can get to that level.

Stafford is an intriguing possibility, but I'm curious as to whether the same stupid requirement that was used in the men's basketball coaching search, i.e. five years NCAA coaching experience, will be required for this job? If so, I don't believe he has any shot.

While this article focuses on the big bump in salary, which had already been posted here, it also names some applicants. Koberinski, Colontino and Stafford (SSM head coach) are 3 of 16 who have applied so far.

Interesting. First I've heard of Akil Adams in a long time.

I wonder if a Stafford hiring might change the minds of the Lamoureauxs.

Interesting. First I've heard of Akil Adams in a long time.

I wonder if a Stafford hiring might change the minds of the Lamoureauxs.

Do you really think that Akil Adams has a chance? It is the first we have heard of him in years.. just because he played for the Sioux does not make him a valid coach... and just because you coach a high school team.. with all the best players on it.. does not make you a great coach... Should be interesting.. Akil Adams.. Seriously!