SiouxSports.com Forum

2006/2007 Women's Basketball

4siouxnow

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A win is a win, but unfortunately the level of play dropped off pretty dramatically from Friday. 24 turnovers, and giving up 15 offensive rebounds to a very small team is not good. About the only thing the Sioux did well was shoot a high percentage. I'm afraid that against a better team, we would have been in big trouble today given all the mistakes (many being unforced). On the bright side, hopefully we dodged a bullet today by getting a win despite the type of performance that resulted in losses the past two seasons. I don't expect the Sioux to play that sloppily again on Monday. It was good to see Maffin and Guinn both play about as well as they ever have in a Sioux uniform.

Watch out!!! UNK beats Concordia St. Paul in OT. This a dangerous team right now. Saw both Kearney games. This team makes big shot after big shot. Despite being smaller than every team they play, they are especially proficient at scoring down low despite the size disadvantage.

We (UND) didn't play great today, however I'm willing (its tough) to admit that Regis turned out to be a tough match up for us. They are part of the reason we struggled- their strength and quickness on the perimeter made a mess of getting into our sets for most of the game. I was rooting for Concordia I felt they were the better match up- our posts I feel would battled Behnke for Concordia and our guards would have had a tough match up for our perimeter. Now we we get a team that is very much like Regis, only much hotter shooting the bball, plus they've got the little extra motivator to get home for the Elite 8.

Maybe I just worry to much.

Watch out!!! UNK beats Concordia St. Paul in OT. This a dangerous team right now. Saw both Kearney games. This team makes big shot after big shot. Despite being smaller than every team they play, they are especially proficient at scoring down low despite the size disadvantage.

We (UND) didn't play great today, however I'm willing (its tough) to admit that Regis turned out to be a tough match up for us. They are part of the reason we struggled- their strength and quickness on the perimeter made a mess of getting into our sets for most of the game. I was rooting for Concordia I felt they were the better match up- our posts I feel would battled Behnke for Concordia and our guards would have had a tough match up for our perimeter. Now we we get a team that is very much like Regis, only much hotter shooting the bball, plus they've got the little extra motivator to get home for the Elite 8.

Maybe I just worry to much.

I kind of felt like UND would be better off with Kearney. Both Kearney and Concordia looked pretty bad defensively, but Concordia had more talent IMO, so their potential to pull of a "perfect game" seemed higher. Kearney can score, I'll give them that, but they have no depth, and what in the world were they doing defensively against Behnke? CSP was able to easily get the ball into her, and Kearney rarely doubled, which meant a lot of easy points. If they do that against the Sioux, Langen and Kimbrough are going to combine for 50. I think the Cinderella story is going to end on Monday. If the third-best team from the RMAC wins the regional, I'm afraid that may signal the end of the world. :lol:

A win is a win, but unfortunately the level of play dropped off pretty dramatically from Friday. 24 turnovers, and giving up 15 offensive rebounds to a very small team is not good. About the only thing the Sioux did well was shoot a high percentage. I'm afraid that against a better team, we would have been in big trouble today given all the mistakes (many being unforced). On the bright side, hopefully we dodged a bullet today by getting a win despite the type of performance that resulted in losses the past two seasons. I don't expect the Sioux to play that sloppily again on Monday. It was good to see Maffin and Guinn both play about as well as they ever have in a Sioux uniform.

I didn't see Friday's game, but I did see yesterday's. I don't feel the Sioux played poorly at all, rather Regis had the 3 quickest players on the court and that showed in our turnovers. They were as active against us as I've seen anyone be in a long time.

What won it for us is depth (plus their inside players couldn't stop ours). Those runs at the end of the first half and middle of the second were because Regis wore down. Heck, they switched to zone middle of the second half after playing 27+ minutes of really good man-to-man D against us; foul trouble was one reason but I thought their legs were going too.

Call-outs to Sannes Guinn and Maffin, all of whom we needed to step up - and they did.

I hadn't seen the Sioux since early February and they are a different team entirely right now. Fun to see.