SiouxSports.com Forum

2006/2007 Women's Basketball

4siouxnow

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, hopefully for hockey they put them in the same stream.

Here in basketball world, we like the picture and sound in the same stream also...isn't hockey occupied with "internal disciplinary action" and too busy to care about matching visual & audio??? Trust me...you won't have the same problem with hockey...they'll get it corrected for that!

7 points off the bench the last two games certainly doesn't help either. Also missing Karla Beck is huge with the way she has been playing, one of the hardest workers on team and plays with a passion. This team certainly isn't playing with the emotion needed to win in the NCC right now. Players with heads down isn't something we have seen too often with the women in the past. Interesting too see how they rebound from these last two losses.

7 points off the bench the last two games certainly doesn't help either. Also missing Karla Beck is huge with the way she has been playing, one of the hardest workers on team and plays with a passion. This team certainly isn't playing with the emotion needed to win in the NCC right now. Players with heads down isn't something we have seen too often with the women in the past. Interesting too see how they rebound from these last two losses.

If the Sioux don't come out and play an excellent game on Saturday, I'm afraid we may look back on that blown game at St. Cloud in a similar light to how we look back on the football game against UNO in 2005. That game completely derailed what could have been a special season, and unfortunately it's looking like a similar story could be developing now.

Good point. Roebuck said the same thing in so many words at Sioux Boosters today. He stressed tomorrow's game as pivotal about a half dozen times. I don't think he knows what to expect his team to do either. In a way he was challenging the women to step up and play with some passion again. I really believe that he is a bit worried about this team, some very interesting comments from him. Another slipup and UND won't be hosting the NCC tourney or the regional.

What happens to the Regional rankings now? Do we still stay ahead of Augie? They do have one more loss than us.

Although Augie has one more loss, two of their losses are to out-of-region teams, which seem to be less costly in terms of regional rankings. I expect UND will drop to number two this week.

UND needs to win its last three games, and hope Augie loses at St. Cloud on Saturday.

Although Augie has one more loss, two of their losses are to out-of-region teams, which seem to be less costly in terms of regional rankings. I expect UND will drop to number two this week.

UND needs to win its last three games, and hope Augie loses at St. Cloud on Saturday.

I know they can pull out three wins, but when it comes tournament time they are going to need an extra athletic guard like Beck. Jahner is practically playing the entire game lately, and it would be nice to get a rest when several games will be played in a short amount of time. Anyone know how long she is out for or how severe it is?

I know they can pull out three wins, but when it comes tournament time they are going to need an extra athletic guard like Beck. Jahner is practically playing the entire game lately, and it would be nice to get a rest when several games will be played in a short amount of time. Anyone know how long she is out for or how severe it is?

I think there's a pretty good chance she'll be in the lineup on Thursday.

It looks like I was wrong on a couple of counts--that Augie would leapfrog UND, and that St. Cloud St. was dead and buried.

North Central

1. North Dakota 21-3 12-3

2. Augustana (South Dakota) 17-4 15-2

3. South Dakota 14-5 13-5

4. Regis (Colorado) 15-5 14-3

5. Metropolitan State 18-5 13-5

6. St. Cloud State 13-8 11-8

7. Nebraska-Kearney 15-6 15-5

8. Concordia-St. Paul 13-8 11-7

9. Minnesota State Moorhead 14-6 11-5

10. Northern State 14-7 14-6

For anyone interested in seeing a couple of future Sioux, the ND Girls Class B Region 2 Tourney will be at the Betty next week. Dakota Prairie plays at 6:00 pm Monday against Grafton and includes Kirstie Gillett ('07) and Jenna Gillett ('08). Semis are Tuesday and Finals on Thursday.

Beck was in uniform last night, but didn't play. I will assume she probably won't play Saturday, either, but hopefully will be ready by the UMD game. The schedule is irritating me a little bit, as this is the second week in a row where we have games both Thursday and Saturday, and on the Saturday games we're playing a team that didn't have to play on Thursday. It doesn't seem like that should happen on back-to-back weeks.