SiouxSports.com Forum

2006/2007 Women's Basketball

4siouxnow

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Talk about a collapse. I walked away from the computer when the Sioux were up by 15, as I thought they had it won.

Looking at the bright side, at least they got the loss to SCSU out of the way before regionals.

With the way the Sioux played over the last 8-9 minutes, I think they would have lost tonight regardless of who they were playing. SCSU is still the worst team in the league, tonight's game notwithstanding. UND won't have to play them in the regional, because SCSU won't be in it. But what tonight's game does show is that the margin for error between UND and everybody else isn't large enough to win without playing relatively well. I don't know whether losing to an average team like SCSU makes it easier or more difficult to take than losing to a really good team like Augie or USD?

With the way the Sioux played over the last 8-9 minutes, I think they would have lost tonight regardless of who they were playing. SCSU is still the worst team in the league, tonight's game notwithstanding. UND won't have to play them in the regional, because SCSU won't be in it. But what tonight's game does show is that the margin for error between UND and everybody else isn't large enough to win without playing relatively well. I don't know whether losing to an average team like SCSU makes it easier or more difficult to take than losing to a really good team like Augie or USD?

You're right. My mind was on last season.

In the Feb. 5th Sports Illustrated, Kierah Kimbrough is the top person in the Faces in the Crowd.

(Zach Parise was just in the SI issue that revisited 50 previous Faces in the Crowd and where they are now)

Matt Greene was recently in as well with a picture of him fighting. Though you couldn't see his head, just the helmet in the air. It was on the same page as Apocalypse Now.

From Ryan Bakken's blog today:

Then the women's BB is upset by St. Cloud after leading by 16 points. What's amazing about this program is how successful it is, yet also about how it blows more big leads than Inspector Clouseau. This program plays outstanding basketball, but can't right its emotional ship when a game starts going badly. The tendency to "play scared" in big games is its only flaw.

The win probably revives St. Cloud's playoff hopes. And the Sioux didn't want to see their recent nemesis in the field.

I don't really agree about reviving St. Cloud's playoff hopes, as regardless of Thursday's game I still think they have to win the conference tournament to get in. Will they, away from home? Highly, highly doubtful. They're just not that good. Touting them as a post season threat reminds me to an extent of people doing the same to the late 90's Bison teams. Some Sioux fans/media were wary of them because of the success of past teams, but the truth was they just weren't very good. UND may very well lose in the post season, but I don't see it being to St. Cloud.

Women only dropped 1 spot in the poll this week with the loss, that's good, How Missouri Western got more 1st place votes after getting beat themselves makes no sense, and the Florida school is in their last year of DII and will be DI next year.

Should be a great set of games this week, I am guessing that Gene will have them ready from the get go, after a few days of practice and last weeks reality check.

new poll

1. North Dakota 20-2 11-2

2. Augustana (South Dakota) 16-4 14-2

3. South Dakota 13-4 12-4

4. Regis (Colorado) 14-4 13-2

5. Minnesota State Moorhead 14-5 11-4

6. Minnesota Duluth 12-8 11-6

7. Nebraska-Kearney 13-6 13-5

8. Northern State 13-6 13-5

9. Metropolitan State 16-5 11-5

10. Nebraska-Omaha 10-7 8-7

It's not in there, you have to open up two streaming media windows, one for video, one for audio. Pretty mad delay with the audio, though.

The picture gets poor on "Full Screen" mode...

Please tell me that audio and video will be synched in the future...